About Armed Heroes Online vs. Torchlight (response from EGLS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Serena zhang, Jul 17, 2012.

1. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Anyone at Valve listening?

2. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    i knew that was the answer you would give,because it was the sensible one.

3. himmatsj

himmatsj Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Torchlight is 40% off...howz that? http://store.steampowered.com/app/41500/

4. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
  5. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    Hey, no problem. I was initially curious to know who is right and who is wrong and that's why I decided to verify it for myself and share the findings result with the rest of you.

And if ANY of you don't believe my findings, then they also can verify it for themselves following the method i stated in the post in previous page.

Good luck, Travis. I think you really should be planning for iOS port now. (maybe you are already) All these publicity would be a waste if iOS port is not launched soon. I am particularly interested to get a copy for my iPad, eventhough if it's 10bucks. ;)

6. Skillmaster19

Skillmaster19 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well considering a lot of people's opinions got set by the main page article, large amounts of people joined to discuss the issue, I must say the poll would be biased.

7. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    torchlight is now $3.74 in steam. buy that instead of this stealing game.
    the main post is just made to "downplay" the differences. and is a blatant lie for damage control. they stole assets from torchlight and runic has confirmed that. twice

whoever still actually defend AH is just ignorant. or... just wow

8. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
  9. Skillmaster19

Dec 9, 2010
    #169 Skillmaster19, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Torchlight is trash... don't waste your money on it. Can't go 20 seconds without the game glitching up... idk why they would even sell it in its current state... its a scam. Your character literally falls through the floor within the first 20 seconds of playing, then the screen starts flipping out...

10. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    o_O I've never ever had that happen. Game works great for me on Mac and on Xbox 360.

Sure you're not just trolling at this point?

11. Skillmaster19

Dec 9, 2010
    Maybe its just poorly programmed for pc, idk as I haven't played it on Xbox or Mac. but I played it on windows and it was full of bugs.

12. bluebooger

bluebooger New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    not quite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLMfqMJfqsQ

13. jipiyilu

jipiyilu Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Friendly fire? ROFL

14. Ganesha

Ganesha New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    you can definitely steal things that were created by yourself

what you create when you work for a company belongs to the company not yourself. if you reuse the stuff when you start your own business, that is definitely stealing.

15. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    #175 justln, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Oh wow, an Internet troll. Can I pet it?

Hundreds of thousands of players have completed the game without any issues. It's a great game with rave reviews.
    Seriously, your lack of common sense is terrifying.

For those who are interested in Torchlight 1, Torchlight 2 comes with a free copy of it. It's a better deal IMO.

16. Trololol

Trololol New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    I installed Armed Heroes and it broke my iPad, it now doesn't boot. Also, some money has gone missing from my account. And my dog died. This is all true fact and unproveable to the contrary.

Ban me please - I just registered to tell Skillmaster19 he's an amusing little boy who probably needs to wait until he's all grown up if he expects anybody to take his nonsense seriously. You sound a bit like a spoiled 16 year old child, and quite a lot of the internet is laughing at you (or going 'awwww' of course). The parts of it that aren't spoiled teenagers, at any rate.

Whatever silly retort you're about to bash out on your long-suffering keyboard is irrelevant; I know you care about what people think about you, because you're acting the spoiled child and whatever you type you're feeling angry and impotent and stamping your little feet in frustration. It's so sweet!

You 'lose', just by being you (and also by thinking there's ever a 'win')! Come back in a few years, kid, and read the stupid you just posted. You'll feel embarassed, no doubt, but it's okay. We're all young once. It's not a crime.

Absolutely - copying and pasting other peoples' stuff is wrong. However, only one party here has done that. If you think applying skills and experiences is wrong, you should probably petition to have all ex-employees lobotomised the moment they walk out of the office. Good luck with that! You're not acting particularly bright either, are you?

You're all so precious! Group hug?

Anyway, bye!

17. Geta-Ve

Geta-Ve Well-Known Member

For you maybe. For the other 95% of players it worked like a charm, myself included.

*shrug*

Just because you now realize that EGLS was clearly in the wrong doesn't mean you should start attacking Torchlight.

Jesus, have some humility.

18. talimorrigan

talimorrigan Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Never had any single issue on my PC.

In fact, it is one of the MOST stable games I've ever tried, played for hours and so far, not a single crash. NOT ONE! Zilch, Zero, none, nada! And it runs practically anywhere :)

Try reinstalling or looking over the web for the specific issue, because this sounds more like it is your pc.

Even then, a buggy game doesnt mean its a bad one, does anyone remember "boiling Point"? Buggy like hell, but fun :)

19. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Does this remind anyone else of politics?

Damning accusation made with supporting evidence...person on the defense denies (without explaining the denial), changes subject and goes on attack with quasi-tangental comparison.

The sound file is the proverbial hand-caught-in-the-cookie-jar. [.jar, to you closeted Java devs out there on the iOS forums].

It is one thing to to point out that the spiders from both games feature the amount of legs (scandal!). Spiders tend to do that.

It is another another thing entirely to point out that, say, the sound files feature the same...well, sound files. Files between games generally DON'T tend to do that, and for good reason.