Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    It's going OK, honestly could be better but it's still a bit early to tell for sure. Download numbers and reviews have been good though! The bugfix update that we're working on currently also includes some tweaks to the ads (and fixes it so they don't pop up during gameplay) and some other IAP tweaks to see if we can boost our sales. Of course the update won't mess up anything you've purchased or fry your penguins or anything :) We really appreciate those of you who supported the game on principle!

We definitely want to do a big content update! It's hard to say if/when at this point, but it's at the top of our list.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Maybe you should charge for content updates? Like new episodes/areas for 99 cents?

Or maybe a premium shopping store where there are certain special items that can be bought with money (but you get to pick and choose)?

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Haha I found one, but I wish I had more penguins to dress them. I kind of really like my little stone penguin with a mustache, I want to him to reach the end every time :D

I want 10 Frost skins to make another team, Team Frostys with 10 variations of the skin, a bunch of clones of the original gone bad: one depressed, one dumb, one crazy, one angry, one happy, ... but I will have to wait until I get them... sometimes I wish for a method for buying selected items... items I want to buy.

My Game of the Week without doubt :)

4. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Hey guys!

Feature is over but now we are in the "Fun Runners" category which is awesome!

We want to thank everyone involved in the beta test for the great feedback!
    Ramaz1234
    Dazzlemi
    PeteOzzy
    Lowlifemalakye
    Wing_Optimus (great bugs, thanks!)
    SonixManix
    TheFrost
    LegACy99 (great feedback)
    Aaron G.
    Snozberry
    djstout
    Zeillusion
    awp69

Thanks to everyone who bought IAP to support us on principle!

Also want to thank TheFrost for the evangelism and Matt33 for finding bugs :)

And last but not least Jared and Touch Arcade for meeting up with our guys (Nick and Marc) at GDC to check out the game.

Bugfix update coming soon! (this will help with the crashes and for those having save issues)

Thanks again everyone!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Congrats on making it on the fun runners category!

Cheers for making a fantastic game!

6. codename_w

codename_w Member

Feb 10, 2014
    no TA review ? Just bought the extra penguins, this game rocks so hard. Anybody knows if you get something extra by taking all stars ? some secret level would be nice !

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #147 TheFrost, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    @PengFictionJules Hope you make a ton of money and bring us another gem like Adventure Beaks. Best non-endless runner there is along with Polara, third place for Bit.Trip Run.

Hmmm, not in Spain, wondering what else is there...

TA could either publish it the next day, take months, wait for an update or never review it. But I think Jared enjoys it so...

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As promised

Attached Files:

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Nice update :) Got 3 stars on every level now. The fix for Cheep Cheep Islands was pretty cool. Also finally bought stuff as a thanks for making this incredible game. I really appreciate the effort that went into creating those levels.

10. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Cool! So many skins I dont have... :eek:

I love the Nydas skin, like a white tiger. I want that.

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    What the he11 is wrong with everyone!? This is completely absolutely ridiculously insane. Why is this game not in the charts!? The free charts are almost completely full of crap apps and games. I was expecting this game to be in the top 20 for at least a couple of months. The average ios user must be brain dead. This is an injustice, one of the sickest things I have witnessed in my life. I'm calling the police because a serious crime has been commited. I don't know what else to say. :(

12. etoiles

etoiles Well-Known Member

Thanks, we appreciate the support and kind (funny) words! These last two weeks have definitely been a roller coaster with many highs and lows... we seem to have reached the bottom right now, but I am hopeful it will go back up. If not, we'll just get a ticket for another ride :)

In the meantime enjoy the game, share your penguins with your friends and let us know what we can do to make the next game even better.

Cheers!
    Marc | GameResort

13. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    My colony:
    [​IMG]

14. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Aweosome set!
    I like Bonzai, he seems like a cool fellow.
    LOL I like Zeke's dedication to oral hygiene :)

15. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Thanks, we appreciate the support :)
    And thank you again for helping make it better!

16. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    "APPY" and "Freemium" haha nice!
    RED1 has a good look.

17. TigerBaby

TigerBaby New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Thanks! Do you have any thoughts on the difficulty? I wasn't sure if it's too hard.

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Curse you level 24!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: ... :D

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #159 syntheticvoid, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Has anyone else had any issues with certain penguins getting cloned and taking over another pink one making it so that you cannot cues whatever that other penguin was wearing?

I've got a bird hat that is my favorite one and my rabbit ears penguin guy got cloned so I had two of them even though I had only one red rabbit helmet, now I have 2. I've tried de-clothing every penguin and I am still missing everything my now disappeared penguin was wearing.

In my dressing screen, I can see the bird helmet but it doesn't say I have any to use.

I hope some of this made sense, cause it seems like a pretty crappy bug to come across...

Actually going through it again I have now lost two penguins, one of which I bought yesterday ( the zoro lookin outfit...) - shows that I've found the clothing, but it says I don't have any to use even though all my penguins are nekid

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Can we get more penguins? I have so many ideas to make outfits but I need more of them. Never knew dressing up penguins would be so much fun.

Appy (nice thing hes wearing xD) and Freemium (the skin is awesome) are cool, like them :)