Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Yikes, not good :-(
    We are looking at it.

This happened after the update? (there was no unusual behavior before you updated the game)?

When you say a penguin was lost, does that mean the team grid no longer shows 10? Like there is an empty spot?

Apologies for this!

2. codename_w

codename_w Member

Feb 10, 2014
    I encountered a similar bug before the update. Got the T-Rex head, equipped it and when I came back a few hours later the item was gone from my inventory. Weird.

Its really sad to hear the game is doing just ok, I want more penguin adventures :( should I suggest spicing up the game app icon ? fails to communicate the games fun spirit.

Oh, And I want those headphones, everybody got them except me :confused:

3. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Does it look like the T-Rex head is greyed out even though it's not on a penguin? If so, we have a fix for that in the next update.

Or is it just gone and has become a question mark?

The pink headphones are a common hat item (Rocker Headphones). If you keep buying the hat package they should show up eventually (you will get 1 of everything if you spend a certain number of coins, guaranteed).

We would like to see more penguin adventures as well! Thanks for the feedback on the icon, it's always so hard to pick one that will stand out and also convey the essence of penguin exploration and platforming :)

4. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    OK that will go on the list for the "big" update wishlist :)

5. codename_w

codename_w Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Question mark. It was a rare close to the medieval helm. The penguin wearing it went back to his previous outfit, looks like the save failed right there and loaded a previous one.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, post update. And no, not an empty slot, but it's like two penguins were cloned and replaced two other penguins. Now the clothes that those penguins were wearing are greyed out so I can't use them.

7. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Okay, thanks for the info. Unfortunately it's not likely that T-Rex hat is coming back :(

This does appear to be an issue with the game save. I'm not an engineer, so I wouldn't want to give you any incorrect details.

Good news for your game, though. It's probable that those clothing items will be restored, but you'll have to redress and rename them.

This is a total bummer as this update was intended to fix issues like these for a few users, but has caused unexpected issues with people with previously working installs.

It is being worked on, thanks for your patience :)

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Great to hear it's being worked on! Until then, I'll just have to try and get the bird head again. =oP

Thanks again for the great support!! You guys totally rock. =oD

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Oh, cant wait. :)

10. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Quick update, we've submitted a new build to Apple that fixes save-related issues from the initial release and the first update (1.1).

If you have had penguins get 'cleared' and have clothing items that appear to be equipped but are not, this should return those items (you'll have to rename and re-equip your penguins, though).

Thanks everyone for the detailed bug reports!

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woohoo!!! Thank you so much for the quick bug fixing! Can't wait to play with the bird head again, it's the only thing I haven't been able to get another one of. =oP

12. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Really like the new icon! Much better than the old one!

13. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    :) I was just going to post that the update was live!

Please let us know if the update fixed any missing items (or if anything has broken :eek: )

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woohoo!! Yeah, the new icon rocks. And I've got all my costume items back!! Thank you guys so so much! =oD

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 on the new icon!

The old penguin emblem was ok, but the new one seems to fit a lot better. :)

16. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Hooray! This is great news! :D

Thanks for the feedback on the icon. We'd thought that the Power Beak icon was flashy, but it turns out that it doesn't really tell you much about the game.

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Any Game Center implementation coming or no?

18. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    We'd really like to and it's on our to-do list, although we've just started a new project so it might be a while...

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm.. I guess I'm the only one that liked the old icon more? It looked unique and made it look like a super cool coin or emblem. Not to take anything away from the new one but it looks like an icon for many of the other kids games on the app store.

20. codename_w

codename_w Member

Feb 10, 2014
    The icon stuff is quite is tricky, specially for a plattformer. I like the penguin jumping out, breaking the icon !, but its a little too heavy on brown and orange. all this nagging about it may come as annoying but its just concern about how the game could be more popular, I mean, they nailed everything, this is donkey Kong country precision/difficulty/fun they achieved here, music on repeat all the time and its so cool you dont get sick of it, and on top of that you can put fun clothes on the penguins for gods sake !, for free with no paywalls.

Maybe console gamers would appreciate more ?, maybe it needs more social integration ?, scoreboards records ala flappy bird ?. Its difficult to understand whats going with mobile gaming, so many mediocre games tossed around that the good ones get lost on the pile. All I know is that I'm enjoying it, sharing my penguins with everybody( penguin shepard FTW ), dying a lot trying to get all the stars and really looking forward to the game to expand and pay off for the people behind it.