Universal Active Soccer 2 (by Gianluca Troiano)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Still not sure if I should buy this. Is it really polished? Is it smooth, the gameplay and the menu etc? Also, is it heavy on the battery? Thanks.

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Very polished, very smooth and great gameplay, very challenging and menus are ok, not the best menu ever but definitely not the worse either. As for the battery, it's very fine, I play it a lot and I had no problem

3. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Agreed. The menus aren't great, but the gameplay is.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Doing the same w leeds United because a game is about
    The only way my team will get back up :)

5. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    I feel sorry for Leeds fans. Ridsdale ruined the club.

6. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Wow Leeds Utd! One of the most hated team in England with my team, Chelsea ^^ everybody hates us

7. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I am playing with Gamba Osaka, lovely feelings to play the J-League since fifa will never get it as Konami holds the licence ^^

8. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    #128 orton1227, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Is there any way to do skill moves? I'm just having a rotten time passing. It won't pass it far enough to my teammates and if it does they just run away. Very frustrating. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

Also with goal kicks, I always kick it and there is just one guy from the other team waiting to get it. Every time just about. Where are my guys?

It's actually a very fun game despite my issues. I'd just like to see a manual or something. Or a tips list like the fifa games have. Need defensive help badly.

I've also encountered a bug where there is no out of bounds or goals. If someone scores then another player just gets the ball out of the net and plays on. No kickoff or anything. It seems to happen only in the dynamic camera mode.

9. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Considering "Active S2"?

10. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    If you look on this forum there is a way you line up the vowels in the grid
    And when you do that and hit save it changes every player in the game
    Takes about 20 seconds and it changes all names on all teams to being correct.
    I don't have the pic or I would post it

11. Elkhanchik

Elkhanchik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Glad to find the forum to contact the developers of this game )

I was searching for quite a while for such an outstanding football game , I would say that it reflects pure "real life " football , with the competitions and so many teams it has ) I was quite surprised to see my NT team and a club from our league there , cause it is actually one of the weakest in Eu and it is difficult to find it in any game ) This adds more respect to the creators .

For me this is better than Fifa , the only game I can compare to it is First Touch Soccer , with quite similar manager mode ) The only difference is that AS lacks the "Star Player" mode when you choose a single player out of your squad and feel like you are on that pitch yourself ) I think it would be amazing if you could add such feature here ...

Now about some small disadvantages ...
    The controls are ok , BUT there is a huge problem ,while defending you cannot Switch the players , I tried to press B and A , but it seems there is no explicit way to switch the players , that creates a big deal of problems , cause it is the key feature of defending , I think it should be tackled in near update ...

I hope you ll like my review and inform about future updates ...

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Ok I bought it today. Thanks for the answers guys! Really enjoying this game, although the dribbling is quite difficult and I lose the ball all the time.

13. Elkhanchik

Jan 31, 2015
    And one question more ... On FTS manager mode you cannot initially chhose Top teams like Real Madrid or Chelsea , you start from down table teams with small balance and then improve it , or get invitations from much stronger teams if you are succesful , there are also in game currency like coins , and if you want to transfer to another league you pay small amount of coins and get an invitation from one of the teams in the league you like ...

Also in FTS there is such a thing like "artificial intellect " and many teams are active during transfer periods , so leagues experience big big changes after some seasons , I used to play with half of teams of Dutch league and transferred there most of Top players , now there is 2090 year and this the champions league winners are mostly from Dutch league lol...I wonder if AS 2 is similar to this in some way ? On FTS there is also a possibility to make a quick simulation of the match , so if you already won league , you can just simulate the rest of the game not losing your time ...

Also I very much like that the club managing is connected with NT managing , and you get also job invitations from NT to qualify for WC ) that is an outstanding synergy ...

I have some good ideas in my head which can make this game unique , I lvl share them after some time ..
    For example how about appearance of new young players in some league clubs , so later they could be called up to NT , like in real time , so if some teams gets good results it gains skillful young player from its academy , smth like that could be sorted ....

14. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Hi Gianluca, as person above mentioned, I agree on manual swithiching of players when defending. That way you can run into space and close opponent down rather than chase one with the ball only.

Let us know if this and fixed joystick could be implemented in the future!?

15. Elkhanchik

Jan 31, 2015
    You can add a third button , which will work as an "air pass" and manual player switching simultaneously ...just like it is in FTS , this is the main problem ..
    Also I would like Russian division 2 if you have enough time ofc )

16. Bonti96

Bonti96 Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    France
    Add a button which allows to change players manually and another which allows cross the ball is good idea !

17. thericochet

thericochet Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2015
    #137 thericochet, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Air pass and cross are done by holding the pass button rather than tapping it.

Edit: of course you can also use the shoot button for long passes like in Sensible Soccer etc.

18. Bonti96

Bonti96 Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    France
    Yes, I know but it is not practice and difficult in some situations !

19. Elkhanchik

Jan 31, 2015
    When you try it by the pass button , the air pass will always go for a long distance , short distance air passes are much more needed but it's impossible to do them that way ...

20. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for having purchased the game.
    In Active Soccer 2 player switching is decided with the virtual stick direction.
    If, for example, you are chasing a player that runs on the south part of the pitch you can "call" the last defender just moving "UP" with the virtual stick.
    Basically you must move the stick in the direction that you want that defender would move.
    i.e.: if you want to select a player that is on the right side, just move "left", the game will select that player immediately. No extra button needed, you just need to move the stick in the desired direction, the game will understand.
    This switching method was used by Kick Off 2 and I find it brilliant because it allows to select precisely the player you need without losing time in pushing buttons.