Universal Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core JRPG - (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 7, 2014.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Thanks so much for supporting! Hopefully Adventure To Fate is enough to make you a fan of the genre!

If you are looking for a unqiue experience try a Druid. :)

2. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    It's almost like that sometimes it's every step and sometimes it's every other step. The most steps I've gone without encountering monsters is 2.

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    It should be better once you have defeated them if you are backtracking in the later levels. Once you kills monsters their chance to respawn drops a lot.

Anyways hope you are enjoying let me know of you have any other questions.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    That's part of what put me off. A battle nearly every step. Progression becomes too slow, why walking on a map at all, then?

5. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I do get what your saying about this game, But it is a great little game. And it definetly gives you that feeling of accomplishment the further and stronger you get. Thanx to the Dev for a great little game!

6. irettillib

irettillib Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I would agree with you if this was a different game. As it is, let's not pretend exploration is part of the appeal. There's no point in being able to progress more freely because the environments are mostly tiny simple hallways with only 1 destination. The point of the game is the balanced and strategic turn-based combat. This game does it right by making the main appealing aspect the strongest gameplay focus. It's just not the game you want it to be, but that doesn't detract from what it is.

7. checkmate

checkmate Member

Nov 6, 2012
    #107 checkmate, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    Stuck in a wall

This is annoying. I came back to a saved file to see that my character is stuck in a wall. I can't move and I can't transport back to the castle. Please help!

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Very weird I'll check it out ASAP can you pm me details like floor and room before and after?

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Once you get to the desert and even more so the jungle areas there are puzzle type floors.

But yes there are battles nearly every step and like I said before I consider each step as a new room and because of that the gameplay differs from most jrpgs where you just see occasional encounters.

10. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Does the cleric get good? Im only level 9 but its way harder than any other class so far

11. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Can someone explain the combat system to me? I'm faring okay (level 3 or 4 rogue) but I don't really get the strategy here. Seems like it's just Pokemon.

As a rogue, I always start the round with sneak/hide skill, then spam stab skill. Drink mana, rinse repeat. The 3 vs. 1 encounters with those red hot rats was stressful but I can't really discern any strategy other than pray you survive the battle of attrition.

12. Xerdoz

Xerdoz Member

Jan 28, 2014
    #112 Xerdoz, May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Im stuck in a wall aswell :)
    I decided to send you a pm instead since I didnt want to spoil anything :)

13. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Fun game although a little simple in terms of the combat options. Wish I'd known my character would be retired at the end although I guess there wasn't much else to do with it. Time to try another class I guess.

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I actually consider the cleric and druid the easiest classes while the knight is the hardest.

There is a list of skills/spells on the website that should give you an idea of what the classes are like.

adventuretofate.com/spells-and-skills/

15. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

You gain new skills every 3 levels you also gain more stam as you level. Certain skills will take different amounts of stam as well so it gets a bit more tactical once you get passed the first few floors.

16. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I figured out the loading into walls bug and have a fix completed just need to update.

You can avoid this bug by not quitting after warping or dieing. Atleast take 1 step after and you will be saved in the correct room.

There is also a bugged room on floor 21 right north of the stairs to avoid.

These will all be fixed in the update as well as any characters that got stuck (you will be able to warp out).

Anyways thanks for sticking in there guys and try to pm me if you are stuck and any details you might have.

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Hey guys just wanted to give you an update on the update haha.

Anyways I've completed most of the update just waiting to test things live on my iPad. I've been out of town the last week so i have not had a chance to upload the latest build to a physical device. Anyways if all goes well I'll be submitting in the next few days.

Here is a list of the fixes / features in the update so far.

Settings page
    Music on off
    Sfx on off
    Rate game

Fixed stuck in wall after reset
    Fixed saving location after death
    Fixed saving location after warps
    Added ability to warp out if you are stuck.

Fixed unequip all skills when you try to replace you can't.

Fixed typo on skill equip

Randomized character select so you arnt always selecting human knights.

Sped up npc attack speed a little bit (15%)

Fixed spelling on about page, into story, type on physical attacks.

18. Haven't tried the druid yet, are there alot of spells that I can cast? Is there a fireball spell? I like those.

19. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Druid is fun, seems to focus on shapeshifting along with heal over time and poison.

20. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea besides rogue I think they are my fav to play.