Universal Adventure Age (by Everplay)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 29, 2014.

1. J Cousteau

J Cousteau Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    #41 J Cousteau, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Bug report: many of these were mentioned, but I've found a couple of others

- Gems awarded to you during matches won never add to your total count, I've won at least ten but I'm still sitting at 0

- Game crashes if you stay in inventory too long. Anything more than 15 seconds is sure to crash it.

- if you manage to visit inventory without it crashing, then play a NONpvp game, and win, the game will crash and you will lose whatever items you won because the game doesn't save it, and you will still have the same amount of gems/energy as you did before you played.

- if game crashes while you play, then you relog in, it will show you have 0 energy even if you we're full. To fix this, close the game and reopen and you will have the correct amount.

-This could just be me being unable to find it, but the game says "this region is dominated by X-house, go to "Pup" and fight to gain control!" however, I can never find this "Pup" the game is talking about.

-Earlier the game allowed you to watch videos to earn gems by looking at advertisers, I earned 25, the game crashed, I lost all my gems, and the video option disappeared.

-Constant crashing after every battle, but never during a battle.

-At one point, every IAP has the exact price of 9.99$, but now I see the prices have changed, makes more sense now, but making sure that wasn't a glitch that made everything the same price

Not sure where else to report these, but I hope Everplay is aware. I'll update this post with any others I find.

2. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #42 pinOi32, Nov 7, 2014
    It is a good game, they just need to fix the problems that people are facing atm.

Anyways, Everplay, I think it was kinda too early to release this game to the public... But I hope you guys are working on an update to address all of the current problems.

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't even think it's particularly a good game sans the bugs. Average, at best. No follow through on the substance.

Don't waste your time, honestly.

4. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    As far as the game goes without the bugs, I think it's actually really fun. I'm only level ten so if you got farther in the beta etc. then I see where you're coming from, but as of now there's pretty decent strategy with hero powers, random loot drops, gaining/evolving/combining heroes, and pvp makes this (in my opinion) one of the best matching RPGs I've played. Not to mention the graphics and overall presentation, which is why it sucks so much that its buggy.

The tuning for gems and loot is actually pretty fair from what I've seen so far, I want to buy the coin doubler if the game gets patched, but we'll see.

Imo it's a lot more fun than P&D, though if this falls through ill just wait for *ahem* that "other" puzzley-gem-questy game.

5. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #45 pinOi32, Nov 7, 2014
    I'm looking at the game as a whole, not just the gameplay itself.

Sure, the gameplay is more based on luck than strategy (or maybe about half and half), but the fact that you can customize your character with so many different equipment and also recruit new chars while also capturing new monsters to add to your squad, all with varying skills is what adds to this game to make it even better. Also the fact that you are able to PvP, not just do the solo campaign adds to the fun since everyone will be using different kinds of units in their own squads. There is even an item crafting feature so you'll be able to make your own items as well.

Sure people will have different tastes, and I'm sticking to my opinion that it's a good game. To me, good=fun. I even find this game to be better than Brave Frontier (I never liked Brave Frontier, btw).

Now if only they will come up with an update to fix all of those bugs...

6. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #46 pinOi32, Nov 7, 2014
    Can't wait for that new game as well. I'm downloading it for sure once it's out.

I always liked the original Puzzle Quest (I had it back when flip phones were all over the place and touchscreens were really rare), but the second one was always a piece of crap to me.

Knowing that the new game will be more like the 1st one is good to hear.

7. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    I know to how PvP, but I haven't figured out how to capture land, it says you need to PvP to do it, I've done a ton of PvP but it never shows me my House/guild is dominating territory, also, if I check my PvP wins/losses it says 0 for both, which makes me think there's something else I'm not doing, idk lol.

Did you figure it out? What's your name in the game

8. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #48 pinOi32, Nov 7, 2014
    Lol, so far I'm only lvl 3 and only on the 2nd lvl of the solo campaign... I haven't tried PvP yet since I'm still a noob xD

My ingame name is PinOi32, but I haven't played the game in a while since I'm just waiting for Everplay to come up with an update.

9. J Cousteau

Feb 21, 2014
    Ahhh, sounds good, ill try to add you

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Loving this so far!

11. shadowkhai

shadowkhai Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Enjoying the game for the most part, but like others have mentioned I have gotten zero of the gems I've been awarded from battles and I also watched twenty something videos only to have all those gems disappear as well and the watch video option removed.

Frustrating to say the least.

12. romiem

romiem Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    To the devs- please make it clearer in which direction fusing units operates in. I've already lost a couple of units because I fused them the wrong way around.

13. shadowkhai

shadowkhai Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Add to the list that I recieved several mail messages that people added me as a friend and I can't find them in my friend's list. Several that said I earned xp but I didn't seem to get those until I fought another battle.

Another couple said I earned points for Dracus but I can't find that reflected anywhere.

Also two more said I recieved what looked like mercs or hero heads but I can't find those anywhere.

On top of this I can't find where I can go back and look at these old messages to see what I may be missing.

14. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I do a three hour commute (one way) daily, and internet coverage, WiFi, 3G, 4G are almost nonexistent. Online-only games are not an option. Don't assume all people are in the same situation as you!

15. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Great game but a lot of bugs!
    Game off-line after each battle.... Try again! Dammit!

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I think they did a pretty good job with this! I love the logo, the homage to final fantasy. I'm enjoying it though so far. Not to sure how it gets later on but I'm level 5, as well as most my monsters.

Edit: iphone 6, experiencing bugs as well. Not getting gems, not getting the friendly xp. Had 8 messages allowing me 11k xp but got nothing from it.

17. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm really enjoying the game so far minus the gem big thing. Can someone explain to me why there's a huge amount of "you need to be online for this game to work" stuff appearing lately? I just never understood why it's even necessary.

18. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Usually a few reasons:
    1- they want to track usage to see how far people get, how much they use/spend on gems etc.
    2- they want to serve you ads.
    3- they send new balance updates over the air when you load the game to change stats and costs of things based on discoveries from point 1 (for good or more likely bad).
    4- they want you to have easy 1 tap access to IAP's.
    5- they want to stop client side hacks and cheating.
    6- the game logic could run from the server (to stop point 5 from happening if it's done that way).
    7- there is a friends system tied to the game in this game (use friends hero) so this needs online data in and out.
    8- maybe some other social elements tied to gameplay.

Probably more things as well heh

19. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Experiencing the same, everyone is too no doubt.

On top of what you mentions there's a lot of missing gems unaccounted for and a lot of battles that do not complete due to server issues.

I remember replaying the very first battle 4 times wondering why the hell it was not progressing.

The Devs need to get their act together(in a calm and timely manner of course) lest they lose even more supporters

20. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Hey guys,

We are super sorry about the inconvenience with the servers. Its actually a 3rd Party system that went down because of the massive amount of users logging in at one time and it was 20x the capacity we had before.

We overloaded their system but we recently upgraded the servers to help. The Gem issues should save locally so we will update your accounts to be accurate very soon.