Universal Adventure Time Game Wizard (by Cartoon Network)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This is a great surprise release. I'm enjoying it so far. The adventure time games are pretty great, and I don't even care for adventure time. I wish CN would work on more Regular Show games....

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    OH NO!! I didn't see it was iOS 8 only...

Maybe my wife will let me play with her phone... =o/

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    If all I care about is the "story mode" and not really interested in the game editor......is the $5 still worth it?

I just want to play a good platformer, not create one.

Let me know

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hell yes it is!

If you check my initial impressions, this is a good metroidvania game. Multiple characters with distinct platforming abilities, tons of upgrades for each one, huge maps, good exploration, customizable controls.

Plus, you dont have to create any... You can keep playing other people's creations instead to give you more bang for the buck!

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    sold!!

6. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Smh... And people wonder why... I can't even... Words can't describe it, I have no faith in humanity remaining

7. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Ok thanks mate :D

8. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Ok sorry :( I will buy it when I get time guys! ;D I suppose it was a little rude of me!
    P.s what does metroidvania mean

9. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
  10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Metroidvanis is a term used for games which have the same gameplay elements like Metroid and Castlevania.

Basically it's a platforming title which includes one huge map which requires a huge bit of exploration. You have to find keys or skills that'll give you access to previously inaccessible parts of the map, til you can get to end goal, like a boss fight, or maybe getting the last piece of a story-driving item set.

EDIT: oops didnt see O's post above. LOL

11. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Ok thanks guys #

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Gameplay video please.

13. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Love Adventure Time, finaly a platform metroid style one, will try this one later! Bought!

14. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    1,2 gb game, hope it will be worth!

15. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I didn't notice either. I was too busy insta-buying. So I was forced to upgrade, Ive been putting it off for months. But so far, no problems.

16. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Just noticed this myself when I checked how much space was left on my phone and suddenly went "eh? wheres my space gone" and saw this was 1.2 gig when installed. (Wrestling revolution is only 46mb!) Guess it won't be staying on my phone for long. Which is a shame because it's looking cool from the first half an hour or so I've played.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah the game is huge. I bet the size will even go bigger when you start creating maps.

Nonetheless, this game is awesome.

Ive maxed out Jake and Finn's upgrades and a couple more upgrades to max out the Ice King. I guess that's a bit of a spoiler right there, but i wont mention how he's different from the first 2 playable characters. ;)

The first boss was a bit on the easy side, but it was a worthy addition to the game, albeit expected since it's a metroidvania after all. One that is well made.

If there was a flaw to this game, it's that sometimes the framerate hiccups. Maybe some custom levels may even crash the game out, but we'll see. That, or it's coz i havent hard booted my ipad air for weeks now, but i dont have time for that now, maybe later. Im just sneaking a few jumps and exploring while at work. ;)

I still havent touched on the level editor side of things, but im already leaning towards giving this a 4.5-5 just coz of the very occasional framerate hiccups.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    How does the appstore say like 245 MB, but the download is actually 1.2 GB? I would have finished something's before I downloaded this had I known, great game though.

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It must be 1.2 GB for the install size I guess

20. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Found this gameplay on YouTube: http://youtu.be/jtjoOgIY-bQ

Looks really cool. Guess I'll have to get it at some point. Maybe this weekend I'll find some time.
    Is there no music in this game or is it just the video? Also, do I need special paper for drawing levels?