Universal Access Code Zero (by Games by Noe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lastmandancing, Apr 9, 2021.

1. bugsland

bugsland Active Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I have eventually managed to get the game with the help of the developer. i only starting to play it but really love the graphics.

for me it really has an Amstrad CPC look/feel and I am loving it so far.

I was surprised at first there was no « going down » button, but that makes it much easier to navigate on touch controls and the level designs have been made in such a way you don’t actually need to « go down ».
    Not sure if this will change later in the game but as a result the touch control works very well so far!

As a retro game fan, I really like this game so far! So thanks to the dev for creating this game!

lastmandancing likes this.
  2. lastmandancing

lastmandancing Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    #22 lastmandancing, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Ok, I think i solve the problem. I rewrote all input system and finally get the ps4 controller. Unfortunately i can't test it on real device because my iPhone is pretty old and didn't receive an iOS 13 update yet. But i tested it with my iMac and it works well. Anyway, I'm pushing the new update ver 1.1. Update will be available after a couple of hours. Will be glad if someone post feedback about it. Thank you.

3. Brian Cartwright

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Hey there, just fired it up and controller still not working.

4. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    #24 Draven2222, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    New build working on iPhoneX with Bluetooth Controllers
    I Tested 3 Controllers. XBXONE-S,PS4 Dualshock4,Steelseries Nimbus MFi controller.

All Ingame controls working good.

D-Pad or Left Stick = Control Character
    A Button = Fire
    X Button = Jump
    B Button = Map
    Y Button = Skip Text

However, i also tested the same controllers on some iPads,,iPadAir, iPadPro.. and it's not working as Brian pointed out..
    There are 2 types of controller iOS System recognizes, these are Formfitting (Lightning port Connected,(Brian's Controller) and StandAlone..(Bluetooth Controllers)
    You need add conditions for both Standalone and Formfitting to cover all possible solutions.

Formfitting Controllers are
    • BackBone One
    • Razer Kishi
    • GAMEVICE (All models)
    Standalone Controllers
    • All other controllers that connect using Bluetooth

Conclusion, Brian's Controller is a Backbone One a "Formfitting" Controller these are added Automatcally to the system, you need not to do any discovery for these, this leads me to believe you have not accounted for existing "Formfitting" controllers, simply just get the profile after you have done your discovery in both your iOS & iPADOS builds.

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/gamecontroller/gccontroller/1458871-controllers

Additionally you also have not added any support to iPadOS build as the "Standalone" bluetooth controllers are not working on iPads.
    Hope this helps.

5. Brian Cartwright

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    I just want to call out how helpful your posts have been. Really laying out necessary details to improve all players ultimate quality of life and helping the developer to reach a larger, more excited audience. Thanks for being the good side of gaming culture! :)

Draven2222 likes this.
  6. Brian Cartwright

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Just wanted to update that my Backbone MFI controller is now working like a charm!

lastmandancing and Draven2222 like this.
  7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Great to hear!

8. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    Glad to hear that! All this time I was tried to figure out why it still does not work. Thank you for your feedback!

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know, all these years I've given you crap for asking about controller support in threads. After reading your contributions to this thread, I can't do anything but apologize for any remarks that may have come off as rude or inconsiderate. This is clearly a palpable passion for you and I respect the hell out of how knowledgeable you are about iOS controller support.

Collin, Draven2222 and lastmandancing like this.
  10. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    Thank you metalcasket, :)

Just to confirm iPad versions working well with all official controllers,. praise be to the dev @lastmandancing for doing a great job implementing them!, plus it is actually a cool little game. :) hope my input helps his game reach a larger audience.

iO14.5 is looming, (anyday now they say) I'll test on PS5 and XBX-X controllers when it drops and let you guys and the dev know if it works with those also.

11. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    #31 Draven2222, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    News: iPhones/iPads updated to OS 14.5 now support 2 new controllers the PS5 DualSense & XBOX One Series X Controller.
    Can confirm Access Code Zero works well with this OS update and both the new controllers. ;)
    [​IMG]

12. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    And what about xbox one and ps4 controllers (using the game on iPad), they work perfect, now? I don’t want buy the game, again and ask, again, for refund ‘cause my xbox one control still don’t work..

13. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    Wow! Thanks for your help! Great job! Can I use your photo on twitter?

14. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    #34 Draven2222, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Hi Simmock, yes i tested with both PS4 DualShock and XBX1 Controllers
    (The newer 3rd gen XBX1 controller 2016 onwards, not the old 1st & 2nd (2013-2016) XBX1 Controllers ,those will not work as they don't have bluetooth.)

15. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    Of course!

16. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    #36 lastmandancing, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Great news! Access Code Zero got featured in the AppStore! The section in which the game has got is called "New games we love"! This is a great success for me! Thank you all for your support and patience! Hooray! :):):)

17. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    I would like to ask everyone who liked the game to leave a review and put some stars according to your opinion in the AppStore.

18. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    #38 lastmandancing, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Yay! 1 month past since release and Access Code Zero still hits a "hot games" section in TouchArcade! Thank you all for support! Also i'm pushed new update that fixing GameCenter glitch at the final cutscene. Thanks again.

19. lastmandancing

Dec 20, 2019
    Male
    +1 month in the "new games we love" list by AppStore! Thank you! :)

Draven2222 and Anotherkellydown like this.