Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I've gotten all the treasure chests! I haven't bought any clothes thus far, but now I'm ready. Is the Clothing Packs menu, with the 3 options to pick from, the only place to buy clothes with coins? Just want to make sure before I go on a 100k shopping spree :)

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Amazing game just perfect. I think the screenshots do not show how good this is. Do not know why but i prefer swipe controls. I really hope the devs add more levels in the future. Bought the clothing pack and will buy the extra two penguin slots to support the devs. Really well done devs.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I believe that's the only place to spend coins so go for it. Wait, so you played the whole game with naked penguins????

I got the extra penguin last night, I have all artifacts from 1-20 except 16 (cursed place). 13, 16, and 19 have been the hardest for me so far. Getting closer to the jungle, can't wait.

4. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    :eek: WOW!

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I kind of like the look of them with just colors on, so I used the best color skins that I'd either unlocked in chests/challenges or from the bonus wheel. Maybe that will change after I buy a bunch of stuff, which I'm off to do right now!

Also 3-starred every level except for Jungle 1, 14, 15 and 17, which I hope to change after the update :) I guess I really like this game!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont think you like this game at all. o_O

7. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    That's impressive! About how many hours do you figure it took to get to that point?

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Alright, here's my first attempt at playing dress up:
    [​IMG]

Oh man, I'd only be speculating. Maybe around 15? There's a surprising amount of game play time you guys managed to pack into 50 levels. I got through each challenge level pretty quickly.

9. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Love the costumes, the muscle skin with the serial killer mask / apron is creepy! Orange jumpsuit and gas mask is Breaking Bad or maybe GTA V-ish?
    LOL been reading some leaked scripts lately?
    (Yes I cheated with Google)
    15 hours is faster than anyone here has done that! mad skillz!!! :)

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Thanks, yeah Chris Mannix is a little Br Ba, but that particular gas mask reminded me more of True Detective. I wanted to use both the mask and jumpsuit at some point and thought they worked well together. Then the Bateman axe rounded out his cool/dangerous/mysterious (prison escapee with a gas mask and axe?) appearance.

I thought that title sounded so cool since it was announced, and it fit perfectly with the number of penguins. Wanted to get the character names to match, so I managed to find them without spoiling anything about the script. Wouldn't do that to my man Quentin! (still hope he makes the movie at some point)

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    @PengFiction: This game is super awesome! Is it possible to know if you're making money on this, or are you cutting even? I hope it's doing well because it's probably the best iOS runner/platform (I don't know what to call it) games I've ever played.

I'm really hoping for new levels and new items to continue on. The items are my favorite part.. I love collecting!

12. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Underwear + Gas mask? LOL we can update it with some deer antlers :)

Did you spend all your coins? Are you about 75% filled up with clothing items?

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm late to the party, only just dloaded this, I've been missing out.

Are all the costumes unlockables through gameplay or are some only gained via iap?

When buying clothes is it possible to choose a specific thing or does it have to be random?

I'm going to be making a purchase, probably the extra penguins, and maybe a costume, but just wanted to check about how to get them all, I had a quick skim thought the pages and couldn't see anything but apologies if I've missed.

14. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Generally it's all random. Sometimes a specific item will appear in the shop that you can buy with coins. The only IAP costume wise is the costume showcase that's randomly generated on the side that has a 24 hour countdown I believe. That set costs 99 cents. However even that is random. Coins come by at a decent rate and it's basically like a vending machine, hopefully you'll get a Rare item or something you like :)

I do like the way they do this so there still is a true collection element to this game.

15. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Yes!
    Yeah I spent it all, and the 100k got me further than I expected. After that and about 20 trips to a level that I can get 500+ coins on, I'm only missing: 6 hats, 2 shirts, and 2 accessories. Just added the viking hat to Daisy's outfit lol.

Given how little I have left to collect, it seems as though the iap is strictly a shortcut to buy a set that you like, and that you can eventually unlock all clothing without iap.

16. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #136 TheFrost, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    My updated Team Frost

[​IMG]

17. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    This really has been the biggest suprise. At first I was gonna suggest a doubler wheni saw the amount of collect ambles in the game , however on playing more I know a doubler would ruin the game as the amount of coins you earn are enough to buy stuff at a steady, regular pace, I'm able to buy a peice after two runs at most, then you can win them on the bonus wheel, in chests and by completing special challenges. I was initially concerned that the premium items could only be purchased via iap now I know that's the case it makes this game even more brilliant. I like how you can have multiples of the same item so you can dress more than one penguin in the same costumes. Because each replay has a purpose, either getting all the artifacts or achieving missions it never feels grindy.

I have been playing for hours, about four total and didn't see one single ad, I've bought the extra penguins now because I actually felt like a thief playing this for free, I really really hope this game does well for you, it's a true gem among the free to play shit pile on the AppStore today.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hehehe... not sure if you have it yet, but you may like the "frozen" skin. :)

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow well this is a surprise, I skipped this one the other day thinking it was just another free2play style game, but seeing it on the first page of the forums a few times thought I'd just download it today and I am surprised, this is an awesome game and seems really strange to get this quality for free.
    Glad I finally downloaded it. Great stuff.

20. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    I can only assume it hasn't appeared yet? I thought you'd have a whole team of Frosts! :)