Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    **** just got real in the Jungle section lol. I'd been using swipe controls for all of the first world, but tap controls is working out much better for me now, when quick successive movements are needed to be performed in the Jungle. Really enjoying the more difficult and complex level design. But...

Are we really supposed to stomp 13 enemies (mission) on the first level of the Jungle? The most I can do is 12. You can't get the 1st frog because of its jump timing in the line of 5 frogs after the first checkpoint. Same with the 1st frog during the rolling boulder obstacle. You can't get the 2nd turtle because it's moving under the spikes as you pass it. And you're confined to take only 1 path during the last section, the bottom being better for amount of enemies you can stomp. So where are we supposed to get that 13th stomp?

2. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I saw a screenshot earlier and thought this was another Mario-style platformer, so I didn't bother downloading it. But, I was wrong! Cyg recommended this game... and he was right, it's great. Nice work devs.

Will buy an IAP to support this.

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    The costumes get really addictive, trust me! Glad you liked it, you know I'm a sucker for platformers and this has a nice Rayman vibe to it. The penguins are hella cute, I find myself wanting to buy the two extra just to dress them. Just collected my ninth artifact. I've not been this tempted to throw my phone against the wall in a long time..... thank you devs! :D

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy cow this game is amazing. The level of polish is insane and the visuals are absolutely stunning! Great controls as well

5. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    lol! May we use that quote in the app description?

I just tried it and also couldn't get it. I think you may have found a bug, which is especially embarrassing since it's MY bug. I'll look at it in more detail and fix it for the next update. Sincere apologies for this :(

6. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Very glad you guys like it! We know you play a LOT of games so that is much appreciated :)

7. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Whomever is responsible for level 13 is an evil evil person. I'm going to have nightmares about bridges now.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I can't even make it through the tutorial. Stuck on the part where you need to swipe up to jump and then swipe down to dive. I've tried it 10-15 times and every time I swipe down it is registering like I'm swipin up. So instead of jumpin and then diving its like I'm jumping and then trying to do a flip or something (maybe a double jump).

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Have you tried the tap controls?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Are you liftin your finger up in between the swipe up and swipe down?

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is literally the only game ever where I've actually cared and enjoyed dressing up my characters haha. Well, this and Club Penguin like 10 years ago

12. someguyordude

someguyordude Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Programmer
    Claremont
    Controls Issue

If you already switched the controls to tap in the menu, you would tap the right side of the screen to jump and the left side of the screen to dive. Maybe this is what the issue is?

13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Haha! I figured out what I was doing wrong. I read in here that some were preferring the tap control, so I switched it to tap before I tried the tutorial. The directions in the tutorial are for swiping. So I was swiping but had already set it to tap. Smooth sailing now. Did the first couple of levels and it seems pretty fun.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh man i cant have enough of this game. Addictive as crack.

One of the best auto-running platformers that features a ton of aesthetic customizations and probably the best exploration-based layout for any auto-runner.

Took me a while as i had to see and get deeper into the game to make a decision, and this now belongs to my 2014 GotY.

The game has fantastic charm, great controls, high-end level designs, fun mechanics, nice soundtrack (and im humming the level-complete sound effect everytime i complete a level), tons of stages, addictive costume customization feature, and it has the cutest sliding animation ever in gaming history.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I have to completely agree...

I've only completed through stage 19, but I'm so hooked, and it's already secured its spot on my 2014 GOTY list.

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Haha, of course!

That's okay, I'm just happy it wasn't me missing something. Thanks for checking it out.

17. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    I may change my mind after I hit the jungle and it hits the fan but currently i'm fine with the swiping. Sometimes in the underwater parts it feels a little too sensitive but I've personally never cared for the left side/right side of the screen controls.

Finished artifact 14, five more for another pennie! :D

18. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Can you explain to me why the ads is popping up while I'm playing I have to resume and wait like 3sec...

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I haven't seen one ad... =o/

20. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Best runner, platformer game I've played on iOS, period. I never thought this game would be so good and so damn addicting. Awesome job devs!