Universal Active Soccer 2 (by Gianluca Troiano)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Does anyone know how to listen to other audio, like podcasts or your own music, while playing the game? Where is that setting?

2. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Unfortunately it doesn't work, I can listen to it but as soon as there's a sound FX or music it will stop my own music

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Cool. Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

4. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

I am sorry guys, I need to study this aspect of the iOS api to implement this feature.
    I tried but it didn't work

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    No worries. Thanks for keeping at it though. You've still got the best arcade footy game out there!

6. Balca

Balca Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Hello, I wonder if in a future update , you could choose to have the price of players MILLION EUROS and / or other currency , not "K" ? and the overall stats of 10 rather than the stars that are not very easy to read !

Of course a star to denote THE stars of the team in the manner of SWOS is also superb!

Thank you for your work I recommend it to all my friends and exploding me!

7. NikkyTesla

NikkyTesla Member

Feb 4, 2015
    +1
    And please, im realy wona play music in background.
    Thx 4 the beast soccer man!

8. TheFoxSoft

Thanks guys! :-D

9. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    any news about the Mac release? :-D

10. TheFoxSoft

I am sorry, still waiting....

11. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Dear Gianluca - I am still enjoying AS2 a lot and it's such a special football game!!!

But, it is still bug infested and one that is really bothering me is game crashing bug. Sometimes I can get 3-4 games in a row but most of the time during 2nd game in a row the game crashes.

I've tried on both iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2 and i'm getting the same problem.

Sounds like a memory leak or something is causing this!

Do you have any capacity to resolve this?

Also when and which consoles are you thinking of bringing premium version of AS2 to?

12. TheFoxSoft

Hi,
    I will work on bug fixes in the following weeks, so I could release a new version.

Cheers

13. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Great news, cheers Gianluca! Would be great if you could add the gate receipts Cup rewards and the single leg Cup games to the update too, as discussed here -
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3518786&postcount=979

I haven't won a final yet, so I don't know how much money I'll get for winning a Cup, but I hope it's not just another gate receipt, plus the standard bonus! :\

14. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Hm, okay, so I have won the English Cup Final now, and just received a standard match bonus of £50k or so. This is a bit silly, as winning a Cup final would obviously generate a lot more money. For a Cup final, this would be a massive bonus when you add in TV money and sponsorship prize money etc.

Also, the game was treated as being an away fixture for me, so I didn't even get a gate receipt! This needs to be changed as in a Cup match the gate receipts are split 50/50 between both clubs. That way, when a small team plays away against a big team the small team will be guaranteed a big gate receipt even if they don't win the game. Obviously, if the small teams win they should get a big bonus (perhaps depending upon the size of the club they're playing against).

I think this is something that desperately needs fixing Gianluca, as it's really spoiling the game for me.

Likewise, I'd imagine the same needs to be done for the Champions League - if a team gets into the Champions League they need to be given big bonuses and big gate receipts instead of the usual amounts. There just doesn't seem to be a reward for doing well in the Career mode of this game, which is a massive shame imho.

15. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    I totally agree, there are still a few bugs like that in Cup's competition, also I won the cup with a championship game and was not qualified for the next Europa Cup which was a heartbreaker

16. dadiduekappa

dadiduekappa Well-Known Member

Any chanche to see updated roster after janyary transfer market?

17. TheFoxSoft

Good point guys.

- not qualification after winning a cup: the continental championship qualifications are currently only given based on league positions.

- cash prices: I totally agree with Steve. Champions League matches should generate more income. Checking my code the winning of a national Cup gives a 4K price. I remember I have tested this aspect before releasing the game. I need to double check it.

- crashes after X game: this crash is due to assure compatibility with older devices, a few portion of memory is allocated in order to let iPhone 4 / iPad 1 user play the game. This can be fixed with a new update (read below)

Generally speaking, it would be great if the game gives more cash prices for achievements.

---------

Recently I was silent because I was very busy with Active Soccer 2 development. The game is now available for Windows Phone, BlackBerry 10 / Playbook and today I just received the Mac version approval. I know these aspects could be not very "useful" for you but they are necessary steps in order to spread the word about AS2 and have other updates.

In the meanwhile I am developing a Deluxe version (mainly for Consoles and later for mobile) that is polished version, with no bugs and new nice additional features + updated rosters. Also it has a slightly improved GFX, here is a WIP screenshot

Attached Files:

18. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Hi Gianluca,

It’s not just the Champions League that needs correcting imho. It’s the whole English Cup.

Firstly (as previously discussed), I should only be playing one tie against each team to get to the Cup Final, this is how our Cup works and it helps to generate some surprising “giant killing” matches as teams quite often perform way above their ability to win a one-off game. I think having a single match in each round is really important, rather than playing both home and away.

Secondly, the Cup match bonuses are completely wrong. Bonuses should be awarded depending on how far you’re into the competition (i.e. winning a semi final should reward you with more money than winning a first round tie). Also, I feel the match bonus should also be tied to the team you’re playing against. Thus, the match bonus should be a combination of the round you’re in along with the team you’re up against – so, beating Man United in the Semi Final should give you considerably more cash than beating Cheltenham Town in the first round.

Thirdly, the gate receipts are also wrong in the Cup. In a Cup match (in England at least), both teams share the gate receipt, regardless of whether it’s a home game or an away game. This means that getting an away tie against Chelsea playing as Plymouth is a really attractive prospect as you’re guaranteed to at least share a really high gate receipt. At the moment, the away team receives nothing for the away leg – even the final! – which is obviously not right.

I know you’ve said that there is no European reward for winning the English Cup but this should be changed too. I’ve just won the English Cup with Plymouth and was really looking forward to playing in Europe next season only to learn that I haven’t qualified. Where’s the Europa League? This should be added imho, so that smaller teams can get into a European competition – obviously this is a different competition to the Champions League which I think should only be accessed via the Premier League positions, as it is now.

Regarding the Champions League, I do feel that you should be awarding a lot more money based on the prestige of the Cup you’re playing in. Obviously, in the Champions League the whole format of the tournament is completely different to the English Cup so this will need looking at separately. If you follow a similar pattern to the above regarding match bonuses and gate receipts though, you should be pretty much there.

I’ve completed two seasons now and have been promoted twice. It would be nice to have the option of increasing the difficulty without having to restart my career. I think you could have this option in the Career menu somewhere. Maybe limit it to being updated (i.e. switching the difficulty) only two or three times to stop people abusing it. This will help people to advance their skills without having to lose everything when they get better!

I hope this is of some use. Apologies for writing so much, but I want to make sure you’ve understood what I’m saying – I think the Cup competitions in particular are a really important part of the game that is currently hugely disappointing. With a few tweaks and additions though, you could really add a lot more replay value to the game.

19. TheFoxSoft

Steve,
    I agree on everything you have written, I will do my best to include such changes.
    The Europa League is implemented, also the 3rd Champions League place -> Europa League qualification rule is implemented.
    But winning the national cup does not currently qualificate to Europa League.

20. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Is it possible to add this please? I think it would be a great addition, as I was gutted when I didn't qualify for Europe after winning the national cup - even if it's just the Europa League rather than the Champions League.