Universal Abyssrium (by SangHeon Kim)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by idle, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    You're way ahead of me. Only have a few fish as still concentrating on building up the coral. Thanks for the turtle tip. Bad news about the whales.

2. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I ended up emailing the Maf games dev. I'll see if he can give some tips. I'll keep taking pictures of fish. It wouldn't surprise me if I missed something.

I had a routine when it came to updating everything for max gains. Never hit a vitality wall, but I'm totally at a fish wall.

I spent most my gems on Delicious Food skill upgrade.

Upgrade my mountain as much as I can, use moon skill (increased vitality %) THEN delicious food, spend all that to upgrade the mountain, watch video to reset skills, repeat. Delicious Food scales to the mountain level so even a few levels will give decent gains if you have a decent skill multiplier.

When my vitality was 100-110 of something, then I would upgrade my coral starting from the newest/bottom coral (more gains). I could get each coral to 1 of that letter without stopping. (ie: 110.000R vitality, I can get all coral to 1.000R cost.)

Never leveled up coral in 25 level increments.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    What "other fish" ?
    What was the last fish u unlocked

4. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    #24 EverSoul, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    The last one I unlocked was the turtle. I'm not unlocking in order here, it's just what I can figure out. (The lowest fish on the list I've unlocked is the Sperm Whale, if that's what you're referring to.)

The take 3 pictures fish were easy. Everything else, it's just been dumb luck figuring out.

For example, I see there's a whale shark. (You press the "Manage" button you can see what youre missing) I've taken tons of pictures of great whites, threshers, etc. ....but that's not unlocking it.

5. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #25 spleen, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    You probably have all of these as I'm at 65 types of fish, too, but just in case:

Blue Clownfish - take a picture of a Clownfish 3 times
    Randall's Goby - Take a picutre of a Goby 3 times
    Spotted Mandarin Dragonet - Start application upon notification (I have them disabled, so not sure how this unlocked)
    Clown Tang - Take a picture of a Tang 5 times
    Cross Damsel - Take a picture of a Damsel 3 times
    *Jewel Damsel - Tap the upper left corner of the screen 1000 times
    Springer Dottyback - Share on Twitter 3 times
    Pajama Cardinal - Open application 20 times in one day
    Camel Cowfish - Share picture of Blowfish 3 times
    Potbelly Seahorse - Share picture of Seahorse 3 times
    *Pygmy Seahorse - Play at 4:00am 5 times
    Leatherback Turtle - Open Mystery Chest 50 times
    Mauve Stinger - Take a picture of Jellyfish 10 times
    Manta Ray - Share picture of Sting Ray on Twitter 3 times

*The Mountain gave clues about these in his little speech bubbles. I feel like there's something to the "What will happen if you do nothing for an hour?" text, but I'm not getting anywhere with it. Can't find any other clues/hints. I'm very much in the same boat as you.

6. RedBlueFire

RedBlueFire Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I am hooked to this game and I love it!!!!

Thanks for the hidden fish I missed one of those. Here's one:

Narwhal: tap the up left corner 5000 times

It's a big fish with a long nose

7. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ugh! I didn't think of that something strange in the upper left corner comment meaning tap there!

Thank you!!!

I need to check that list to make sure that's all I'm missing. It wouldn't surprise me if there was another corner to check or something for 100 chest opens. 10000 upper corner clicks?

I don't have twitter, but still got that reward...

8. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Yeah I actually don't have any of the social media accounts, but just clicking the share via button gives you the rewards (after notifying you no such account is associated with your phone).

If you've unlocked any fish other than the ones listed here would you mind posting how? Still working on that 5000 upper left taps one.

9. e7ven

e7ven Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Do nothing for one hour - Convict Tang ( white with black stripes )

10. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Does it not count if the app is minimized or running in the background? I feel like I should have that.

11. e7ven

e7ven Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I left the app open for a few hours when I unlocked that fish.
    Actually I fell asleep while playing lol. That music is so relaxing

12. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #32 spleen, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Yeah looks like it has to be running with the screen on, just tried doing nothing but hitting the power button to turn the screen off and no luck.

By the way has anyone downloaded the most recent update? They mention changing how the Delicious Food and Song of the Moon interact which makes me nervous as that is my main currency earner.

13. RedBlueFire

RedBlueFire Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I got all the fish except for about 4-5 hidden fish. I have no idea how to get them so I'm taking pictures of everything and sharing them. Hopefully something unlocks.

I really hope I can get the giant jellyfish without spending $27 Canadian tho

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Here's one not listed:

COMMERSON DOLPHIN
    - SAVE PICTURE OF LONELY CORALITE 3 TIMES

cute black and white dolphin :)

15. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm on the fence with this game. It is beautiful and the subject matter is pretty cool, but I feel like there's a persistent and forceful pay wall in order to make any real progress - I spend more time watching videos than I do "playing" the game. Really detracts from the overall experience.

16. RedBlueFire

RedBlueFire Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Thanks that was one of the few that I needed !

17. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #37 spleen, Jul 26, 2016
    I cannot for the life of me get the Commerson Dolphin to work, even put away all the fish so I was just taking photos of the Coralite but nope. Did discover:

French Angel - Save picture of Angel 3 times
    Hammerhead Shark - Save picture of Shark 3 times

18. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #38 KeKhan, Jul 26, 2016
    When in camera mode, you can TAP to focus the camera - if you tap on the corelite you will see a white square centered on the corelite.
    Take a pic and save!

Make sure the square isn't on a fish.
    Also make sure to click SAVE after each:)

Thanks for the Angel tip!! Needed that one

19. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #39 spleen, Jul 26, 2016
    Was there a specific angle you took the photos from or area you tap to focus? I've been tapping the Coralite (centered focus like when you start the camera) and tried from a few different angles. When I choose to share via Facebook or Twitter it captions the photo "My AbyssRium:)" rather than the name of a fish, so it isn't focusing on a fish. I must have over 100 photos of it saved by now. =P There must be something more to it than simply taking and saving 3 photos of the Coralite otherwise you'd be able to unlock the dolphin right at the start.

Also worth noting, I downloaded the most recent update and the Delicious Food and Song of the Moon interaction is a bit wonky now. It still works as it used to, but I don't think that is as intended. I currently have Delicious Food lv 4 (8000x vitality per tap) and Song of the Moon lv 3 (all vitality production increased 700%) and a base vitality per click of 426.9Y. When I activate Song of the Moon then Delicious Food it gives 23.9AA (426.9Y*700*8000) but the message claims it's only rewarding 3.4AA, which would suggest the Delicious Food skill is meant to ignore the Song of the Moon multiplier...

20. SSJEV

SSJEV Member

Jul 26, 2016
    #40 SSJEV, Jul 26, 2016
    Does anyone know how to get the whale shark and hidden boxfish?

For the Commerson, try taking and saving photos of a dolphin 3 times. Taking pictures of the coralite didn't work for me as well.

Also, for the dragonette I turned on notifications (I originally declined notifications) but I'm not getting any. Does anyone know how to re-enable notifications?