Universal Adventure Time Game Wizard (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 19, 2015.

1. productdesign

productdesign New Member

I enjoy to play game

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for the quick stability update.

Just had my first crash on the Gunther boss.

Really loving the game.

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Gotta drop this on my release week huh? Haha I'm not even mad it's pretty sweet.

4. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I know it's a bit of a daft thing but I wish I'd known this was 1.2 gig before purchase as I wouldn't have dropped £3.99 on it knowing I wouldn't be keeping it for long, I'm pushed for space ony 16 gig phone.
    The game is brilliant tho which is a plus point :D

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Easily one of the best games i have played on iOS. Grumpyface needs to focus on making the app more stable, and i'd have the second title to add into my best of 2015 list.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow how'd i miss this? I must have it! Btw if you don't make levels, how long would the game be essentially? I'm not very good with level creators. I'm assuming the game should be fairly long based on its size. I do wish i could draw my own character or like some character drawer in game. I think that's the biggest thing that's hard to do in "game creator" apps.

I'll have to go clean up some space before i can get this!

I did notice all the bad reviews ate basically crash problems.

7. pirahna1

pirahna1 New Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I, too, would like to know if this game requires Internet connectivity.

Also, in regards to creating your own levels:
    The screenshots and video show what seems to be a printed sheet of paper with a blue box on it. Do I need to print out special sheets, or can I use any old grid, lined, or plain paper?
    Will be picking this up once I get more info.

And just curious about his but why the download/instal size discrepancy? Why don't app devs list the TRUE size of a game on the App Store? I see this too often.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The game DOES NOT REQUIRE INTERNET CONNECTION to play the main story.

Naturally, getting access to other player's creations will require a connection.

9. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    You can get free copies of the required sheets to print along with a guide from the game's website at http://www.atgamewiz.com

The camera tech makes use of the registration marks along the border for alignment tracking.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant say exactly since i havent completed it, but i've spent a good 2 to 3 hours into the game already, and i've only faced a couple bosses, mostly because i want to explore every nook and cranny for the collectibles.

There are hidden passages, and there are passages that are accessible only to certain characters. As for the hidden passages, it isnt that hard to find once you have a certain someone that helps you find them. Tons of collectibles on each area will make sure you spend a good time exploring each area. ;)

If that isnt enough, there is an infinite amount of playability (not even replayablity yet) because you can play other people's creations (provided people will create stages). Im sure Grumpyface will upload a few of their own as well to provide more content.

Grumpyface already posted regarding some stability fixes. On my ipad air, there are occasional hiccups (very rare), so i imagine those with newer model devices will have less of those or none at all. I did crash once, but only once so far. The map's one huge seamless transition, so that may cause the stability issues. This is actually the only flaw i can find in this game so far.

There are a few bugs like hidden passages that were unintended which can get you seemingly stuck, but you should be able to get out with the second and third characters easily. ;)

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There's a difference in download size and install size. This is the same as with other sites selling games on PC or mac.

If the download size is a lot smaller than the install size, and the game doesnt download any additional content online upon installing, then it just goes to show that the devs did a fantastic job packing the game into a small, quick download.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the reply EP! I think you and I have somewhat similar taste in games :)

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    So how addicting is this game? Because I been playing so much hero emblem and vainglory I don't think I haven enough time for another addicting platform draw your own game.

14. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    Cannot run on my iphone 6plus, game freezes seconds after the start (reinstalled twice). Also, a LOT of crashes on my iPad Air.
    Also the iPad cannot scan the drawn image, no medsage why.
    Definitely disappointed with the current state, waiting for the patch.
    (Latest system, not jailbroken.)
    :(

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL yeah... Been thinking the same thing. ;)

Im sure you'll like this one too.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This is what's odd with iOS gaming. It can be stable on one device, but crashfest on another same device.

Only crashed once on my ipad air so far, and i've spent a bit of time into the game already.

Grumpyface posted here about submitting a stability fix real soon, so let's hope that fixes stuff up for everyone affected.

17. SwEDISH GuY8G

SwEDISH GuY8G Member

Dec 29, 2014
    This is how cartoon network doing money sets overpriced games

18. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    We played only the Create part, maybe the story or arcade part is more stable.. Dindt try it. In create mode, the game crashed like every 5 minutes. Good thing is it saves often so nothing went lost.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... On the other hand, i didnt try Create yet, but spent time on the story mode. Maybe i'll give the create part a try soon so i am able to give feedbackk on that part.

20. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

#80 GrumpyfaceChris, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Hey Redicius,

I'm so sorry you're having problems, but I'm hoping to get more details from you so we can see what's going on (especially because the iphone 6plus should definitely be stable!)

When you mention that it freezes seconds at the start, exactly what part of the game are you at? Did you make it past the opening movie and the title screen?

As for scanning the drawn image: are you using the special printed out game wizard paper for scanning?

When crashing in create mode: do you recall if you were doing any specific actiosn before the crash? Were you past the tutorial?

We'll do our best to help as fast as we can. Thanks for any additional info!

NOTE: also, be sure to try fully shutting down and restarting your devices -- this can always help a little bit with memory pressure too!