iPad Across Age™ 2 - (by FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co.KG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #41 Bool Zero, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014

use iFunbox (click on iFunbox Classic view) expand the devices directory (little plus sign) and it will be under "Raw File System" folder there will be a folder called "ApplicationArchives", which is a dump space for Apps it means to sync to your PC, sometimes does, yet often forgets to wipe them from this folder when done... I have constantly struggled with this issue myself as iTunes seems to hate my computer and has many issues on it at current, one of which is dropping and hanging while syncing which in turns leads to more junk data or "Other Data" on my iPad.

2. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Ah. This looks awesome. But at 516 MB I'm gonna pass. I'm sure the developers could have compressed these files more. Shame.

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    So it'll shrink down to ~416MB for the iPhone and maybe 500MB for the iPad.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I tried exactly all of that and that folder is not there. I'm about to get some sleep, but I'll try to send you a screen shot to show you tomorrow.

5. Toast

Toast FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Apr 27, 2009
    Co-Founder, Executive Producer
    Munich
    i can't find the post right now, but somebody couldn't find the game on the store, so here's the link to the game:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/across-age-2/id680581124?l=en&mt=8

it's the same game as the non-HD version. the graphics are optimised for iPad retina display. controller support is already integrated as well, so hopefully when controllers with bluetooth connectivity will come out, it should work out of the box.

;)

6. Maverik

Maverik Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    If it's a continuation of the story from the first game, it would be nice to see that go on sale. Make a bit more money off an old title and generate even more interest in the sequel. Seems like it would be a win win.

7. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I finished Across Age Ex some years ago. I had really enjoyed the 2 characters gameplay and the story so AA2 is now launched on my iPad. I would be pleased too to see sales on the 1st one, so I could play it again but on iPad this time (and with Retina graphics :p) :)

I finished the 1st part, the beginning is well done for those who had play AA and for the new players, with easy puzzles, nice monsters and good explanations. The controls during battle seem better than what I remember (it was my only complain), but perhaps it's just the big screen or an improvement in my iOS skills. I had some problems with the equipment as I pushed "unequip" instead of "return" but I'll try to avoid this in the future.

Very pleased to meet Ceska and Ales again, even if they didn't really disappear from my life as AA never left my iPhone since 2010 ;)
    Thanks to the devs and FDG Games for bringing happiness to my day with this release :)

8. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

@Zaz: Wow thank you! Glad to hear you enjoyed Across Age 1 already have fun with the sequel. Will happily share this with the team :)

9. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    This looks very interesting, close to hitting the buy button but first..

Are there any iaps?

10. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Thanks, Mene. No inapp purchases - no hidden cost.

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Thanks, *hits buy button*

12. jicon

jicon Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Thoughts on which version to get

I don't have a hardware controller, and my wife REALLY wants to download this (She loved the EX version on her iPod)

So, play on an iPod 5th gen, or an iPad 2nd Gen...

Any thoughts/considerations out there on which version is better control wise?

13. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I have neither so I can't personally recommend. BUT Echoen left a great review 2 pages back which was played on his iPad 2. Performance was mentioned in the review too.

14. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #54 Echoen, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  15. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    It's 2014, the age of tablets and smartphones. There is no reason why this game shouldn't be universal with iCloud support especially when lower caliber games feature it. At least have a cloud sync for saves across devices if you're going to be money hungry and charge for different versions.

16. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Just downloaded the game today, first time playing the Across Age series, I find the lag during gameplay is really annoying. Its like the game takes up memory to load the map or something but is this meant to happen? or just on my old weak device?

Anyhow, other than the laggy gameplay, other aspect is great, video, sound, skill. Still gonna try and play.

17. Neutronized

Neutronized Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 26, 2013
    Playing this right now on my iPad, it's awesome!

18. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I'm playing it on my iPod Touch 5th gen if that helps. :D

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This sounds about right. But I've also had some times of lag I'm movement on my 4S. And try not to complain too much about size, but from what I've seen so far, the cut scenes that may have fattened this up weren't worth the extra MBs.

20. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Desert Island past

Any tips on how to defeat the Boss with the flying head?