iPad Adventure Bar Story - (by RideonJapan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Dann

Dann Active Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I'll try asking again since I didn't get an answer yet.

Anyone got it to work with older devices like the 2nd gen Touch?

2. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    the reason you probably didnt get an answer the first time is because most people have devices above 2nd gen. just a guess .

3. rayvin400

rayvin400 Member

Oct 20, 2011
    #143 rayvin400, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    So it's based on a bar, and the gaining popularity of that bar. (forgive me, if that isnt the point, but I haven't played enough of it past this flaw) So if it's based on a bar, which people visit/eat and drink at, and I have to get this bar on par with the bigger name establishment, then why can't i see the popularity gain through animations of people visiting. I love games that pay attention to details; it's what makes them charming, and this just lost it with this lack of detail here.

4. Rofl_Mao

Rofl_Mao Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Looks like something I'm going to enjoy for hours. Will download it when I got the chance.

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #145 Xexist, Mar 9, 2012
    ^^ *Pretend this is in all bold and in caps**

Warning! Warning! Hold the phone people. Someone please alert Eli to update the main page of Toucharcade. There is NO restaurant eating animations. I repeat there are NO eating animations!

Please everyone, contact your local MP, MLA, Senator, Congressman, Premier, Prime Minister, Attourney General, and President and request, nay, DEMAND, that this game add eating animations, or else Apple should pull it from the app store.

What is this, the 1700's? Are we neanderthals? We are civilized human beings damnit! We need animations!

That is all.

6. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It's a bar. What do people do after they drink in the bar? I demand peeing animations, or it's just not real to me.

7. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I don't think there's a toilet area, you know. That just occurred to me... But it doesn't matter.

8. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Welcome to the flame!

I too would like to see more, but it is what it is.

I think the game has struck a good balance between the two genres it was going for, but it still feels meh to me. I think I've just been spoiled, though.

9. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    it needs that of course. hehe , that made lawlsauce.

10. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Played it for about an hour so far, just talking to everyone, cleared out the first dungeon on Day 1, did some cooking in the kitchen, and had to make heart-wrenching choices between eating my own food for EXP points or selling it for $$.

Wasted a bit of money buying equipment that I didn't need -- Wasn't clear that each character can only have slots for 2 defensive items; I was somehow expecting 1 footwear, 1 body clothing, 1 glove, 1 hat, similar to some other JRPGs -- nope, it's just 2 pieces, you have to choose which.

I might get bored later, but I'm interested in seeing the mechanics of the restaurant gaining fame. I made some food items and sold them at the restaurant, but I don't think I have a real need for the money just yet. There will probably be hard-to-find ingredients that I'll need to resort to buying later on.

11. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    You don't like Game Dev Story? Wow.

12. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    You should probably grab Recettear for PC at some point, then, if you haven't already; while the two games are quite similar in many ways, I have the feeling you'd like the way things are handled in Recettear more than the approach taken by ABS.

13. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    The only simulation games I really like are football (soccer) managers and The Sims. If you want to throw 4x strategy games into the mix, I really like those too. I did get slightly addicted to Lemonade and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Game Dev was meh/alright. I didn't hate it or anything. I just wouldn't recommend it to myself. :p

All in all, this was worth my dollar. But like I said, I can't honestly say I'm getting immersed or having tons'o'fun. As of right now, it's decent. My opinion may change. There's supposed to be upwards of 70 hours of gameplay, so there's plenty of time for me to click with it. I don't plan on deleting anytime soon since the file size is small.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely check it out.

14. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Ah, well said. I respect your opinion. This game isn't "the shit", and it definitely isn't the funnest game in the world. Not nearly as good as GDS IMO. But, it's solid!

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I respect yours too, and I can see why ppl may really be really liking this game.

I agree! For a dollar, this is an extremely solid game. But in the back of my head, I can still hear the words "only decent" being muttered.

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    *sniffles* Sounds like a Bromance is blooming.

On topic: Man I have so many other games I need to play. I have probably spent hundreds on games I have never even launched between my iphone and ipad..... sigh.

I need 48 hour days.

17. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    We've had a bromance for a couple of months already, don't worry.

The beginning doesn't really give you much guidance, geez. I feel lost right now... I hate how you can only enter the monster areas once a day...

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Lol!

Yeah, we've been "twitter official" for a while.

Yeah, I've just been walking around around doing random crap and pressing the action button.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I didn't really expect much from this one, but damnit, it's great! Definitely nice seeing new ideas in done to death genres... Seeing more of it lately. =oD

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #160 awp69, Mar 9, 2012
    Wow, we really do have similar tastes GoofyMaster. I also am probably one of the few who doesn't get into games like Game Dev Story and those various games of similiar ilk.

That said, I'm glad this isn't as "simulation" as games like that. I enjoyed it so far, but won't say it's among my top RPGs as of yet.

---

BTW, offtopic, but I say "enjoyed" because I'm really pissed at iTunes and my iPhone right now. It was doing the 5.1 update and died in the process. Now it won't even let me restore from backup...ugh...luckily I've only had my 3GS for 4 days so not much progress lost. Still, I had problems with my 2G and syncing via iTunes so I had hoped to start fresh. Now I don't know if I'll trust iTunes again.