Ace Combat Vs. F.A.S.T.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by h0130j03, Jul 7, 2009.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Ace Combat

25.0%
  2. F.A.S.T.

50.0%
  3. both are good

25.0%
  1. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Which do you guys think is better?

Ace Combat: Has a story, a large variety of planes, customizable stats via parts, fictional planes, megafortresses (B-17's on steroids yeah!!).

F.A.S.T.(as of now): No story, controls are great (gives you the feeling like your really flying the plane), easier to perform maneuvers, Dev's changed stats around, Fixed stats no customization, has online multiplayer, Game is really hard making you a better pilot for multiplayer, not many planes.

Although FAST has a lot of downsides it's gameplay is great, it's really fun to play. Sure Ace Combat has all the extra stuff like planes and that but the gameplay is limited to controllers with analog sticks for now. So in my opinion, both are good in their own way.

2. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I feel its hard to compare two games that arent even on the same platform. I've played and love both, but comparing them doesnt seem right. Its not like comparing a 360 to a PS3 game...

That said, if I had to compare (pretending they were on similer platforms), I'd say I prefer AC. But, I'm looking forward to the next itiration of FAST to see what they do with the franchise

3. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

strange comparison
    i'm not gonna vote.

4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    #4 sjleworthy, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    i'm a bit confused why Ace Combat is being discussed here?

i dont mind but if it's not on the Touch/iPhone it seems a bit pointless to talk about. i've personally never heard of it, so unless i can download it onto my Touch it's irrelevant. i voted because the vote doesn't mean anything.

:)

5. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Is it better than ace combat x series on the psp ?

6. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    in my opinion "skies of deception" is good in it's own way, but the gameplay in F.A.S.T is better.

7. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Lol Ace Combat is the best but thats because it's on another console so Ace Combat wins while most people here don't know what that is. :p

8. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Shouldn't this be in the lounge since it isn't a question completely based on the iphone.

9. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    The fact that you can compare F.A.S.T to a multimillion dollar franchise such as ace combat just shows how amazing the game really is. i'd have to say both are good though, but F.A.S.T is definately my favorite iphone game by far.