Universal Adventure To Fate : A Quest To The Core JRPG - (by TouchMint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 7, 2014.

1. prodigygwa

prodigygwa Active Member

May 12, 2013
    Been following this one for a while now, will definitely be having a dabble when it hits the UK!

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I got a promo code for this last night and I couldn't find enough hours to play it, it's really a love letter to retro RPGs of all varieties. It looks like a roguelike, fights like a traditional turn-based RPG and has some of the best features of puzzle RPGs.

I have to agree that the backgrounds could use some some HD-ifying and some special effects would go down well but it's just cosmetic stuff. The most important groundwork of the game is there and really solid. The amount of characters and classes alone scream instabuy - I can't wait to finish it just so I can start again with a different combination!

I knew I'd love this from my first look but it's always good to add a new dev to your watchlist :D

(Apologies to the dev, I ended up having to go to hospital so missed posting/reviewing earlier.)

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The "deal" is that all of those games are using the same graphics set that you can get here:

http://oryxdesignlab.com/sprites/lofi-fantasy-sprite-set

4. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    This is such a awesome game! Very cool turn based combat, awesome retro graphics. Highly recommended!

5. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
  6. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #26 Touchmint, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    This is my first game and it was created from scratch. No scripting engine or addon libraries used. The game engine / code / interface design was all done in objective on Xcode. :)

Yes I do use the oryx sprite pack as well as some other indie art and music resources. You can see them all in the credits. :)

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thanks everyone for the great reviews this project has been my life for the past 7-8 months. It's been a long hard ride but I've enjoyed every second of it.

I knew I wanted to make games since before I can remember. I just didn't realize it would ever be possible until I started reading these forums and seeing other indie dev stories come true here.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I am getting this anyway but is there gear / weapons you can pick up and stuff?

9. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Congrats on the launch! Must feel great to finally finish it! Hope your game does really well! :D

10. This game is really cute. Normally I don't like old school rpgs, but this one is so cute, still playing!

11. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    - Endless Loot & Treasures -
    Hundreds of unique items
    12 equipment slots to to fully customize your characters - (Weapon, Shield, Helmet, Chest, Gloves, Legs, Boots, Belt, Bracelet, Necklace, 2x Rings)
    Randomized drops on all monsters
    Item rarity color system (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Unique)

:D

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well dang! Lol :)

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Good effort, buddy!

14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Very cool to see! Thank you!

15. Cowboy Slayer

Cowboy Slayer Member

May 7, 2014
    Working on floor 13 halfway through farming up gold for a silver set of equipment and a set of guardian rings also halfway to lvl 20. Still enjoying the game greatly.

16. ALWH1588

ALWH1588 Member

May 7, 2014
    Yea there was a lot of stuff along the way. I found different stuff down different paths as well. Poison equipment worked really well on the Druid so I focused on that.

17. JeffreyBSharp

JeffreyBSharp New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Game Impressions

Longtime lurker
    - Tested this game thoroughly

Probably played ~120 hours of game, though I won't pretend like there's that much game to play.

I can field any questions as well, but my general impression of the game is a positive one. Feels very true to the JRPG genre, and has FF2 feel to it. The classes are nicely balanced, the difficulty progression is cleverly done with an emphasis on both the player's ability to balance their character's abilities and equipment.

Genuinely very pleased with how the game turned out, and look forward to seeing this community enjoy it as well.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome!

19. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Yea there is some cool equipment in that area for sure!

20. #40 Connector, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    I was playing dEXTRIS for the past 1/2 hour trying to break 100, failed, so now I am off to play this game, 2-bit cowboy, and Last Inua!

Wish me luck!

Killing rats now!

[​IMG]