Universal Adventure Age (by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    #61 duh_d_dum, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks for the info = ). I think the problem I really have with this method is just when I'm in areas with terrible reception I can't play.

2. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #62 pinOi32, Nov 8, 2014
    Farming the very 1st level just to see if the boss would drop is the only thing I've been doing in this game. So far, no luck, but my squad's been levelling up because of the exp.

Also, I'm glad to see that the server issues and gem problem will be fixed soon, but I hope the crashing issues will be addressed as well...

Btw, I find the crashing when going through any of the menus odd since the menus in this game are similar to the ones in 'Horde of Heroes', which has never crashed once whenever I would go through its menus.

3. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    How about making it offline? And online when needed... But maybe that's just in my dream..

4. romiem

romiem Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    #64 romiem, Nov 8, 2014
    Has anybody earned items such as armour in PvP but then couldn't find it in their inventory? I've had two amazing drops only to be disappointed that they were nowhere to be found :-/

EDIT: Never mind, it's just me being dumb. I didn't realise that the individual inventory items were horizontally scrollable.

5. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Awesome :)

the need to load everytime we change screens get somewhat in the way of the flow of things especially in bad reception

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The connectivity model is so awful. Gonna keep away from everplay games the next time.

7. pugbot

pugbot Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Okay, really stupid question

How do you use the skills once they're charged up? I've tried tapping, double tapping, dragging, matching reds, matching purples... and they just keep blinking. What am I missing!?

8. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Once charged up, to use a skill you just tap on the characters portrait, but it has to be their turn

I've been enjoying this, but got a lot of questions..
    - what's the difference between the icons next to each chat? Sword, shield, or sword/heart/shield? I assumed a sword was an attack skill, shield defence.. But I have two with a shield that have Berserker Strike

- what's the difference between the different colours next to each char? Green, red or blue?

- how do we choose what chars to take? It's impossible to tell how powerful they will become when levelled up, so can't compare to make a decision about which to have best in party..

- I've been going on size, ish, for which are best to have in the party, but presumably the "heroes" (named chars) are better to take along and will become more powerful?

- one of my chars evolved!! Goat -> Diregoat - absolutely no idea how this happened. Particular level? Fusing? Luck? Do all of the chars evolve, and if where is it possible to find out the criteria to make it happen?

- the Gates on the map always are always blue, and dominated by House Stoik "go to pup and fight to gain the control" - what or where is "pup"??

------------------

Plenty of bugs still unfortunately - missing gems completely, shop doesn't update (or sometimes randomly does just once then switches back to the empty shop for ages), only one person appearing in league etc.

Generally though, crashing issues appear to have been resolved when you have a half decent connection, so it's playable again ;-p

9. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I share your questions, as well. Especially on character icons/colors. I noticed the monster evolve, I think my hedgehog evolved into a razorback, but I saw it happened when he hit lvl 10. He's at 18 now, so I'll, let you know if he evolves again at 20. As far as party choice, I've been going off of stats and skill. Mainly beefier stats I take first, but I've kept the razorback for his group stun. When you select the 2nd char to fuse with the 1st, it shows the total XP they'll gain. Not much, but I hope that helps. That was my issue with the lash game- it was fun, sure, but they were way too cryptic in regard to instructions and mechanics.

10. shadowkhai

shadowkhai Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Also I'd suggest cutting the recharge time on energy at least in half. I'm up to pvp matches costing three hearts and that's an hour wait once I've run out.

I did notice the statistics page does track gems earned from battles but not the free ones from videos so I've stopped watching those.

The "pup" everyone keeps mentioning I'm sure is PVP in a hard to read font. The trouble is there's no way I can find any kind of standings of the houses. So who knows if your house is getting close or when the standings update or reset or any of that.

Despite all of the listed problems in this thread I do enjoy the game, so my hope is that these issues get resolved before mine and others interest wains.

11. Odach

Odach Member

Jul 15, 2014
    As others have pointed out, this game could be really fun, but hard to say because of the issues. I have some questions and suggestions:

1) at the end of a few missions it tells me that I obtained some named humanoid characters... Where are they? How do I add them to my squad? It seems I can only see and add the animals to my squad...is this a bug, our am I just not understanding the design?

2) crafting is really hard to manage. I have a crapload of ingredients, but it's hard as he'll to know what I can make with it because the recipes are 2-3 clicks away. The page that had the vegetable items should just show you how many of that item you can make with your current inventory of ingredients... Then clicking it should show you how much of reach ingredient you have, and what you are missing.

3) I'm also confused about the character abilities and the icons... No clue what the icons mean. Is there a way to figure out what the abilities are without having to equip the character and test him out in battle?

Hope all the issues and confusions can get sorted or quickly. Seems like it could be a great game, would hate to see the game fall flat on its face because of a bad initial release. If it takes several weeks though, there will be a dozen other new games already occupying our time.

12. romiem

romiem Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Regarding your first point, I wondered that too, until I realised those 'humanoid characters' were actually masks for your main character. You might need to scroll horizontally in the mask selection screen to see them though.

+1 for 2) and 3) though. The recipes part of the game is just too cumbersome so I don't even bother with it now.

13. shadowkhai

Apr 26, 2012
    On a more positive note I got a helmet and armor that gave a plus to capture and ran some solo missions (just unequiped my monsters and didn't select a friend) for xp for my main guy in the sewers and ended up capturing the Michelangelo looking turtle at the end of the 2nd level. Lvl 28 Sammy. Oh I did take some small health potions. I had to use a couple on some run throughs.

I was pretty pumped.

But yeah still looking forward to bug updates.

14. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    Ha! Didn't know you could catch bosses! How is he? What's his special?

15. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bosses don't have unique "special" skills afaik, I got master spliter(splinter) and he does attack reduction on enemy team.

What's interesting is that my main hero managed to level his bezerk skill twice within 3 levels.

Once at 15-16 and another at 18, increasing the number of targets struck when cast, REAL handy.

16. shadowkhai

Apr 26, 2012
    Agreed on both points. My TMNT got the heal all skill and my beserker hero skill jumped from one to two to four targets very quickly.

17. wolfegod

wolfegod Member

Nov 10, 2014
    3) The icons represent their Stat growth as the units level up.
    Sword for attk, Shield for defense, Heart for HP, all three for a balanced growth
    The colour represents their allegiance/loyalty. Units belonging to the same house/faction (the one you chose at the beginning of the game) as you would get bonuses.

18. wolfegod

wolfegod Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Game Impressions

I've played till Level 16 and am enjoying the game quite a bit. Lots of potential and bugs too.

Game Mechanics
    You bring a party into a strategic matching game, destroying blocks to attack, defend or increase your rage meter (which you can unleash when it's filled). Takes a few matches to work out an algorithm: a heavy hitter to get rid of the swords, the casters (the ones with the useful skills: healing, buffers/debuffers) to get rid of the bullseyes, versatile units to do the board cleanup.

Along the way, you may swap the members of your party, gotten from random drops from battles. I love the option between choosing monster and humanoid units but it doesn't seem to go beyond cosmetic. It would have added depth if monster units have increased stats or unique abilities whereas humanoid units have the options of equipping the excess weapons and armor in your inventory.

Each unit comes with a faction allegiance, which is denoted by the colour, and bringing in units from your house is supposed to grant them bonuses. Would have been good if we could see what exactly these bonuses are. Also, each unit comes with a symbol to represent its stat growth: swords for attack, shield for defense, heart for hp and mixed for balanced.

So I have yet to find a healer from my house with the heart or shield symbol but I have no lack of aggressive warriors (yes, even my healer is ironically so) from the peace-loving house of Faye. Thus, it would have been good if your choice of house impacted the disposition of your units as well.

The main character stays with you and though you may never swap him out, you may equip him with loot - weapons, armor, helmets, shield, amulets. I love the fact that you can even swap the head/portrait. I started with a white cat and switched to a human midway, tho this customisation option is useless the moment you put on a helmet. It would be fun if the heads come with stat or skill modifiers.

The equipment so far are random drops but there's the very occasional blimp merchant which stocks up on low level eq, pots and units. The variety is rather dismal but it could be a level cap. Perhaps when I breach the 20th or 25th level, the level appropriate stuff would appear in store. Nonetheless, the best thing the moustache has on his ship is the Lucky Chest, the games IAP Gashapon.

AI
    The AI is fairly capable and gangs up on dying/weak characters very swiftly. It also targets units with full rage meters (or that could just be bad luck) so it's pretty intense sometimes, especially when you have 5 or more units on the other side. The replacement blocks that fall down gets more varied in some stages so it won't be so easy to clear out huge chunks to deal more damage/get more defense/rake up more points on the meter. Also, tho very rarely, the AI uses skills which is VERY ANNOYING (in a good way).

I do believe that bosses needs to be buffed. Usually, I walk into the boss stage with all my meters filled and he's dead before the battle began :p

Gameplay

A little dry and too linear. Usually, it's Point A to B, and at the new location, you have to clear out a few stages before moving on. It's simply power mongering at the moment and it could turn up the volume on RPG a lot more - creating moral defining moments (should i save the kitty cat or turn it in for the 1 Lucky Box) with real consequences, multiple storyline endings - would truly turn this into a gem.

Bugs:

- not getting the gems from leveling up
    - not getting the exp from friends
    - the game freezes when you complete the daily quest

19. rpgmind

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks for the clarification!

20. patch732

patch732 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    U.S.
    Do you think this was due to you using the skill more often or from it getting better at a specific character level?