Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #41 TheFrost, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Update: I am playing it again, I am a pro now :D (I forgot about the skins and names and stuff like that but guess what? I already have a lot of items now again, this game feels so premium), reached level 8 with all cubes collected right now and now I collected a power up and a revive token on the boxes, and can see the powerups before the level starts, and also see ads, can I disable them with an in app purchase?

Seems like the beta was causing trouble. Sorry for any confusion. :eek::eek::eek:

2. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Phew! Glad that sorted itself out, we were really scratching our heads about why they weren't showing up!

Purchasing ANY IAP will disable ads permanently.

3. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I am relieved too! But I am a lot better now at the game now. So any IAP, I think I will go with the permanent one... more penguins for Team Frost! :D

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

How much does the permanent IAP cost?

5. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    4.49 euros... so I guess that is 5 dollars?

6. codename_w

codename_w Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Game Impressions

Fantastic Game. The gameplay is superb, nice map designs and absolute control precision, dressing the penguin is so fun ( love the penguin faces ). I'm confused about the IAPs in this one, dont feel like buying coins ( lots of them ) and dont feel like buying more penguins ( not dying that much yet ). I want to support the devs for this fantastic game but Im not sure where to spend some money yet.... seems like ... this game should not be free ?

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Game is still great probably an hour or so play time already. I'm really liking it so taking it slow.

If any updates, in the future of course, I'd love more items. There's a lot right now but I feel like 50% of the charm in this game is collecting items. Maybe one day you could say there are hundreds of items to collect!

Well I'll probably buy a couple more penguins to support this game. Seems too good to be free..

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    If there's too many levels to do a "most coins collected" leaderboard per level, you could always just have the sum per world.

Would someone care to tell me what I just got in a treasure chest? I was tapping past them all when I saw a medallion with an eye on it, but skipped what it was. Damn my impatience ;)

9. Bronxsta

This game is fantastic. I'm only a few levels in but I think it may have surpassed Polara as my favorite level-based autorunner/platformer. The controls are smooth and super responsive, the visuals are charming, the levels are large and branching and require precise timing and platforming to succeed.

I think this might the first time I say this, but I'm happy that Adventure Besks is free, so more people can play this gem. In terms of freemium elements, going to echo the others here and say it's extremely generous, never feels like a grind.

10. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    #50 Breinstein, Mar 20, 2014
    Are you sure about the 25 leaderboard total limit? I thought that that restriction was removed since iOS 7 ? Luminetic land for instance has a total of 100 leaderboards.

Edit: found it in the iOS dev center. In the iTunes connect/ Game Center guide it says: Leaderboard sets organize a game’s leaderboards such that the 100 leaderboard limit per game is expanded to allow 500 leaderboard organized in as many as 100 leaderboard sets.

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah it can match Polara, both for the difficulty, collectibles and the level design. Is that good. Having a ton of fun, I think too that this one is the best release this week. Bought the extra penguins. And its free so there is no reason at all to skip it, unless you hate fun :D

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #52 syntheticvoid, Mar 20, 2014
    I'm having a hard time moving on without 100%ing each stage, so I'm only on Stage 8... but OMG, I'm hooked!

The level design just keeps getting better and better - I can't wait to see what you guys came up with for the Jungle stages! And outfitting my penguins is great (aside from Mikey Shorts/Hooks, I've never really cared for outfit customization in a game, but here...!)... actually... I think I'll post a pic! =oO

Here's my team, and my fav guy, George...

Hmm... I need to rename my guys!

**edit** upped my re-named Team...

Attached Files:

13. Bronxsta

#53 Bronxsta, Mar 20, 2014
    This is definitely going to be my GOTW

Have to go back and 100% each level. I'm trying to get the 200 coins on Level 2; I think the strategy is sacrificing penguins to take different paths and collect more coins? Or can it be done without dying?

Also wish more than one mission could be done at once

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I've had to kill off a couple penguins in those XX coin objectives (there's usually around 2 areas of each stage that have different coin paths, these are where I intentionally off one of my guys, otherwise it's just not worth it) - also, jumping on enemies gets you 10 coins - so stomp those little buggers! =oP

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I go with this team:

Attached Files:

16. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yoni and Ines skins are badass! =oD

Hope I can find those soon. =oP

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I love them too, and so the wooden and the rock skins. I decided to go for penguin skins first, I am only buying them. When I have them all then I will gamble a bit more with the rest :D

Also my Game of the Week... But Roll Back Home deserves a honor mention.

Edit: Damn I want your Hernando skin :O

18. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Most coins total is a good one (minus IAP coins of course).

That was a Continue. They show up on the bonus wheel or you can IAP them. Best used to bail you out when you have that one missing artifact piece and you're on the last section and run out of penguins lol :)

19. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Those are crazy! :)
    Ines is cool!
    Juanma and Marta have style

LOL Capt. Bova, the football playing pirate!

Thanks for posting your teams!

20. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    There is a PERFECT skin for you, and it's common so you'll run into it soon.