iPad Across Age™ 2 - (by FDG Entertainment GmbH & Co.KG)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Damn I bet those codes went quickly! Definitely more interested now I know I won't need the Internet at all.

2. Toast

Toast FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Apr 27, 2009
    Co-Founder, Executive Producer
    Munich
    here's another code for Across Age 2. be quick and enjoy! =)

NFT7M9377KEP

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Lucky enough to nab it. Thanks!!!

4. Asdone

Asdone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    The first one was the best rpg for me non iOs. The controller support is really a good choice. Gonna buy it when my steelseries arrives..

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Something very strange happened when I installed this game. For big games I often delete games with iCloud to install them. Then if there's room, I install them back.

With this game, I made a gig of space and installed it. Well, here's the weird part, after the install it showed as having taken up 521 MB of space. But my free space said ZERO! I should have had around another 500 MB free. I've had some space freed up after rebooting sometimes so I did a reboot. Then it showed just 8.1 MB free. WTH happened to the other 450+ MB now unaccounted for?

Needless to say I am not happy. Now, not only is there no room for the iCloud games I deleted but I having to make other deletion decisions for Shadow Blade that I didn't think I would have to make.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #26 Vovin, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014

Not FDG's fault. You suffer from "The Others".

For a simple, first solution, download iExplorer, start it, browse your iDevice's file system and look under "[iPhone's name]/Media/ApplicationArchives", if there's a file (or more). If, just delete, restart your iDevice, done.

For a more complex, but still easy clean up, here's your solution:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/751568-6gb-other-files-iphone-after-restore.html

But in your case, also uncheck/check the "synch apps" option.

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks. I was thinking of taking a look in the file system when I get home to my PC. Just usually a reboot would bring back strange space issues. But I never had that much space go missing.

Oh well, with your post of the directory, I'll know where to hunt down the garbage. :)

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Why is it so cheap? Intro sale?

9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Trigger iOS's built in clean up function with any of the cleaner apps on the AppStore. If you're lucky you might recover a whole lot more then those 500mb. iOS tends to collect sooo much garbage files over time all over the file system, and it's clean up is badly implemented (hence why there are cleanup apps on the store).

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Any you recommend? Seems like most I've found are geared towards cleaning up contact lists.

11. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Hm. Looks like Apple have had them removed. I have no idea why, since they didn't replicate any built in iOS function. What they did was essentially filling up the sdd, which in turn triggered the iOS cleanup. No, those contact deleting apps is definitely not what I meant (don't try those!). I think it was Apple just going, we suck, now devs are fixing iOS issues for us, can't let that happen..:/

12. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #32 bigred447uk, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Can anyone post a link to the game please ? I can't find it in the UK store. Not even by searching the devs other apps which usually works. Or is this another soft launch situation ?

Edit : never mind. D/l now !

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm using iOS 7 and there doesn't appear to be an ApplicationArchives directory. Perhaps they renamed it?

Yeah, I can see that happening. That blows. It also could be because of the question I posted above. They may have made things more difficult with iOS 7.

14. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #34 Echoen, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Thought I'd post my imps here too since the iPhone thread's more active.

I never played Across Age 1 so these imps come fresh and unbiased by the first. :)

You're given 3 save slots and you can save at any time when you have control over your character.

Opening cutscene is decently voiced and the visuals are undeniably gorgeous even on my iPad 2!

The story seems to be a rehash of something I've heard before but it's too early to close judgment. A tyrant king destroys a village and a local decides the only way to avert the tragedy by going back in time to defeat the king before he takes the throne. You play as Ales and Ceska that are first tasked to investigate the appearance of monsters around a beam of light on a nearby island. They then find themselves trapped in a cavern and this tutorial dungeon sets the pace for the rest of the game.

There's no auto rotate but there is a toggle to flip the screen. Across Age 2 has game pad support with button customization. For those without a controller, sadly, only the virtual d-pad can be moved up and down.

The fixed d-pad has a dead zone in the middle and does not require you to drag from the center to any of 8 directions. You can just tap on a part of the d-pad to move in that direction. It works well.

The game rather frequently stutters during exploration, mostly when I try to attack. It's annoying but still playable. I haven't tested if playing the game after a fresh restart prevents this from happening. Does this happen on newer devices?

You can alternate between the two characters by tapping on their portrait. This isn't just a gimmick. The entire game revolves around this feature. Ales can pick up Ceska and throw her to another platform to pop a switch or pick up an item. NPCs will often have something different to say depending on who you're controlling. Complex puzzles will demand you to split your team up to solve and certain enemies can only be killed by a certain character's attacks. Fortunately, experience is shared so you can stick to your favorite for the most part.

I found switching to be very buggy when rapidly switching while moving and this prevented me from switching at all until I completely let go of the screen.

Combat is quite satisfying. Skills are linked to your basic attack and consumes SP with every swing. Attacks can be charged even while moving to be more powerful but consume more SP. Ales' first skill sends out a mid-range arc with every slash. Ceska starts of with Manashot and sends long distance magic balls flying towards an enemy, with a little bit of auto aim tossed in. If you run out of SP, you can still attack in melee range. Mobs drop refills often enough that you don't have to worry about running out as long as you don't hammer attack. Some enemies are even immune to either physical or magic attacks so switching characters is integral to the game.

Similar to Star Ocean 2, skills become more powerful the more you use them. Ceska learns more magic by finding magic crystals around the world.

Enemies become invulnerable for half a second when you hit them so you can't spam the attack button to kill things that need more than one hit. It might just be slowing down an inevitable kill but further play will tell if this was a good design decision.

Puzzles are gradually introduced starting off with pushing blocks around to pass a room. Eventually things get more complex and you'll need to split up your team to handle things in separate rooms.

The game has 53 achievements to unlock and a leaderboard.

It's a pleasant game to play so far and I'm looking forward to finishing it!

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Guys does it go without saying that the iPad version is better because of the bigger screen?

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Hey FDG if this game makes a good amout of money which I'm sure it will can we expect Across Age III in 2020?

17. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Trust me, you have an applications archive directory.... Use iFunbox (its free) and you will find it very easy.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, I've given up. I can e-mail you a screenshot of the directories I'm seeing and I can't find any that actually say "archive". You can go into each individual app and clear caches I suppose. But this might be something like a partial download (presumably of this since that's when it occurred) that wasn't deleted. And I can't find anything and, of course, don't want to screw up anything on my iPhone by deleting something I shouldn't.

And yes, I've tried deleting and redownloading Across Age 2 and still did not recover the original lost space.

19. Cool game so far. A nice old school rpg feel.

20. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Never played the first one but I love FDG games downloading now! :D:D:D