Universal Ace Maverick (by Futureworks Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #41 Jayg2015, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Not a big fan of these games but this one looks good graphics wise. I'll buy this when it goes on sale. I've probably spent $40in past two weeks on games . Better slow down

2. sfjohansson

sfjohansson Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    ...or keep an eye on the polar bear pics for promo codes thread... :)

3. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Originally Posted by deadcandance:
    Is it possible to update the game so to include all of us with with older iPads. I Really want this on my iPad 4. Is it possible?
    The metal api is not available on iPad 4, having said that there might be a chance that I can could create a lower quality setting if everything else runs smoothly i.e. AI and stuff, I will need to do more testing as I don't want the game play experience be affected.

The other issue which is probably even more important is going forward, as adding support for iPad 4 would affect what can be put into the game.

I can't promise anything but I will do a few tests...as a matter of fact...if you are interested I can invite you to beta test if I find it doable!

Oh man. You are awesome. I'm loving this game on my iPhone. I would love it on my iPad 4. There are a lot of people out here with 3sand 4s. Of course I'll help you test it. Sign me up.

4. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Great to hear, You're on top of the list! :)

5. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Thank you sir.

6. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Anxious Eta?

7. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Wanna try this so bad but unfortunately have to wait til goes on sale

8. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Hey Guys,
    A little update The first update is pretty much ready to go with bug fixes, general stability and a little bit of polish. I'm hoping that it will be able to arrive this weekend. The following update after this will feature some new levels. The game will still only be working on iOS devices with metal as it's best to wait until after iOS 9 release before I stir things up under the hood. There will also be another round of the "promo codes for polar bear pics" competition when I got the new build through :)

Cheers

Stefan

9. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Future updates sound awesome

10. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Happy Monday!
    The first update for Ace is out, it just the missed the weekend but now it's here!
    I prioritised bugs on this first round before adding more levels.

Changlist
    • Stability Improvements and important bug fixes
    • "Invert controller" on settings screen made more clear
    • Some tweaks to level difficulty
    • A little bit of polish (you can now se a splash when a container drops into the ocean)

More Happy Flying and shooting! :)

Stefan

11. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Happy Sunday!
    Ace Maverick is ONE month old today...and to celebrate the occasion the "Polar bear pics for promo codes" is running...in addition to special half price offer to support lazy Sunday gaming! =D

Stefan

12. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I absolutely LOVE helicopter flight sims and themed games, and so of all the caveats mentioned the only one that has me the most concerned is separate elevation control (perhaps a little slider next to the Roll and Thrust control stick?) I will pick this up in hopes of soon to be improved controls and additional content!

P.S. Touch Arcade says sale, but AppStore price is unchanged in US AppStore

13. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Hi Gurney,
    Thanks for picking up Ace. As the game is more of an arcade/action game than simulator ...the altitude control where dropped during development as there was very little use for it. The only scenario was during landing and that was replaced with automated sequence, this allowed for what I saw as the "golden path"* with a streamlined dual stick setup, where players never have to lift their thumbs from the controls. Accelerometer support was also taken out as the dual stick setup allowed for a more aggressive manoeuvring ( ie pulling the sticks opposite direction in an instant)

How would you like to use a separate altitude control?

/Stefan

*Dune ref

14. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Hi. Got your message and responded with my email. Don't know if you received it. iPad 4

15. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Having played it on the iPad 4 now I have to say it's looks and plays well. Certainly not at the graphic level of iPhone 6s but definentely respectable. Frame rate is smooth. Obvious lower Rez. But I like it. Maybe a few more tweaks can get the resolution a little higher.

16. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Happy Saturday Everyone!
    There is a new update out, this update have big performance improvements and that occasional "level fail slap in the face bug" should be gone! :)

I'm currently working on support for iOS gamepads and experimenting with putting in accelerometer controls for those who don't like thumb sticks and the new levels are of course also in the works!

/Stefan

17. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    People still playing this game?
    Looking into picking this one up as this week's releases were sub par at best!

18. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
  19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Fun game. Any update on plans for more content? Or did it not sell well enough?

20. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Hi, Thanks for your kind words! :)

Yes, there is certainly more content on the way!

[​IMG]

It took a little more time to make more content than I originally thought as I'm doing everything on my own except the music, so programming art, design. I needed to do some changes under the hood to make it more efficient...and that got a little hairy, but it won't be much longer!

Stefan