Universal Adventure Time Game Wizard (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 19, 2015.

1. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #41 tahzblade, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    This looks so good... This is gonna be an insta buy when I buy a itunes card. Currently only have 2 cents lol.

Is this out on Android ? Cause if it is I'll buy it for my android phone (When I buy a Play store card ) then when I get an iTunes card buy it for my iPad.

If it's available for Android I'll get it there first cause I need to buy an app for my Android phone anyways.

Edit: Just checked and yep, its out on Android. Will be buying this soon then :)

2. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I love Ghost toasters ! Such an awesome game. Hey... Any plans on making more Regular Show games ? :)

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    That's a massive jump.

4. Durduhdur

Durduhdur Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Love the game! I got stuck under the level # saw a coin roll off the edge so I chased it thinking maybe a secret down there but nope just stuck.

Attached Files:

5. RobMSantos

RobMSantos Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Designer, Game Developer, UX
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    RobS of Pixel Press here. Very happy to see people enjoying the latest adventure through the Land of Ooo!

We'll be keeping an eye on this thread like our pals at Grumpy Face, so you all can have a direct connection with the developers.

6. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Hey Durduhdur,

Ha, definitely not an intended secret area! We've actually got a fix for this as well as some other various issues on the way. For now, I'm afraid you'll need to use the 'retry' button in the pause screen to send you back to the last checkpoint -- sorry about that, but thanks for reporting!

7. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Can the game be played offline? Is the single player content decent length for the cost? How much "metroidvania"-style exploration is in the game?

Just a few concerns before I drop $5 and a large chunk of space on a game I'm fairly excited for.

8. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    What made you think there was an online component? The single player is pretty lengthy, and is a decent metroidvania, there are no power ups gained from killing bosses and stuff like that but you can boost each character with gold you find. There's more content on the way, and I can honestly say besides the space it takes up and the wall bugs, it's amazing.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  10. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Ok. You had me at "Weird" Al.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Already plenty of reports in the App Store about lots-o-crashes.
    What's up with that? Just the usual people using under spec devices or what?

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Probably people using under spec devices, no problems on my ipad air

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Is this best on an iPad or an iPhone?

14. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    For me everything will be better on a bigger screen, so my answer would be on ipad.

15. GrumpyfaceChris

Just a heads-up: we will be providing a stability improvement and bugfix patch as early as tomorrow. We are watching all reports closely and will be continuing to support and improve the game -- if you have any problems, please don't hesitate to PM me.

---

BTW have you guys seen the totally awesome and ridiculous live action CN commercial for the game? Here's the full-length version over at mashable: http://mashable.com/2015/01/18/adventure-time-game-wizard/

16. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Is there a video showing how the scanning works? Screenshots doesn't really tell anything. So I assume you have to draw like 10 pages worth of sketches for a level to be long enough to play?

17. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Is this game more geared towards kids as opposed to adult gamers?

18. GrumpyfaceChris

The video on the app store shows it briefly (also here on google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.pixelpressadventuretime )

The in-app level creation experience is meant to mimic the real-life drawing experience, so essentially your level is made up of multiple "sheets" (draggable squares in app & real sheets of paper in real life).

Single sheet levels can still be fairly complex and take ~3-5+ minutes to beat depending on the design -- in that way, they are very suited for quick "mobile-style" pick up and play. However when you combine multiple sheets together you can create larger adventures similar to the game's story mode (though that definitely requires dedication and time to put together from the creator)!

19. GrumpyfaceChris

#59 GrumpyfaceChris, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Hopefully it will appeal to both! The Story Mode is meant to be a slightly simpler "Metroid" style game -- it starts off with a lower difficulty, but gets challenging towards the end and will definitely appeal to the more "gamer" type.

The Create and Arcade modes are meant to offer something for players of all ages and skill levels. We're hoping both kids and adults alike stretch their creative muscles with them

20. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. Off to the App Store now. :)