Universal Abzorb: a tilt game for iOS and Humans

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by geraldpkelley, Feb 11, 2016.

1. geraldpkelley

geraldpkelley Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Graphic Artist / Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks! :D It's comments like this that make it worth all the work.

The first prototype I made was about 3 years ago, and then I started working on this as my main project about a year and a half ago. So about a year and a half of nights and weekends.

As for updates, I've got a couple details to improve (nothing major), and I'm adding touch input for those that really hate tilt controls. I just have to iterate a couple more times on those before I push it out.
    I do have another game mode planned, but that won't be for a few weeks. Keep an eye out for it! I'll also post about that update here.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #22 ROGER-NL, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Here are some times I got:

Level 1: 56.38
    Level 2: 50.62
    Level 3: 48.73
    Level 4: 53.85
    Level 5: 28.78
    Level 6: 31.87
    Level 7: 45.44
    Level 8: 46.51
    Level 9: 40.77

I got these times by playing the levels over and over, you need a bit of luck to where the blue dots are, when they are close to each other you get higher scores.

3. geraldpkelley

geraldpkelley Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Graphic Artist / Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    Hi everyone! It's Gerald Kelley, here to tell you some Abzorb news.

I just wanted to drop in and let you all know that Abzorb is receiving a big update, tonight. (Around 10 pm CST or so)

Among a few design tweeks and bug fixes, I added a new Daily Challenge Mode!

Here's the rundown on it:

- Each day, you receive a new set of 5 levels to play, back-to-back. Your score for all 5 is tallied up at the end and submitted to a new leaderboard on Game Center, where you can check out your competitor's from that day. Try the Daily as many times as you'd like!...Well, until the end of the day, at least. :)

- A New Achievement: 30 Days - Play 30 unique Dailies.

Check it out! Have some fun. :)

Grab it here

One last thing! Abzorb is also launching on Android, tomorrow, for all of you Android peeps. :D

Peace,
    Gerald Kelley

4. VkngBlu

VkngBlu New Member

Aug 6, 2016
    Minor glitch on my copy?

Love the game, and having thought I previously had optimized each level, the daily challenges keep me coming back and I find new ways to improve my time. I have a couple quirks with the achievement recognition in my application, but I haven't noticed them identified yet. Pls let me know what's the best way to convey the info to you. Thanks.