Universal Abyssrium (by SangHeon Kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by idle, Jul 15, 2016.

1. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    #61 EverSoul, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Yeah, this is definitely not a 1/10 chance with exiting (?) the app. I'll try a different translator...

Maybe you need 1/10 of a fish to unlock? (Like 11 fish, 1 out, 10 banked?)

2. SSJEV

SSJEV Member

Jul 26, 2016
    That might be it, but the Mandarin Dragonet has the same 1/10 description so I'm lead to believe it has to do with notifications.

3. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    #63 EverSoul, Jul 27, 2016
    "Whale shark: 1/10 in all probability when you exit the app, you can get the new ' fish ' is a phrase set alarm 2 time back with this alarm according to an unlockable game log on to:"

Korean is hard to translate.

It sounds to me like there's a 10% chance to get this by opening the app every 2 hours ...or 2 minutes? It's almost like they're instructing the user to set any alarm.

That would explain why rapid fire opening and closing isn't working...

EDIT: Syntran says:

"Whale shark: When ends the App with 1/10 probabilities, 'can get the new fish, ' the alarm which had a complaint is set after 2 hours the poem which to game will fix to an alarm, will connect the rock which froze"

10% odds every 2 hours? No wonder no one else has these...

4. SSJEV

SSJEV Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Ah, that interpretation makes more sense. I'll try it.

5. Leboutaine

Leboutaine New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Blowfish?

Hi guys apologies if this has been addressed already but how do you unlock blowfish? Trying to get sea horses but all I have is Boxfish and Cowfish along with a Cutter and can't see Blowfish anywhere...

6. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Boxfish, triggerfish and cowfish are ALL blowfish. :) My wife asked the same thing, but my A in college Zoology came in handy for once.

We placed a bet because she didn't believe me. I won by buying that triggerfish first, which counted toward unlocking the seahorses.

7. Leboutaine

Leboutaine New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Thanks

Haha that's great. I do think they could have made that a bit clearer especially as when you get to that point it costs a million K to unlock them ha. But yes your zoology course saved me there sir.

8. SSJEV

SSJEV Member

Jul 26, 2016
    #68 SSJEV, Jul 27, 2016
    It seems that to get the whale shark, mandarin dragonet and spotted boxfish you have to wait every 2-3 hours, with the game closed, and wait for a notification. I'm finally getting notifications. I believe there is a 10% chance to get one of the fish every time a notification pops up. A Korean blog I read stated that if you do get a fish, there will be a separate notification for the new fish on top of the standard vitality collection notification.

Edit: Okay, I was finally able to get the Mandarin Dragonet. You need to have notifications on and wait every 3 hours, without the game closed, for a vitality acquisition notification to appear. There is a 1/10 chance you will get a hidden fish notification after 2 hours of inactivity (rather than the 3 for the vitality), but you have 5 minutes to open the app and collect the fish thereafter.

9. toastedtoads

toastedtoads New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    convict tang = do nothing for 1 hour
    clown tang = take a picture of a tang 5 times

not sure about the spotted mandarin dragonet yet... let me know if you figure it out!

10. toastedtoads

toastedtoads New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    do nothing for an hour = leave the app open for an hour and don't touch your device
    you'll get a Convict Tang

11. toastedtoads

toastedtoads New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    This hasn't worked for me. Is there anything specific I need to do before saving?

12. toastedtoads

toastedtoads New Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Narwhal counts as a dolphin! I got the commerson that way.

13. SwaggiestTurtle

Jul 28, 2016
    If anyone else doesn't feel like staying up until four A.M. five times to get the pygmy seahorse then you can change your date and time to 4 A.M. and then go into the app, exit and then change it to the next day and repeat. This is also a way to reset skills and get idle coral vitality. Hope this helps

14. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Which is it? With the game closed or without the game closed?

Also, how do you turn on notifications for this game? It's not in the settings...

15. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    #75 EverSoul, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Just bought a Blue Whale. The requirements aren't all fish but 72 different types. The only ones I'm missing are the whale shark and spotted boxfish (still can't get notifications to work) but since I bought the black clown fish and giant jellyfish, I'm still at 72 types.

EDIT: Also missing the humpback whale. Not spending $50 for one fish, sorry..

16. SSJEV

SSJEV Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Sorry, it's with the game closed completely. I'm using iOS and notification settings for the app are available if you select the app in settings.

I managed to get the dragonet and spotted boxfish.

17. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    So, you're supposed to open the game through this notification that only appears for 5 minutes?

...and it can take 2-3 hours to appear?

18. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #78 spleen, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    The 5 minute limit is pretty brutal, to make it worse the notification remains after your time is up letting you know you've missed out on a new fish. I've had to mirror notifications to my watch to have any chance of catching it in time, and even then when I finally got it it was at 3am ish so of course I was asleep.

Speak of the Devil. That unlocked the Juvenile Spotted Boxfish, just the Whale Shark (and then Blue Whale) to go now.

19. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Nice screenshot. I have never seen one of those notifications ever, though I do have the first of the three that unlock this way.

My game settings, I'm guessing "script on" is the notifications? Nothing else is even close.

Man, this doesn't make sense. I'm so frustrated.

20. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #80 spleen, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Script on is the info in the top left and the Corallite's speech, I think? What you want is to go in to the Settings app on your phone (not within AbyssRium), scroll all the way to the bottom and it should have a bunch of apps listed. Click AbyssRium, click Notifications and set Allow Notifications etc.

I believe the fish unlock notification can only happen if you haven't used the app in the last 2 hours, otherwise the timer resets...