Universal Adventure Beaks (By GameResort LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 19, 2014.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I am so loving this game. Is there any way to remove the ads in this? IAP perhaps? I wouldn't mind dropping some bucks on this lovely gem.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I believe any IAP purchase will remove the ads. I have bought the extra penguin slots IAP and never had any ads anymore.

And yes, this is one of the best games on the appstore.

3. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I bought some coins to remove the ads. Worked like a charm. I did not buy extra slots because I felt 10 lives to get through a level would be cheating. But goodness the levels are so hard now!!! But I am not going to buy more slots. Don't want to make it easy. :)

I will buy some coins or costumes though, to support the dev. This is truly a marvelous game. I like it better than Rayman 1st on iOS... which was a little random and glitchy at times. I don't know how well the 2nd Rayman fares. I love the exploration elements of this game.

4. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    How and why is this game so underrated?

Even enter toucharcade's recent coverage of the game and their excellent review I'm still not seeing much discussion about the game. I've only become aware of it in the last week because of Toucharcade and it has to be one of the most polished, satisfying games I've played on ios for a long time. Perhaps people are put off by the 'cute penguin' vibe, or maybe the fact that it's and endless runner - but this game is seriously underrated.

I've been spending money on the IAP not because you have to in the game, but because I WANT to. I want to support the developer for making such a superb game, and it's incredibly addictive collecting all e costumes.

So please, please give this game a go - it's free, fantastic and an excellent example of how IAP can work.

5. yesfantina

yesfantina Member

Jun 20, 2012
    How do you get more than the original 5 penguins? I see people talking about having 7 or 8 but the only option I see is to buy another whole set of 5. Am I missing something?

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    You need to collect the artefact pieces in the levels, once you get so many they unlock. I think the Iap only adds two penguins.
    Not played in a little whole though so it may have changed.

7. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It's an excellent example of obtrusive ads. I don't have them anymore, because I thought the game was worth putting money into, but I'm a lot more forgiving of ads and freemium stuff than most people here. That said, I've seen games with much less disruptive ads be flamed to hell and back by the community here. I think a lot of people have been and will be put off by the ads. They're slow to load, slow to go away, cut off the music and appear after every level completion.

I guess if the idea was to push people who like the game to make a purchase, it worked and it's ultimately better than the game feeling freemium, which it doesn't. The flipside is that people who would put up with an ad banner in the menu or something like that aren't necessarily going to give this a chance, but then, there probably wouldn't be a point in getting rid of the ads. So, I think you're either dealing with people who essentially bought this game, or people who didn't and don't play it free either. Probably works out well financially, but you can't expect this to have the buzz of most free games since it's annoying to play free.

8. PengFictionJules

PengFictionJules Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Yeah, the version that's currently on the store gives you 5, and then the remaining 5 are obtained via IAP. We changed that because we thought there wasn't enough value in buying just 2 penguins, and they really don't make a difference until the later levels.

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ahhh I see.
    You want me to delete my last post so I don't confuse folk?
    I never noticed that as I'd already gotten all the penguins before the update.

10. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Sure, if you think that would be more clear :)

Even if you update the game, it SHOULD keep the penguin unlocking system the same (it won't take away penguins).

11. yesfantina

yesfantina Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Oh, pooh. Ok. I would have supported by buying penguins instead of silly outfits had I known that. Love the outfits, but the penguins are going to be a must buy. :-(

12. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    So if I were to delete and reinstall the game, when I restor purchases would I get all five penguins or just the two fro. The original purchase?

I'm not planning on deleting ever, just curious.

13. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    All 5 should unlock (we did test this! :) )

14. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    You worked in the antlers with a Christmas theme, clever!

15. tiffanydisaster

tiffanydisaster New Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Please let us use coins for powerups and make the levels alittle easier. I'm on 22 and I have had to restart at least 20 times.

16. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Adventure Beaks made the 2014 iPhone Best Games list!

We are stoked over here and wanted to thank everyone from TA who tested the game, and everyone who enjoyed it and spread the word! This would not have happened without you!

17. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA
    Glad you noticed! There are 8 new clothing items in the update (Santa, Tree, Scrooge, Antlers). If you have everything, then they should appear immediately when you purchase a clothing pack.

We had to do an update to maintain compatibility with some plugins we are using, and we wanted to at least add something fun along with it.

18. PengFictionJules

Nov 22, 2013
    Designer at GameResort
    Claremont, CA