Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Because it's a free game.

If you buy any IAP the ads disappear.

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Level 13 is tricky.

3. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    #103 PengFictionJules, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    If that's happening during gameplay then that's a bug. We'll look at it!
    How often does that happen?
    EDIT: this is a full screen ad that pauses the game?

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The full screen ads appeared during game-play several times for me. It's a full screen advert that pauses the game. This often results in accidentally tapping and then having to close the app that opens, to return to the game. I thought that was an intentional feature to encourage players to buy IAP.

5. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Yep, I had one too but I was planning on purchasing something so I did. Not seen it since and IAP start at a buck.

6. dragon66_61

dragon66_61 Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I agree, this has happened to me a few times also. Very annoying.

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    And this game deserves some IAP purchases. I'm watching the "Outfit of the Day", waiting for something I like, to buy.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I got yesterday's shark costume.

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #109 coolpepper43, Mar 23, 2014
    I played for at least 15 minutes and not one advertisement. This game is so gosh dang adorable. It's great!

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Do you mind not swearing on these boards, please.

11. jaggi

jaggi Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Lovely game, although I do hate these 'Collect less than xx coins' missions with a passion :) One of the missions in level 14 is to complete the level without any coins. Can't see how that's even possible. Collecting coins to buy outfits is the most attractive feature in this game and these missions just slow down your progress and, quite frankly, are a bit of a cheap way to extend the game's duration. Especially since they seem to appear so often. Just my two cents. I think I'm going to skip level 14 for now. The missing star icon on the level select screen will hurt, though :)

The ingame ad appeared a few times too. Ofcourse I unexpectedly tapped the ad and quit the app, which was annoying. But I bought the two extra penguins and haven't seen an ad since.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Oops, I'm sorry. I forgot some people consider that swearing. I have a dirty mouth.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #113 syntheticvoid, Mar 23, 2014
    I dunno what it is about Stage 20, but the whole thing is just throwin me off... =oP

Ahhh!!! That part where
    the platform swings down and over to the other side, but that also smacks you if you try to dive down to the artifact... hehe...
    - that was mean... =oP

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That makes 2 of us. I actually skipped 8 coz it's taking more time than i should to get that star.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha... the one I had the most trouble with was the first collect no coins one. After that - there's a 'collect exactly 69 coins' one that I managed to get on my first try...

Anyway... totally possible - avoid all enemies - slide instead of run through arcs of coins so that you only get the bottom 2 - jump over all smaller arcs instead of sliding under them, ect...

**but I do agree that it does feel kind of counter productive - playing a stage over and over again trying to avoid coins, maybe getting 1-5 coins per run the whole time you're trying to beat it... =o/

16. jaggi

jaggi Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Yeah, I finally managed to get the first 'Collect 0 coins' star after too many attempts. Difficult and annoying but certainly possible. And I needed a key from a later level to open up a crucial pathway. The 69 coins mission that followed was easy in comparison.

17. craighinrichs

craighinrichs Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I am enjoying this one so far. The tutorial isn't too hand holding but gets close.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #118 L.Lawliet, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

Alright here's my team so far. Quite proud of it! Can't wait to unlock new stuff.

I wish there was more "Asian" themed outfits. So far the Samurai Banner was the only thing I found. I just had to give him a mask and the one I found matched his outfit pretty well making "Anti-Air" my favorite :)

My other favorites are the Mass Effect set (I do wish the blade was a hologram :( ) which is a Rare set and then my favorite skin is definitely the Sack skin which looks amazing! That was a clever one by the devs.

19. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Thanks for posting the team! I like X-Spud :)

We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration for future clothing items. Otherwise we love doing pop culture references!

20. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Was there anything in the tutorial that was too obvious? Just curious so we can be more streamlined in the future.