Universal Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy HD - (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 29, 2013.

1. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, I could immediately tell that Prosecutor Payne wasn't blinking like he does in the DS game.

Honestly, it's hard to notice when going through the text, and not sitting there staring at the person. :p

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This >>> lol

[​IMG]

3. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's a shame you can't type more into the text field. Lot of wasted space.

4. #104 Haruhi, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    [​IMG]
    At least we (finally) got the game, I guess.

Character limit is less of an issue when typing in Japanese.

5. nomorejoking

nomorejoking Active Member

Nov 19, 2012
    No ipod 5 opt? Or as I can tell by the size of the pictures and description

6. foxhoundl

foxhoundl New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Does anyone know if you can backup the app together with the in-app purchases to a computer and be able to restore them without downloading anything from the app store again?

Was excited for this but was hoping it would be a one time purchase thing without having any in-app purchases, this has greatly made me not want to get this. Why didn't they just release a "lite" version and full version at the same time, it is a trilogy after all.

7. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I can't find the app in the Canadian App Store is it out yet? I'm pumped for this.

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    We should all tweet this to the producers haha It'd be so hilarious! However with what we have now I'm still really pleased :)

The HD art is gorgeous... And this gif maker... I ALMOST like it more than the game itself.. ALMOST.

-------------

When you start up the game it asks to restore / check your purchases on your itunes account. So maybe it can restore. That's what it seems like to me but I'm not 100% sure. But if that's not true then this feature wouldn't make sense because it won't give you the first game for free even if you bought the old app.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloading...

Download size: 353MB
    Installed size: 381MB

Ace Attorney Trilogy HD needed more than 800MB of free space just to install. Just wish the developer had set 381MB as the download instead of making his customers clear an extra 400 over MB to install...

10. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Apps are primarily optimised for downloading and installing through iTunes. In addition, as some people have to pay based on how much they download over the air, and it costs Apple to serve that data in the first place, it is best that apps remain as compressed as possible pre-install.

Asking you to reserve a bit of extra "install" space on your device isn't an unreasonable request.

11. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    The difference in between the download and installed sizes was only 30MB. Having to clear more than 800MB for a 381MB game just to save the developer 30MB of download bandwidth is a bit silly.

I would understand if their packing tech is able to compress it like zip and reduce the download by half to 200MB or less, but again, Capcom did all this just to save themselves 30MB. That was an inelegant solution.

12. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    The link is still bringing up Ghost Trick for me.

13. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This is only an issue if you insist on filling your device to capacity and downloading the game over the air, though. It costs you nothing at all to accommodate this situation on your end, but "only" 30MB adds up for Apple when they're looking at billions of app downloads.

14. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I had the same issue last night. It just means that Ace Attorney Trilogy HD has not been released in your territory yet.

I literally cannot download then sync over iTunes on my PC. iTunes just decided to stop detecting all my iDevices one day and I haven't been able to fix it, despite reinstalling different versions of iTunes and its drivers many times...

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have no experience with this game, but given that it is free to try and all of the interest here, I gave it a shot. Seriously, I don't get the love for it. It seems juvenile and is a continuous click fest. Definitely not my cup of tea. You all enjoy. I am moving on.

16. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    The Ace Attorney games seem to attract adventure game fans and girls, for some reason. If you are neither then go get Warhammer Quest. :)

I tried the Larry Butz case again and really enjoy the bigger graphics on my iPad and TV. So much clearer than on my DS...

17. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'm going to sic ASiG on you for that. :p

18. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    What is an ASiG? Googling throws up a bunch of aviation engineering links...

19. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Andsoitgoes.

Your abbreviated name is iPiG. :D

20. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Cool. I now have my official Toucharcade nickname... :)