Universal Adventure Time Game Wizard (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 19, 2015.

1. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

#81 GrumpyfaceChris, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    NOTE ON CRASHES:

Although not all devices are affected, we are aware that there are currently many players experiencing frequent crashing. We have been actively working away at a fix, and are hoping to provide it ASAP (as early as tonight or tomorrow).

Our humble apologies for the inconvenience, thank you all so much for your patience and assistance!

Edit: Also, for anyone experience crashes, in the meantime you can also try to fully shut down and restart your devices to clear some memory, which should help slightly in the meantime

2. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Also worth noting, the majority of paper scanning issues I'm hearing about are actually from users using normal notebook or graph paper instead of the required sheets available for free at http://www.atgamewiz.com

3. pirahna1

pirahna1 New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Hopefully the devs can fix this issue and allow the use of at least grid paper. Ink is expensive! I'm really drawn to this game, but can't convince myself to buy an ink refill for $20 just for this one game :-/

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was able to play around with create mode for an about an hour before i hit a crash.

From what i noticed, it crashes when you tap things around too much. It seems all the tapping gets buffered and the device memory couldnt handle it when you have tapped a few menu items and choices.

5. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Go to your local library or look around for printing and photocopying services. It shouldn't cost very much per page - especially if you just print one then photocopy it multiple times.

Alternatively, work in an office with poor cost control and churn a whole stack out.

6. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #86 tahzblade, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Just bought it ## Can't wait to play it !

Edit: So far, this game is awesome!

7. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Just wanted to follow-up and report that an update has been submitted to Apple that should greatly improve stability. There are also load time improvements and a few additional polish elements included (including a new "most recent" section on the front page of the arcade!)

If any problems persist in this update, please be assured that we, Pixel Press, and Cartoon Network will be continuing to support the game and its players.

Look for the update to go live soon. Thanks again!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Duuude, I had no idea there was actually a single-player campaign. Damn you, EP...as if I haven't already spent a ton of money this week! Bought! :D

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #89 Exact-Psience, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    ^LOL! Yeah i love this game aaaand...

I just finished the story mode! A story mode with gameplay mechanics and controls deserving of 5-stars!

There's no ingame gametime, but i think i've clocked about 8 to 10 hours through the story mode.

If there was a flaw in the game's mechanics, it's that i think the bossfights are too easy when you have upgraded your characters. If you want to never get hit in the bossfights then it becomes tricky coz the bosses have good unique attack patterns that actually require a bit of dodging and maneuvering to counter, however they deal too little damage to your upgraded health and having high health all the time isnt that rewarding.

Maybe a gameplus mode that restarts from the beginning in a harder difficulty but with all upgrades intact? I mean you still need to unlock the characters as normal, just that they are already upgraded based on your previous playthrough.

Nonetheles, i expected the game to be kid-friendly, so the difficulty didnt bother me as much, and i enjoyed playing through ATGW.

Highly recommended!

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Update is out! Woooooo! Mathematical!!!

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I just saw the ad on CN, and it says it has IAP. Where is it?

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Currently there is none.

When you buy the game, you get the first tile set for the editor for free. With this my guess is, further expansion tilesets will be IAP, which i think will be a pretty fair trade.

By the way, i've played a few of the other people's creations and they are actually pretty good. More stages for me to play.

Im kinda sad there isnt a lot more buzz in this thread. This is a great platformer game with really good controls and good amount of content. And there's no consumable IAP BS to be found anywhere.

13. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I just saw this to be featured on the AppStore and it catched my eye instantly. I just checked the link for sheets provided in one of previous comments and I'd like to know if scanning of those sheets will work correctly if printed black and white. I'm asking just in case if to expect any additional costs by printing the sheets in color. I hope my son will be interested in creating his own platformers, so there might be tens or hundreds of those sheets necessary. Also, are there any tutorials with step by step process of creation? I'm not sure how much additional work is necessary after scanning the sheets. It's not very clear from the images and I didn't see any video with demonstration either. Thanks in advance for the answers.

14. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    It'll work with black-and-white paper. There is a guide that can be printed out along with the sheets, and there is also an in-app tutorial for creative mode. The tutorials can be triggered again if you watch them but also want your son to see them as well.

After scanning in a sheet, you'll be able to make additional edits, theme it with a design, configure some blocks with additional settings, choose your hero character, and add enemies. The tutorials walk through all these steps and there is a checklist to help guide you in making a complete level.

Feel free to share any more questions you might have about the process!

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    RobMSantos and Exact-Psience, thanks guys, sounds great. I'm in;)

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I just wanted to let you know I bought the game and had a chance to play a little bit and I have to say it's amazing! I mean, I didn't expect the full narration and so funny dialogues. Really fantastic, I'm not surprised it's featured on the AppStore. Btw, my installed size is 1,1GB on iPad mini with retina, the game's description says 245MB, but I understand it depends on device. I didn't have a chance to try create anything, but from what I've seen I'll need some coins to unlock some specific bricks, right? So I guess, finishing the story mode is required. It doesn't matter right now cause I love the story and I'm enjoying every second of it. Who cares it's aimed to kids between 9-11, right? Tomorrow I'm gonna print a few hundreds of those sheets and I hope my son will find interest in making some level design stuff;) Anyway, this is a masterpiece and I really highly recommend to grab it and try. For its current price it's a must-have. 5 stars!

18. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    The listed size is the download. The game then installs- uncompresses- to the actual size. Which is not listed for some reason.

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh, I didn't know that. On the other hand, what's the point of mentioning the download size? For those with lower capacity the install size is one that matters. That being said, it's not very usefull information on the AppStore than. Anyway, it's just a heads up for those with 32GB or even less.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Finally!

Somebody jumped in and seen what i saw in this game. Been trying to get people to play the game, but i guess for some $5 is a huge gamble since there are decent choices around that premium price on the appstore.