Universal Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core JRPG - (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 7, 2014.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Finally got my act together and created a promo video for the game.
    The bad news: This is the first time ive ever used iMovie or made a promo video (so its kind of rough).
    The good news: I got to watch the sun raise tonight/today haha. #gamedev

2. Xerdoz

Xerdoz Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Ah nice that I rolled str then, thought it sounded a bit weird :)
    Thanx for the quick response, it really shows your dedicarion to the game and to the ppl playing it gj.
    Sounds like a great formula on a assassinate to me :)
    A quick question about luck, is it ever revealed?
    Perhaps a stupid question since I haven't had the time to play much yet but still :)

3. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Could Gamecenter achievements be added in an update?

4. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I played a bit if this yesterday and may I make a couple of suggestions?

One, having an option to speed up the battles. I feel as though it is a bit pokey currently.

Two, remove the "insufficient resources" message when you try and perform an action when the AI is taking their turn. I found it to be a bit confusing.

Anyway, good job on the game and listening/being receptive to feedback.

5. Design by Adrian

Design by Adrian Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Mobile/Web Designer & Developer
    London / Stockholm
    As usual, a pixel game with inconsistent graphics. The meters aren't pixelated, not all items are made of pixels. This makes the game look thrown together, the font just appears in different sizes, thus differently sized pixels, the transparent rectangles don't line up to the pixel texture backgrounds...

I want to like this, but I want to buy a game that looks finished.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    You won't ever know your luck in the current build. I've thought about showing it at the end or atleast showing like +2 or so when wearing 2 luck items. I really want the base luck to be luck so I don't want players rolling if they don't have the best that's why I have it hidden.

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I have never messed with them coding wise so I would have to look into how to do them but I left some database "slots" in hopes of adding them.

8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I could look into an option of speeding up the npc attack timers and adding that to a settings options (I'll add to update notes)

As for not enough resources etc that was a hard issue for me. The few testers I had were confused why they couldn't attack so I felt this was the best way to explain. I could always do like a beep and blink the stam bar big then small. However I think this would be an option to turn on in settings. Still not sure how I want to handle.

Glad you are enjoying the game tho means a lot :)

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

There are forsure a few things off skills icons and the rest of the game icons are by different artist (as noted in credits) but it was as close as I could get atm plus I really like both their styles. I might mess with resizing editing the skills to match the rest.

As for the rest you are right there are some things here and there that need polished up and will be in incoming updates. Hopefully I can get it to an enjoyable state for you.

Thanks for atleast taking a look and taking your time to post.

10. Cowboy Slayer

Cowboy Slayer Member

May 7, 2014
    On floor 21 solid game man looking forward to see you mature into a seasoned programmer.

Attached Files:

11. Cowboy Slayer

Cowboy Slayer Member

May 7, 2014
    :) good times

Attached Files:

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Looking good! Nice find on the bone amulet it's a pretty rare drop! Congrats on level 25 too!

13. donkeyslap

donkeyslap New Member

May 9, 2014
    I'm red-green colorblind and it's super hard to distinguish between the red and green enemy life bars. Can you change those colors or provide a color blind option?

14. Dang, where do we find these bone amulets? My job so far has been exterminating evil rats!

15. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Game Play

So far I'm enjoying the full version of this game. I like that the music changes now and then so that I'm not hearing the same loop over and over. Took me awhile to find the key for the dragon but I got to fight a lot of knights in the process. ;)

16. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Love this game. Haven't stopped playing. I wish that the random encounter rate is lower and the battle speed to be faster, though. Other than that the game is one of my favorite independent dev games on my phone. Keep up the good work!

17. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Are the random encounters supposed to be just about every step? I was curious about that.

18. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I'm not too familiar with how that works but ill research it and check it out for sure. Thanks for checking the game out and I'll see what can be done.

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Glad to see you guys enjoying the game so much!

Yes that's by design. I know it's not "standard" for games like these but the game is balanced for it. Without it the leveling and drop system would be out of whack. I think of each square kind of a as it's own room.

20. Yeah, normally I am not into old school rpgs that much, but boy, this game has so much charm and cuteness.

I'm gonna reset and try a mage or rouge. Gonna go kill some more rats! Wish me luck!