Ace of Blades - From the creators of Spell Sword

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Nov 19, 2012.

1. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    How about a steampunk world with cool machine parts ?

Thanks

2. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Judging from your screenshots, World 1 is probably set in some kind of mountainy meadowland. So it would be a nice touch to have world 2 to be either further into the mountains (with dark dungeons, trolls, bats 'n' shit) or into a creepy, enchanted fairy-forrest!

Btw, would you guys mind telling me what tools you use for development? I just began programming on the Mac and I'm also going for pixel-art, but I haven't found the right tools yet.
    Thanks in advance,
    D4rgolf!

3. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    The game is programmed with Cocos2D and Box2D. Best of luck in development! Pixel art is a good choice!

4. elliot353

elliot353 Active Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Mountain & Cave.

5. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Oh I got it, it's in the sky :3

6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    You are all correct! Or none of you. Or possibly one or two of you...

You'll never know, until you find out that you knew the entire time.

Regardless! The best answers are to the questions you never had. Or maybe its that you shouldn't ask questions you don't know the answers to? One of those...

Either way, hope you all had a great holiday!

[​IMG]

7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I say valcano

8. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    this would be kinda like swordigo?

I have to say i was a little upset about spellsword going fremium but what the hell i enjoyed a lot after the release

I will be buying this as well, any chance is coming out in january?

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    The mention of Swordigo in the OP as an example for this game has me peeing my panties in anticipation. I enjoyed Spell Sword quite a bit, looking forward to this one.

10. ali.ee

ali.ee New Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Everplay, I will buy this game the moment it comes out..
    I just hope that there are little secret areas, special abilities to let you reach places that you couldn't before.
    Short version: I hope it's a Metroidvania style game :)

11. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Swordigo is a great game and one that we enjoy here at Everplay. Ace of Blades will be quite a bit different and have less of the RPG feels. Essentially, its Spell Sword meets Swordigo in a way. (Much larger levels for exploration.)

To the question regarding release, we are aiming for February. The core parts of the game are done and we are finishing up the puzzle elements.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Thanks for that! I loved the style of Spell Sword, and the funny references to other things before the beginning of stages i.e. 'Winter is coming'. Please say there is more of that. :p

Either way, this should be an easy purchase for me come February. :)

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    less rpg element? :( what do you mean? come on please tell me you can atleast get like a legendary legend of Zelda sword at the end :3 Or maybe the ability to use two swords? :) instant buy though even if its $4.99

14. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Its a different type of game.

Its a side scrolling platformer designed around combat, action, and puzzles, and not so much on the story.

15. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Does it have arena modes?

Spellsword was a let down when it went freemium il be honest (pretty much insta deleted it there and then), but the core gameplay was very fun and I couldn't find anything like it on IOS. Just being frank its not intended to be mean at all and in some ways I'm actually looking forward to this albeit with baited breath.

What I loved about spellsword though was the whole limitless mode gameplay and if that made it back as a portion into this game I would have no problems giving it a second chance as a gamer and see how things go.

TBH I'm not all hate for spellsword, think my 5 star review is there but it is difficult to look past that when this game is so heavily based around it, I just think it could have had a seperate version instead of nuking what we knew and loved.

I like the snowy holiday screenshots, that's a level type I can buy into and my guess for a second zone is a desert/cave region. ;)

16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    a dev of ace of blades is in deviantart and here a some goodies from his gallery for anyone else who is looking forward as well, looks good so far

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Its possible to be added, but not at this time. In Ace of Blades, your character is twice as big (resolution) as the Spell Sword hero. This means that there isn't as much room for movement in an area.

18. corvo attono

corvo attono Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    isnt there already a game in the appstore called ace of blades?

19. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Nope. And their shouldn't be. We own the trademark for that name, so they would violate that if they tried.

20. corvo attono

corvo attono Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    nevermind just looked again it's god of blades not ace of blades