About Armed Heroes Online vs. Torchlight (response from EGLS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Serena zhang, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    This.
    :mad:;):D

2. Fair enough :) but seriously you should consider it :$

3. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    dude tbaldtree you would make a killing if torchlight 1 or 2 came to the ios i know i would buy it...torchlight cured the diablo 2 itch , then diablo 3 came out but i really cant wait for torchlight 2 its supposed to have multiplayer too....

4. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    i love real games on my ipad, being able to set on the couch with my chick and "watch" Snow Falling on Seeders while i play Bards tale or Avernum is the bees's knees.

I would gladly pay top dollar for Torchlight on ol'paddy.

(throws cash wrapped rock at Travis)

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, most likely.

He's not being funny or exaggerating, folks. Those of us wanting TL2 are... anxious, to say the least. (especially since Diablo 3 failed to satisfy the dungeon crawling itch we've been scratching at all these years.)

Perhaps after TL2 is released, we can see something from the Torchlight world on the iOS market? Even if it's just a game of you and your pet fishing up rare catches in different locations?

I'd buy it, at least...

6. lockeslylcrit

lockeslylcrit Member

Jul 18, 2012
    For me, Titan Quest was the game that scratched the Diablo II itch. Torchlight was the one that scratched the modding itch.

7. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    #147 Toghopper, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    yes dude TQ is the Shit!...can i cuss here?
    any way im leveling a Haruspex right now.. literally tabbing out to surf these forums!

Just started Sacred as well, not as good as TQ but its aiiight

8. Hawkn

Hawkn Member

Jul 17, 2012
    They stole art and sound assets, not code.

9. talimorrigan

talimorrigan Member

Jul 18, 2012
    #149 talimorrigan, Jul 18, 2012
    duplicate

10. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    i realize this isnt the time for this,but i also cant miss a good opportunity when i see one and it would be a shame to not get the opinion of someone in the industry when i can.

Travis, what is you opinion here?
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/06/ea-senior-vp-comments-on-steam-sales-%E2%80%9Ci-just-think-it-cheapens-your-intellectual-property-%E2%80%9D/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/16/steam-deals-dont-cannibalise-sales-says-valves-director-of-business-management/

again.not trying to derail here, "Almost heroes" or whatever can cram it with wallnuts

11. #151 Connector, Jul 18, 2012
    Thanks for sharing this with us, it was very interesting, we need to start a poll on this thread to vote for guilty or not guilty. Bet you it would run about 98 percent guilty, even though on the threads it doesn't appear that way...

Some say that Touch Arcaders are for the bad guys, but I don't think it is true...

12. talimorrigan

talimorrigan Member

Jul 18, 2012
    #152 talimorrigan, Jul 18, 2012
    I feel sad for you not know what racism is. This case is not racism, simply because it is a statement of fact. It would be racism if I claimed that every chinese is incapable of something, which I did not, and if I ever did that, I would be wrong. The best thing you can accuse me of is xenophobia, and that is stretching the definition. What you should see is that it was a harmless joke about the bootlegged products commonly made in China referencing to actual hightech and other things they obviously do for other countries... And referencing the fact that most of the "original" item they create is, Instead of creating a competing item, a cheap copy of one. they do obviously create some original products of topnotch quality like some...ermmm cards for nintendo DS(which I will not name them)

Now, can we return to the original subject?
    Lastly, it is NOT a dude, but a girl.

Thank you.

PS: You can ban me, but rest assured, you will be wrong.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not denying their ability or capability, I'm just pointing out that they have the capability of creating an equal or superior product to any western product(Europe, N.A. Japan...etc) but instead, they choose to create knock offs.

13. tbaldree

tbaldree Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Game Developer
    Seattle
  14. talimorrigan

talimorrigan Member

Jul 18, 2012
    .. Yep, See that torch over there... and that pitchfork? Currently being used against the EGLS... :) I dont get to take them out for a spin very often, but when I do... I do it like a Boss :p

No need to say more :D

Regards
    From a very dear, and lovably raging fan :) :eek::D

15. Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus Well-Known Member

And after the PC game is released, at some point the Mac version! ^_^ Wooot <3

By the way, I got to know about this from Joystiq.

16. Hawkn

Hawkn Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Two weeks after the EA dude said that, Origin had a big sale.

17. dmyers

dmyers Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    #157 dmyers, Jul 18, 2012
    Don't have much to add to the discussion I suppose, it seems fairly cut and dry (and has since tbaldree's first comment in the other thread). The rebuttal from the AoH dev was nothing but misdirection, ignoring the accusations and posting unrelated materials to support their claim. It's amazing to me that the conversation has continued, and there are still people supporting the AoH dev. Perhaps those few supporters truly are just trolling.

18. ghOti

ghOti New Member

Dec 28, 2009
    16 pages spawned by a single post that reads like an expert's guide to internet argument. This has been the absolutely perfect troll.

I am in awe. Hats off, Serena zhang.

19. Ironbuddha

Ironbuddha Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Well the good news is

This inspired me to buy TL 1 and 2 on Steam.

20. takosmegas

takosmegas New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    you guys are a bunch of unintelligent ####s. first of all you did no research at all because if you did you would know that Runic made Fate in the first place and the models you have shown in comparison to WoW models were stolen from TL and not WoW while you didnt show many of the other models that were stolen.

stop making awful shit like this and accept your defeat like men and dont try to hide behind your fingers. you wouldnt want runic to sue you now would you?