iPad Adventure Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Seargent, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Seargent

Seargent Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I just wanted to ask, if there are any good adventure games for the iphone (besides episode 1112) or if there will be any releases (such as syberia or the stuff that is available for the pocketpcs and windows smartphones) in the near future.

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Adventure games? Platformers, FPS, what types?

3. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    #3 Maythius, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    quite simply no; you are going to have to wait for myst and syberia to come out:(

4. we need monkey island

space/police/king's quests

the indiana jones adventure games from the 90s

yeah

5. Seargent

Seargent Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I can play the old adventure games with Scumm, but you are right - there are so many and nothing happens in that section on the iphone and I don't know why.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Lego Indiana Jones is coming out if that's any consolation...

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    And it best not be a stupid collection of daft minigames like the Lego Batman farce.

8. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I think the two following titles ported from original PC versions are something to look forward to for us, adventure genre junkies!

Return to Mysterious Island: Feb 2009
    Return to Mysterious Island follows Mina, a strong young woman alone on a round-the-world sailing expedition. Caught in a tremendous storm, she becomes stranded on the shores of a wild and apparently uninhabited island. As she explores her new surroundings, she uncovers artifacts, living spaces and technologies left behind by the people who came before her to this uncharted island. Creating a new life, she soon becomes aware of a figure in the shadows who, seemingly aware of her troubles, offers her assistance. She eventually identifies this figure as the unsettled ghost of Captain Nemo, whose body is located in the Nautilus deep below the island shore. Take on the role of Mina and solve a variety of clever puzzles and use the various technologies found on the Nautilus to return to civilization or remain cast away on the island forever.

Syberia: April 2009

A journey beyond compare... For the young Kate Walker, an ambitious lawyer, the Voralberg toy company acquisition seemed like a textbook case -- a quick stopover to a small alpine village in France to buy-out an old automaton factory, then straight back home to New York. Her journey across land and time throws all she values into question, while the deal she set out to sign turns into a pact with destiny... Published by The Adventure Company, Syberia is a 3D adventure game in the classic style. In order to learn the entire plot and progress, players interact with many different characters and discover objects and clues that will help them through your journey.

-------
    http://www.tetraedge.com/
    http://www.ign.com

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Adventure games are a totally separate genre from platformers and FPS, which, btw, are two subgenres of action games, so I don't understand this question of yours.

TC, these are the adventure games that I know of so far on the iTouch/Phone platform:

1112 (which you've already mentioned, is a graphical point and click adventure)

But there's also:

CSI: Miami (another point and click adventure)

Frotz (free app with a collection of text adventures)

Advent (free port of the classic text adventure classic also known as Colossal Cave Adventure)

Jake Hunter: Seaside City Conspiracy (Japanese graphical adventure)

Soul Trapper Ep. 1: Ollie Ollie Oxen Free (audio adventure)

Alternate Endings (interactive movie/FMV adventure)

Gift (JP visual novel adventure)

10. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    But neither of those Lego games are adventure games. They're, at best, action/adventure games, which is a wholly separate genre.

11. case

case Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interaction Designer
    Michigan
    there is a great port of the scummvm emulator for iphone. Ive played through many lucas arts classes flawlessly on my device.

12. Kinl

Kinl Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    dev
    Dreamfall?

13. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

Lost Cavern is supposed to be out Q1 '09 (so, quite soon I guess).

--Eric

14. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    It's possible that February could see Lost Cavern, 1112 Episode 2, Myst, and Return to Mystery Island all come out. After Syberia in March, we may not have much in Adventure games to look forward to for a while.