Universal Adventure Time Game Wizard (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 19, 2015.

1. leeoccleshaw

leeoccleshaw Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Awesome! There is a definite problem with the arcade right now when the crappiest of crappy levels have 30,000 views whereas a level that I actually put effort into only has 27!!

2. Twitch_City

Twitch_City New Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #122 Twitch_City, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Gameplay Questions

I've really been enjoying the game, but seem to have hit a few deadends.

I have all of the chests/snails, but cannot seem to find 2 "big coins" in the Ice Kingdom, and 3 "big coins" in the Grasslands. Anyone have a map or any ideas about some particularly hidden coins might be in these two stages?

The bigger issue: I cannot seem to find the final boss! I'm assuming you get to fight
    the Doodle Wizard
    , but can't seem to find the location. I've beaten
    Lemongrab, Gunter, and Magic Man
    . Every area has the "boss completed" checkmark. I feel like I'm missing something obvious!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Have you found the Doodle Kingdom yet? Should be easy to find the last boss from there since it's a more linear kingdom, and you should have all the characters to be able to go through any obstacles.

4. Twitch_City

Twitch_City New Member

Feb 21, 2015
    #124 Twitch_City, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Nope! How do I get there? The last segment of story was against
    Magic Man
    , and the warp below him just brings me back to the top of the dungeon.

EDIT1: Found the Doodle Kingdom! For those who might miss it:
    the entrance is from the upper left sheet of the Ice Kingdom
    . With that find, I also obtained the 2 remaining "big coins" in the Ice Kingdom.

The only thing left in the campaign is to get my 3 missing coins in the Grasslands. Anyone see a video or anything that has all the locations?

EDIT2: Found them! They were fairly elusive in the middle of the right-most end of the Grasslands (sheet next to the Candy Kingdom).

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im also missing just 3 Grasslands Coins. Are the last ones you got on the right end above the 3 chests or below? Cant seem to find it. Beemo needed to see it from afar?

6. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Is it possible to play levels made on android device on iOs and the other way around ?

7. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Yes, all the levels are cross-platform.

8. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Thanks! That's awesome!

9. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Update released with some bug fixes. Also adds MFI controller support, which I'm very excited for. More on the way!

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    MFi support's pretty raw. Only directionals and jump+attack are working but they need to be remapped to swap places.

Need buttons for pause/map and for character switch. Also needs menu navigation. Fix those, and this game will be so much better than the stellar game it already is.

11. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Yeah, since it will always be a drawing-oriented game, the expectation is still that the screen is within finger reach, but it would be great to map additional features to the pad. Thanks for taking a look!

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sure going all touch is better for the create mode, but the adventuring part has to be full mfi control if they want a good experience.

It's very annoying to change position when you are resting your back on a comfy chair to reach for your device to tap character switch or pause to open the map.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Content update! New single player chapter with Marceline and her realm. :)

14. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Make sure you check out the new Locked Barriers that can be triggered only by Marceline's special ability! Pretty cool

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    This has got to be the best MFi implementation I have come across yet! Wow!!! Truly a joy to play, highly recommended if you have a controller!

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Fiona and cake update. I don't like adventure time, but this is fun.

17. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Fionna and Cake have some pretty unique gameplay. We hope you enjoy them!

-RobS, PixelPress

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone who doesnt have this yet, get it. Fantastic metroidvania platformer with the familiar charming characters of the Adventure Time crew. :)

19. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been enjoying this game way too much. Arcade mode is great but I wish there were more levels for the other characters besides Jake and Finn.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    This game... Is fantastic. I never got it when it came out cause I was still on iOS 7... but when I got my 6S, I bought it. Then didn't have the space to install it, so it just sat there...

I meant to install it after I beat that PPG action puzzler... But then XCOM got the nod.

Anyway... Teeny Titans has again made me remember that I still hadn't played this game. So I promptly uninstalled XCOM, and put both Teeny Titans and Adventure Time Game Wizard in its place.

Now... I'm at about 13% and keep getting stuck in a boss fight. He'll keep running into me and just driving me into the wall, trapping me under the pillars. I took a screen... And even though I'm on the left side, it's happened multiple times, in oth the left and right sides of the 'arena' or room... Or whatever... The enclosed battle area. =oP

Dunno if it's something that can be addressed/fixed... or not... And I'm just outta luck here... But I thought I'd bring it up.

Attached Files: