iPad Ace Tennis Online

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arn, Nov 17, 2008.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
  2. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Wish this came out earlier :(. I'm outta money to buy this. But i did bought touchsports one, and it's really disappointing :(

3. Thanks for the heads up Arn. Could you elaborate more on the controls please. How do you control where you want to be on the court, where to hit the ball, and what type of shot you want?
    Thanks.

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    controls are very much like touchsports.

you tilt to direct the ball, but also depending on if you lean forward or up, you can adjust the shot further. see screenshot.

my impression is if you flick it quicker, it helps, but that may be my imagination. It's not perfect. I'm still left wondering sometimes why/how a shot is out of bounds vs not.

Attached Files:

5. Thank you. I may hold on till some reviews appear and I'd like to see it in action.

6. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Wow. That's so ironic haha. In the touchsports tennis thread, somone suggested that they tilt forward/backward to do a dropshot/lob. I'll stick to touchsports tennis though, it's prettier :D

7. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    Price dropped to 99 cents!

8. Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I am getting it now (59p here in the UK)! I bet everyone who has already bought it for £3 is gonna be mighty p!ssed. I feel for you, and it is unfair for the developer to change it's price so early. However I have to take advantage of this low price.

9. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I just got it - it's a good game and multiplayer will make it great

I'm a little confused by the tilt controls though. I followed the help instructions but couldn't tell a difference. How do I use them and what they do exactly?

10. Just played my first go. It's pretty decent so far. Vende, where ever you tap on the court, your player will walk towards your thumb and stop when you let go. They will hit the ball automatically if in the right place, and hit it in the direction you are tilting your device at that time. Simple.

NOTE TO TOUCH OWNERS: When I loaded it, it connected to the server before the main menu appeared. So I tested it to see if it will still play when offline. When offline, it asks you if you want to play offline against the cpu, you say yes, and away you go. Sorted.

11. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I almost purchased for the full price... After clicking Buy in my iPhone a message popped saying that the game was being changed... After awhile... $0.99! :)

That was close!!

After playing one offline game it seems a bit faster than TocuhSport Tennis... Rallies don't take too long.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Purchased and downloaded for 99 cents. Won't get to play it until later today, though.

13. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    #13 Kuratsu, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
    purchased, I'll check it out later.

14. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Omg. I'm getting this now.

15. Come on! 59p/$0.99 is the same price as a bar of chocolate here in the UK. It doesn't look to have too many options other than a few levels of difficulty for single player and of course you have multiplayer (which I haven't tried yet). But for this price, it's good for a quick Tennis fix, and lasts longer than a bar of chocolate (unless you keep it in the fridge).

16. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    I've managed to only spend about $15 on applications/games :D
    IMO its worth squeezing ones dollar when they can.

17. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    It's definitely worth a dollar

I've been slacking at work and playing it a bit today. The more you play, the better you are and the more fun it is. Still not getting the tilt though

I think I'll try multiplayer later today

18. #18 wastedyuthe, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
    Just tried online with someone from my own country (UK) and it was laggy as hell! Totally unplayable. The other player had enough of it and left before the match ended.

[edit] Had 3 matches now, and in every one it gets that laggy that the other player leaves the match before it ends! Not good.

19. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    ahh that sucks. I'm downloading now but may be a while before I can try it out. can anybody else comment on the multiplayer?

20. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Two matches online (3G here)... They were playable... I'm enjoying the game so far!