Universal Ace Maverick (by Futureworks Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Congrats on the release. What a week. Haven't been able to give one game a serious play as I keep going back and forth. Agree with the other posters about the control and gameplay. Would take a polished fun game like this over a real sim any day.

Well done and happy flying all.

2. deadcandance

deadcandance Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    So disappointed this game is not universal. Would be sick on my iPad. Any plans to make it universal? Great game

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Does this have mfi support?

4. sfjohansson

sfjohansson Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Cheers, I'm still alive but not too much sleep but very happy with all the positive comments I find.. :)
    ...quite daunting this whole launch thing first time around..but now the weekend is here so no other distractions!

This game is indeed universal and that big iPad screen makes for a very nice experience..not to mention what an even larger "iPad Pro " would do ...if it comes out :)

No mfi controllers at the moment, when I developed the game I noticed the game could become extremely unbalanced depending on different input methods, so I decided to strip out all additional controllers(mfi/accelerometer) and focus on making the controls/helicopter movement/ game design to work together to make a better game. But I will consider looking into it again.

Happy Flying & shooting everyone!

Stefan

5. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    You say this game is universal yet when I try to download it on my iPad 4 it says " not compatable with my iPad". Even in the touch arcade description it reads iPhone only. So...............?

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It's because your ipad is too old.

7. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Morning!

Yep, thats unfortunately it, this game requires an iOS device with metal for a good experience. Minimum requirement is iPad Air / Mini with retina Display or iPhone 5s.

I can see now that the touch arcade page says iPhone instead of universal, although I don't know how to change that?

/stefan

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I left a really nice review on the AppStore. Some guy left a 1 star review for on screen controls. On a device that's touch screen. Lol

I love people. But hate people. Hehe

Billy

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah, there's always that one whiner that brings a 4-5 star down to a 3-4 star. I wish we could send "bitch slaps" to those who review games poorly because they didn't have their cake and eat it too. That sucks, and I hope it doesn't effect what should be a 5-star rating across the board. I left a review with a comment at the whiner and his absolutely uncalled for 1-star review. I've played games where I thought tilt actually ruined the experience, but because I still liked what the debs tried to do, I gave them 4 instead of 5 stars. A 1-star......SLAP!

And I've got to say, this game has some hardcore challenge to get all 5 stars, but the sense of accomplishment when beating a level and reaching your star goal is bar-none.

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Amen Reverend! Absolutely spot on with the "bitch slap" comment lol!

You can see that the dev put a lot of himself in this game. The production values are great.

Billy

11. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Thanks guys,
    I'm very grateful..got so happy when I saw the review as it was quite a face punch with that one star review =O

The review did't make much sense as you guys pointed out...the whole touch controller thing...hmm well what is there to say...

I didn't want to tuck in review requests in game to get more reviews, which should balance the score to whatever an app really deserves but I really hope that isn't necessary.

The least I can do is send you guys a promo code to give away to any friend you might think will appreciate some flying :)

Glad you are liking the challenge!

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Much appreciated! Yeah, I won't stand for temper tantrums and "dinging" a game because someone's got their pants (or panties) in a jumble ;)

13. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I agree, even states, "not coordinated", geez, guy needs to stop dinging devs for his issue. That's the hard part about indie devs, don't mean to be an ass, but jerks like that need to not be allowed to post reviews.

14. sugimulm

Minor suggestion, the ability to invert the controls, for example. Down for up and up for down.

15. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    That certainly is important and I'm very happy to say that it is implemented, if you look at the setting screen you need to tap on the controller with the text "Swap/Up Down"

[​IMG]

I will make it more clear in the next update.... :)

Stefan

16. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    Hi Guys,
    I'm planning a humble little promo code giveaway/contest here on TA today at 6pm uk time, as a thanks for all the interest and support for the game.

Anybody who would like a free ticket..or if you know somebody who will be interested...keep an eye on the contest thread later today:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Cheers

Stefan

17. sugimulm

Awesome! Thank you!!!

18. deadcandance

Jan 18, 2013
    Is it possible to update the game so to include all of us with with older iPads Really want this on my iPad 4. Is it possible?

19. sfjohansson

May 17, 2014
    Male
    Game Developer
    London
    The metal api is not available on iPad 4, having said that there might be a chance that I can could create a lower quality setting if everything else runs smoothly i.e. AI and stuff, I will need to do more testing as I don't want the game play experience be affected.

The other issue which is probably even more important is going forward, as adding support for iPad 4 would affect what can be put into the game.

I can't promise anything but I will do a few tests...as a matter of fact...if you are interested I can invite you to beta test if I find it doable!

Stefan

20. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Very solid gameplay and great controls, you really feel like your in control of the chopper, I love the water splashing