1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Another week another update haha. Here is a preview for version 1.11 which I will be testing over the weekend and hopefully submitting early next week.

Anyway, this update was a bit more focused on QoL changes for VO users. Here are the notes.

Update 1.11 Summary

Sound / Music Updates

-Added in volume sliders for music and sound effects on the character page. (MUCH Requested by VO users)
    -Revamped how sound effects work throughout the game (no more missing or extra loud sounds).
    -Audio quality improved on all sound effects at minimal impact to file size.
    -20+ New sound effects (new morphing sounds!)

Damage Formula Update

-Adjusted how damage for 2 stamina and higher skills/spells works. (Overall more damage for these)
    -Elemental damage for 2, 3 and 4 stamina skills/spells buffed
    -2 Stamina skills now get 1.5x elemental damage
    -3 Stamina skills now get 2x elemental damage
    -4 Stamina skills now get 2.5x elemental damage

Forge Updates

-Added SP leech stat to item forges
    -When opening the weapon forge the item type now defaults to what your class uses. 

QoL adjustments and Bug Fixes

-Potions now auto sort in inventory and vault by type (buffing potions first), then highest Healing HP, then highest Healing SP
    This should mean buffing potions are at the top. Then the strongest healing HP potions, then the strongest healing SP potions.
    -When attacking with a morphed druid it will now show a claw as the skill pic for the whole battle.
    -Spirit Wolf (Hunter Pet Summon) now only takes 1 stamina to use but 50hp/50sp.
-Silent Focus now gives 7 critical chance (+2) and 10 water damage (wasn’t adding correctly previously)
    -Bow users (Hunter, Archer) regular attack fx image now is a small circle (like an arrow hitting) rather than the default slash.
    -Standardized to Skill Points to Spell Points in all of the game (this is because skill points are used to refer to points you can use to get skills in the skill tree).
    -Standardized Elemental Power to Elemental Damage for easier understanding (earth power is earth damage)
    -Fixed Tomb Raider not showing in the bestiary

decript and sebgo like this.
  2. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Slowly but surely chipping away at requests and bug fixes. Here are this week's updates!

Update 1.12 Notes

Swipe Movement Added!

-Swipe controls for movement between rooms added to the Main Screen
    -Double tap to search on the Action Log or Movement background section
    -Updated Help pages to include these new optional movements.

Battle View Interface

-Enlarged name labels in battle for easier reading

-The name of who is attacking now blinks as an indicator of whose turn it is during the battle.
    -When your HP or SP goes under 20% it now blinks as a warning.

Music / SFX

-Added battle start sound effect

s
    -Added battle won sound effects
    -Added battle rewards music
    -Adjusted all SFX and music levels to be balanced with each other. 

-Fixed missing sound on character creator that may have caused crash (when using secret codes to unlock classes)
    -Fixed bug where if music is off when the game loads then the slider on the character menu is at the top instead of the bottom
    -Fixed a bug where music / sfx buttons were not turning off if you dragged the slider too far.

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just wanted to check in since this update has been a bit longer process than the previous updates.

I am working on the witch / paladin classes. I don’t want to give too much away until they are a bit further in development but these will be a new type of class. They will be mystic classes, unique from the normal tree classes and even the classic classes.

They will be closer to a rogue-like class. Each level up you will have 3 choices from a pool of stats, pool of skills or pool of hp/sp stats. You’ll be building the class with decisions quite a bit more than the other class types.

I may even implement a 3 to 1 death limit. The reasoning for this is that it would be very possible to build a character that cannot win haha. This will definitely be hard mode and may require unlocking or I may just say go for it with a warning.

Anyways I just wanted to give an update on the new classes. Once I land on how everything will work I’ll update again.

4. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Ok just wanted to shoot out a quick update before the weekend.

Still working on the new witch class and developing it as a rogue-like playthrough. I Added about 20 unique skills/spells so far that set this class type apart and create synergy when used correctly.

Have the class itself on the character creator. It creates as well as plays. Every level up you either get to pick from stats or new skills. Added a few new overworld interactions to make the play-throughs even more random. Also added the system where if you die 3 times your character is deleted.

Now just adding about 10 more skills/spells then polishing up and adding odds and ends. The core part of the class is done for the most part. So next is testing as much as possible then hopefully releasing for beta testing next weekend.

sebgo likes this.
  5. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    The new Witch (rogue-like) class has started testing and is going pretty well. Hopefully if all goes well the update will officially be out in about a week or two.

This was a pretty big undertaking and much more than just a new class but rather a whole new system of how the class plays so I want to make sure everything is as stable and bug free as possible before releasing to the public.

Feel free to ask any questions about the new class and I will try to fill you in. Thanks as always for the support!

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Still testing the new witch class but now starting to implement the new unlock / reward system.

As you know when you die 3-5 times as a mystic class (witch or paladin) your character is deleted forever.

The good news is your energy will not be wasted! There will be a point and reward system based on how far you make it floor wise (as well as some other bonuses).

In death you will be rewarded with mystical points which you use to unlock new skills, races, pets and even classes. This way all that work doesn’t go to waste and even if you don’t “Win” your effort goes towards unlocking new stuff.

Right now I have it so you’ll unlock 6 new skills that will be available in your skill pools when choosing skills. You’ll also unlock a new race, pet and eventually the paladin class.

Then when I get around to releasing the paladin class you’ll have the same sort of system.

thanks as always for supporting and following the progress of the game.

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Great news! The update itself is finally done (coding-wise)! I will be spending tonight and tomorrow testing on my own and then if all goes well the update will go out to my Testflight testers. If there are no major bugs or fixes, the update will be submitted to Apple mid/late next week.

I know the update has taken a while but I want to thoroughly test as much as possible since there are so many new features and so much new code. It will likely take me hours just to comb through the changes and write the full changelog.

Here is a bit of a preview of the reward system that I spent last week working on. As a refresher when you play the Witch class you will have "5 Lives" and after those are gone the character is deleted and you must start over. While you will lose your progress you will gain Mystic Souls.

These Mystic Souls will be used to unlock new skills, pets, races, and classes within the game. These auto-unlock as you collect the souls so no need to pick and choose which you want.

Here is a preview of the Bonuses you unlock with the Mystic Souls.

Reroll (skill) - 5 souls
    Luck (stat that can show up on level-ups) -15 souls.
    Leprechaun (race) -30 souls.
    Miraculous Recovery (skill) - 50 souls.
    Resisted anger (skill) - 75 souls.
    Vibrant parrot (pet) - 100 souls.
    No Remorse (skill) - 125 souls.
    Defusing chant (skill) -150 souls.
    Jade Cobra (pet) - 200 souls.
    Soul Absorb (skill) - 250 souls.
    Devious chant (skill) - 300 souls.
    Zombie (race) - 350 souls.
    Illusionary haste (skill) - 400 souls.
    Blight (skill) - 500 souls
    Paladin (class) - ???? souls(not unlockable until a future update).

IMG_4619.PNG

Beating the game provides about 150 souls (otherwise it's based on how far you made it plus some other bonuses). There are also ways to obtain extra souls during your run. This will be a bit of a grind but it's a system that is meant to last a while.

In essence, this update will add a Rogue-Lite system and class. Now you have 3 play options where you can play as a Classic Class (from my previous adventure to fate games), A Island Class (using a skill tree), and A Mystic / rogue-lite Class.

Roxton and sebgo like this.
  8. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #28 Touchmint, Jun 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    Great news update 1.14 has been accepted to the App Store. Here are the update notes in full.

This is a really exciting update because it adds a new play style and is likely a peek into how I’ll handle my next game (with much more roguelike systems).

Anyways here are the update notes! Thanks for the support!

The largest Adventure To Fate Update ever! Introducing the Witch Class (A Roguelike Class and System) and So much more!

Now you can explore the Lost Island in a whole new way! The new Witch class allows you to play the game as a Roguelike. The ultimate challenge! Test your skills and see how far you can make it!

-The Witch a New Mystical Class-
    Witches (a Mystical Class) is designed for Adventure To Fate Experts, they are both more challenging and rewarding! The rewards include new skills, races, pets, and classes! They play like a Roguelike.

Witches have certain Advantages and Disadvantages that other classes do not. This allows the Witch to be challenging yet extremely powerful if played with the right strategy.

A Disadvantage of the Witch is that they only have 5 lives. After their 5th death, the character is permanently deleted. However, an Advantage might be that after each death they get to choose from a pool of bonuses that can help on their adventure.

-New Mystical Class Systems (Works like Roguelike)-

-Death Reward System
    Each death that does not result in permadeath gains a bonus. Note: Mystic Classes have 5 lives until permadeath.

-Mystic Soul Collection / Rewards System
    At the end of each run (whether successful or not) you gain mystic souls. The amount mostly depends on how far you make it, along with some other bonuses along the way.

The Mystic Souls you collect automatically unlock new more powerful skills, pets, races, and even classes!

Then when you attempt your run again these new bonuses will strengthen your character helping you reach even further!

-Collects Mystical Souls on each run.

-Mystic Souls unlock new more powerful skills as well as new pets, races, and even classes!

-Playing as a Mystic Class can unlock features for all the characters in the game!

-New Content-
    -New Mystical Class - Witches are masters of the dark arts. The witch's greatest strength is her variation.

Witches are a Mystical (Roguelike) Class. They only have 5 lives until permadeath. They select a new Skill or Stat each level up. They will have 3 options that appear out of a larger pool of skills or stats.

Each run with the Witch should be unique based on their options and selections. Once they succeed in saving the Island or Die to fate they are still rewarded with Mystic Souls which are used to unlock new bonuses and features in the game.

-40 new skills of all types
    New skills to make a giant skill pool for the Witch and Paladin Classes
    -New Passives, Profession Passives, Skills, Spells, Morphs and Much More!

2 New Races
    -Leprechaun
    Signature Skill - ReRoll - The passive ability for Mystical Classes to reroll their given level-up skills and stats.
    -Zombie
    Signature Skill -Feed! The passive ability to gain 1 strength and 1 intelligence for every kill they make!

3 New Pets
    -Vibrant Parrot
    -Jade Cobra
    -Fruit Bat

-Design And Layout Changes-
    Redesigned character creation page to better include Skill trees, Skill List and the New Mystic Souls Bonus Unlocks.

New View for classic classes so they can view their possible skills at any time in-game (found in the skill book section at the bottom)

New Mystic Souls view so you can track your unlock progress when creating a character or during play (found in the skill book section at the bottom)

The Bestiary now shows if and how many times a monster has killed you (as a Mystical Class)

Additional Skillbook slots to accommodate the new Mystical Classes (Witch & Paladin)

Minor sound additions and improvements

-New Leaderboards and Achievements-
    A new more competitive leaderboard for Mystical-only classes (Witch and Paladin)

A new competitive scoring system based on how far you make it and how many lives are left.

A new total leaderboard for Mystic Souls collected

5 new Mystical and Witch Achievements

Anotherkellydown and decript like this.
  9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    To celebrate the release of the new Witch Class (which is a loose take on a roguelike) I am put the game on sale for the first time. $4.99 > $2.99 for 3 days!

Thanks for the support!

Anotherkellydown and decript like this.
  10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 1.15 has been submitted to Apple after testing over the weekend. Here are the official update notes.

Gameplay Improvements

Added the Forge Shop (where you can view and buy all forged items created in your account)

The Forge Shop is located in the Infinity Void (once you beat the main game).

The Forge Shop can be found in the top right corner of the map (floor 46 room 4) (This works for ALL characters however only newly created characters will have an updated image or indicator that the shop is there)

Mystic souls can now show up as a reward in the volcanos choose one power mine shrine.

Death Improvements?

On the death dialog, it now says which NPC killed you with a little random message.

Death Dialog also shows the NPC picture of who killed you.

Bestiary now shows and can be sorted by “deaths” to monsters (when playing as a mystical class such as Witch)

Bug Fixes

When you die from trap or fire damage before going into a battle it no longer starts the battle music and battle.

Voiceover - Fixed issue where trying to equip a passive skill would freeze up play.

Design Fixes / Improvements

Colorized the skill types on choose a skill/reward pages (gem turn-in, mystic level-ups and shrines).

When examining a skill it also has a color for the type.

The combat log now displays when an NPC or Character takes damage from a negative HP or SP debuff.

Added Discord link buttons to Title view and Help views.

Fixed the main Action log from being slightly cut off on small devices

Fixed character list design to show correctly on small devices

Fixed issue on devices with island devices where the top row of classes on character creator would overlap.

Thanks as always for the support!!!

Roxton, Anotherkellydown and decript like this.
  11. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 1.16

This update includes a bit of balancing as well as fixing some outstanding voiceover issues. Most of the additions/fixes focus on getting the game engine ready for the upcoming game. The big fix/change here is updating interactions to the Alert system which makes VoiceOver more stable (non voiceover users will not have the change)

-New Skills and Skill Changes
-
    -New Passive Skill Searching Stone
    -The Searching Stone passive skill can now be unlocked with Mystic Souls (by playing the Witch Class).
    -The Searching Stone gives ALL characters in the account a 7% better chance to find Ultra Rare Pets and Ultra Rare Items. (This stacks with the Witch's 15% already improved find chance)
    -Spirit Absorb and Soul Absorb now have more random damage (the average damage is about the same)
    -Recovering Rain - minor buff to HP restore 7 > 10

-Huge overhaul of VoiceOver alert system-
    -Moved most Voiceover popups from info view to system alert for more stable and consistent play. Over 100 interactions were changed and optimized!

-Naming conventions-
    -Restore HP / SP (the amount you restore/recover after each round/battle) has been standardized to HP / SP Restore 

-Leech HP / SP (the amount you leech when dealing damage to an enemy) has been standardized to HP / SP Leech
    -These should be renamed everywhere in the game (from the skill descriptions to the help files).

-Bug Fixes-
    -Fixed critical death bug that may cause enemies to stop attacking.
    -Fixed a bug for VoiceOver users where you couldn’t swipe correctly to revive after dying.
    -Fixed bug for VoiceOver users that didn’t update HP/SP display after dying
    -Fixed bug when casting a debuff on NPC2 or NPC3 it could display the name as blank.
    -When selecting a class that is not unlocked VO now reads that it is undiscovered and what you must do to unlock the class.
    -Fixed the discord button that was overlapping on the Help Page in the game.

12. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 1.17 (July 13th)

-The NEW Endless Arena has arrived-
    -Battle over 300 different monsters from ALL Adventure To Fate games with a NEW easy-to-use interface.
    -An Endgame challenge like never before!
    -Create your own battles and challenges consisting of any of the Adventure To Fate creatures!
    -New detailed info on previous Adventure To Fate monsters.
    -Detailed info on their skills and loot like never before!
    -A revamped interface similar to the Bestiary.
    -Easier navigation and detailed information on ALL monsters!
    -Streamlined for easier Accessible VoiceOver access!

-Bug Fixes-
    -Minor bug fixes for VoiceOver Alerts.

13. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Update 1.18 7-17-24

-General Fixes-
    -Witches can no longer lose lives or gain death stat bonuses in the endless arena.
    -In the endless arena, Your material finds are now based on the first NPCs level you add to the fight. This allows you to collect lower-level materials to complete lower-level crafts if you desire.
    -New Ranges Tier 1: 1-12. Tier 2: 13-20. Tier 3: 20-24
    -Fixed a bug where the color of the bestiary and endless arena tabs were incorrect after using shop or crafting tabs.
    -Added alert when you try to “Use” equipment. Alert suggests you try to “Equip” it instead.
    -Updated Skill Tree tier list descriptions to match class types (Island, Classic, Mystical)
    -The double teleport message should be fixed!
    -Total damage output (displayed after the battle and for achievements) now correctly includes spell/skill all damage.
    -Fixed bug where if you choose a stat as a witch on a searchable square that search opportunity and image goes away (through level or death).

-VoiceOver Fixes-
    -When selling an item in the shop VoiceOver now reads out the item name and profit.
    -Added various focus commands to be applied after VoiceOver alerts so you return to the correct screen location after an action.
    -Fixed VoiceOver bug where Witch stat gain was reading intelligence instead of leech SP.

sebgo likes this.
  14. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I have started working on the next major update for Adventure To Fate Lost Island (while taking a break from development from the upcoming Core Quest).

I will be adding the Paladin Class.

For those that don't know the paladin will play similar to the Witch (roguelike with lots of randomized options). There will be a pool of about 50-60 skills (20 unique to the paladin). This makes for a randomized yet strategic unique play through every time.

I have spent the last few weeks creating, designing, and coding the new skills. I am about done with this process.

Now I just need to figure out what level pools(3,6,9,12, etc) these skills will land and then continue testing them.

If all goes well I should be able to start testflight testing at some point next week.

I will be posting some previews with spoiler tags as testing goes on.

sebgo and decript like this.