Universal Active Soccer 2 (by Gianluca Troiano)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 28, 2015.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Get some rest ^^ we all love your game and we will all wait patiently for updates, the core game is perfect so those some bugs are not so important, health is more important.
    By the way I found two little bugs, one is multitask, if for any reason I use the multitask (to answer the phone, to read my messages) while playing a game, I'll lose my match progression and will have to restart the match, the other is about the music, I can't play my music while playing, it would automatically switch back to the game soundtracks

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Correct! At the core it's awesome. I like the tournament creating feature and the many leagues im with you on adding J1 J2 J3 I like the fact you can create your own Asian champions league America europe etc
    Lots of teams takes me forever to decide who I want to play against.

3. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Also I found out that the computer doesn't make sub that much and doesn't foul too (or rarely) would be nice to have more fouls during the matchs, it makes it more alive and more exciting.
    By the way scoring with a player who has less than 2 stars is like mission impossible ^^

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Mac version too!! I'll buy it. Will it be "cross" platform? If I buy it on Mac, will I get it for PC as well; or will that have to be separate purchase?

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    That's nice, will it be possible to have a random setting for the weather depending on the season, as an exemple snow only in the winter, it's over super nice! I love the rainy day, maybe two different rainy day would be nice, one with heavy rain and thunder and one normal rainy day

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm interested in this and following the thread a little but I've really never played either and unsure what to expect.

7. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey guys,

I'm on the fence but really thinking of getting this game. I've been quite disappointed in football manager handheld this year (it's just too similar to the previous version) so I want to ask about the career and management aspects of this game. If it's anywhere comparable to football manager handheld then I will snap this up in a flash.

Bear in mind I also play football manager on PC so it's only the iOS version that I'm less than happy with. Thanks for any feedback.

8. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    Here is the steam greenlight page (it got my vote a long time ago :) )

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317821326

Maybe the Steam version includes both...

9. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    Hmm OK, it seems a bit strange that my whole roster is out of shape mid-season, but maybe they will get better!

Will you update the team rosters once the January transfer window is over? Or provide a player-swap option so we can do that ourselves?

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Get it that's all I can say... I've got first touch and soccer manager handheld by sega and this one is more fun than both of those. Only a few bucks and it's well worth it.

11. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    The management aspect of the game seems to be pretty light. More Sensible World of Soccer than Football Manager I would say. That's great for me but maybe not so great for you (I could have missed some aspects of it, just played for one day). All in all it is a great arcade soccer game with an impressive set of features, easily worth double the price it costs, but just set your expectations straight.

12. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Well I also love manager modes in football games, especially when it has depth, training session, scouting, recruiting, stadium upgrades and others, but this game doesn't have all those things, you can manage your team yes, you can buy/sell players (has so many leagues that most players are in it) but that's all, but I am pretty sure Gianluca (the dev) will add more in the future, I played AC1 and the dev constantly updated the game with new stuff, so if we kindly ask him, I am positive he'll do something, this game is really in between Kick off and Sensible soccer, if you liked any of those two in the past, then just get it! I bought it yesterday and I couldn't stop playing, just too good! This is not a simple game to my point of view, it's a masterpiece from a true football fan! You can tell this guy loves what he is doing, really beautiful work, especially the rainy day match, so beautiful

13. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm purchasing the game now and I'm sure I'm going to love it!

14. TheFoxSoft

TheFoxSoft Well-Known Member

#94 TheFoxSoft, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks a lot guys! I have no words to express how grateful I am.
    I am reading a lot of extremely positive feedbacks all around the web.
    But this is for me a starting point in order to improve the game, there is still a lot of work to do!
    Now I am uploading the 1.0.5 version that heavily improves the online part, it balances the career mode, especially the transfers, it fixes many bugs improving the stability, MFI controllers support. It will be just better :)

15. TheFoxSoft

@djstout:
    I just tested the iCade controls and they are working fine

16. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    No thanks to you Gianluca, this is the first time since sensible soccer and kick off I had that much pleasure playing a proper arcade football game, there are a few other very decent games like pixel soccer or ssc14, but this one is very special!

17. TheFoxSoft

#97 TheFoxSoft, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    I must find a better app name to display on devices.
    What would you choose:

- Active Socc. 2
    - ActiveSoccer2
    - AS 2
    - Active 2

?

I have also removed white borders on the app icon

18. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Perhaps ActiveSoccer2!?!

I have to agree with the rest of the guys here, this is a very special game!!! Thank you very much Gianluca.
    I've been following your football game development for a few years and it's been a long time coming, changing the name of the game and trying different platforms along the way but I think you nailed it now. Perfect for phone/tablet!!!

19. TheFoxSoft

Ok i try with ActiveSoccer2, thanks!
    Thanks for having followed me for so many years, let's say Active Soccer 2 is exactly what I had in mind in these years.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    AS2 thanks!