Universal Adventure to Fate: Battle Arena JRPG (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. skidz26

skidz26 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    I really like the character creation and crafting abilities. I agree with ramzarules that some background scenery during battles would make a good game even better.
    No need to spend but I bought some gems and gold to support the dev!

2. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I received that same message last night - "this app has been removed from the App store.". I'm in the Midwest, USA.

3. RampageDeluxe

RampageDeluxe Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    As you now know, the promo code did the trick, thanks again. I'm in the U.S. If that helps at all at this point. It seems that there has been a lot of App Store odd behavior since the Christmas break.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Sweetness

So all things considered I got an early promo code (thanks TouchMint) and I think this game i very well done for what it is. It's an arena battler and that is what you do ;) The fact that you can reroll your character makes me think of some good ol' D&D stuff. I never played the first Adventure so I don't have that to go off of. As for the free tag, like it was said earlier, everything is obtainable in game so with some effort you can get whatever you want. The option is always there for the impatient ones. I'm going to buy something just to support the dev though since it's not needed. The amount of skills and equipment is great! I like that you can go back when times get hard too so you're never "stuck"

I'm currently playing the Rogue and I'm enjoying him but think I might go try out some other champs for the full effect. The Rogue is a Poison Master lol

Thanks again TouchMint and great job! As for people unsure about getting this why not try it, it's FREE and you can always get you money back on this purchase of FREE. Nothing to lose.

5. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Still got the first one its on my iPhone 6 plus now, can't wait to give this a go! Quality.

6. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    $3.79 in the Australian App Store. Is it meant to be free worldwide?

Not that this is a big deal to me, I'm just pointing it out in case something's gone awry. Added this to my Wish List.

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Are you sure your looking at the right Adventure to Fate? There are two. The original, for those that insist on paying for apps, is $2.99 titled Adventure to Fate:A Quest to the Core.

8. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I picked up the first game but didn't really give it a shot because of other games I'm into. (thx Dragon Age) but Ive been playing this while at work cuz its a slow day and I'm really enjoying it. Hard to believe it's free! Great job, dev! ☺️

9. Dethedrus

Dethedrus Active Member

May 5, 2012
    So much bite sized, loot grinding RPG fun! "Just one more fight" :)

10. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    #30 Retro Nug, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Yup. I feel the same way. :D

I dunno if I wanna save up gems for the Paladin first, or get the Vault access first instead.

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Game Impressions

The more I play it the more I like it! So much here in a small package along with the great character options I also really like the crafting option for weapons, potions and all that. This is a great game for fans of RPG. Lots of battles so get ready and the old school graphics are a plus with this one.

12. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Liked the first game and now playing this one. Does sending some money the developers way also eliminate the ads and the need to watch videos for replay battles?

13. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    And so they stop using this tired oryx sprite/tile set every other game uses these days.

14. Retro Nug

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I just realized it is costing fate gems to craft the better gear. I was wondering where they've been dissapearing to! I'm just gonna throw the dev a couple bucks and buy some gems in order to at least unlock the Vault.

15. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Thanks for the early code TouchMint!

I finally got to play today and really like the game mechanics.

The crafting is fun and I like how you can choose to fight earlier enemies
    if you need the level up a bit. I also like the stamina bar, where you can plan
    your attacks based on the number of actions you can get in.

I play with the music off because I like to hear the spell/weapon sounds.

Thanks TouchMint. This is a really fun game!

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I feel guilty about not playing the game earlier when i got an early access promo code.

Naturally, as a fan of the first game, I find this to be a really good pseudo sequel.

I like how i progress faster in Battle Arena than in the first one coz the battles are more accessible.

I do however miss how the first one has a dungeon crawler feel to it, but the sequel has a robust crafting system that keeps things fresh and interesting.

And for a freemium title, from what i have played, Touchmint has managed to keep the game balanced.

17. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Anyways I am glad you are enjoying the game I was a little weary about removing the exploration but I wanted to give people a choice (this is more geared towards action right away and my first paid ATF has a little slower play and is more about exploration to the core ;)).

How far have you made it? There are 100 rounds in the main game and then 25 more in the frost challenge area (which is very very hard I was only able to do it on 1 class without heirloom type gear).

18. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thank you for giving it a chance!

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Gonna give this a try. Really enjoy RPGs and honestly leveling up is my favorite part of playing World of Warcraft.

20. Xerdoz

Xerdoz Member

Jan 28, 2014
    So I picked this up since I really liked the old game but so far Im a bit dissapointed. I liked the hidden rooms, the somewhat random spawns of the last game. + Im not a huge fan of ingame micro transactions wich was one of the reasons to why I liked the last game aswell, to much micro transactions nowdays(I prefer lite version or pay to unlock the game if you like it) and I was fine with it until I got to second stage and noticed that it was no longer free to replay stages but it started costing crystals or having to watch adds. Atleast add a micro transaction to remove adds. Tbh Im dissapointed, you and me talked quite alot about the last game Touchmint, and I love the adding of crafting etc but where are the secrets? The hidden rooms and the keyboard chainstuns?