About Armed Heroes Online vs. Torchlight (response from EGLS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Serena zhang, Jul 17, 2012.

1. LilNomad94

LilNomad94 New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    You're Canadian so you probably have about 5 teeth. That being said, I wouldn't use the word, "stupidity." I jumped into the thread rather quickly so I wouldn't have known that the game was even free. You're just another asshole behind a computer screen.

2. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i downloaded the game and yes runic have the rigths here even the level up sound is the same as torchlight the only thing missing is the voice saying "you have gaine fame" LOL

3. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Never hurts to read the thread your about to post in before you post,chances are your questions/arguments have been answered already. Also can we just agree that everyone is stupid whether your Canadian,Chinese,American or where ever you crawled outta yur mothers womb.

4. Skillmaster19

Skillmaster19 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Oh please, there are plenty of Torchlight fanboys in here...

5. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    While we have you here, what is your defense about them ripping the sounds from Torchlight? Even keeping the same sound names and misspellings?

6. Toghopper

Toghopper Active Member

Jul 14, 2012
    #206 Toghopper, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    This.

Hey skill man,im not trying to attack you in anyway. Me and you, were cool:cool: a couple of fonzies, ya dig? But i would like to know your opinion on this man, those are some big coincidences and i just want to get you take on it.

And im with you man AH looks fun, i love ios gaming and we need more arpgs there, amirite?

7. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    At this point the torchlight guys should be pretty happy

1) the app will be removed just a question of when
    2) they are getting so much free advertisement they prob had a decent increase in sales

8. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    First off, you're an idiot. Anyone that wants to make generalizations about a whole country is.

I don't see how there's even a discussion here. It seems pretty obvious that runic is 100% in the right.

I tried and deleted this game before this whole issue of theft of Intellectual property started. It's really not great in any way. Americans won't be missing a thing by not trying this game.

This whole situation is a waste of runic's time, which is pretty crappy. Hope it doesn't detract from the efforts on TL2.

The real losers here are going to be the people that have invested in this game though. If anyone's reading this I would suggest not getting the game on moral / ethical issues. If you do, don't spend any money in it. It's likely to get pulled from the AppStore and you'll lose your investment.

9. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #209 Delusionaltool, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    Patrick is on the ball, his article is up on giantbomb now...

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-case-against-armed-heroes-online/4278/

and skillmaster omfg just stop, you are being ridiculous, you say your 16 and all this, I still think you work for Egls and are just trolling the forums for them LOL, you even said how torchlight is the buggiest game and just made up some straight BS about it RIDICULOUS!!!!, your the only one who is sticking up for Egls, as i said a few pages i dont care about the graphics we all know what happened there (ASSets), but if you want to protect a game you know is going to be pulled soon your words mean nothing, we all know you have racked like 20 hours in the game, get over it.... Now explain your self about how you can protect them when there using the same sound files including the miss-spelled sound file i mean there is more then one person asking the same thing. I cant wait to see what you come up with prob some more BS about Torchlight which only happens to you LOL.

bottom line is EGLS did what they did and they cant even admit their wrongs all they gotta do is pull the game to avoid the onslaught of Runic lawyers devouring the company, Runic and TBaldtree have all been pretty level headed over all this even giving Egls a chance to fix it, just change the game to add their own models and assets be done with all this, now we got news articles from game media all over the web Egls dug this grave for them selves and they are just sinking lower and lower.

10. talimorrigan

talimorrigan Member

Jul 18, 2012

xxxx

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You or talimorrigan may disagree with me -- that's your prerogative. But national insults are not allowed on TA (and that's what the phrase "have you seen anything original that actually works and of good quality coming from there" is"), a rule that I fully intend to enforce. Please keep that in mind if you intend to make further contributions to this topic.

That goes for other folks, too BTW.

12. Yes but Don't you think that was rather "stupid"? And yea I'm Canadian but that doesn't have anything to do me calling you stupid or not. Btw I don't calll just anyone stupid unless they do idiotic things such as yourself my kind sir. I mean joining a game thread to stop removal of a game from the AppStore by Making an agreement on sharing royalties when the game is free. Now you tell me how smart that was? I apologize if I hurt your feelings though. I am a nice person if you get to know me but I'm sure everyone will agree what you did was infact stupid. And please stop crying bout this game being removed from the AppStore I mean seriously guys have your parents ever taught you any moral values? Anyways good Luck runic!

13. Ive never played any of runic's games as I dnt even have a proper working pc and I don't have any consoles either. I do almost everything on my iPad, and I can definitely say what was done was extremely irresponsible and wrong of EGLS. Just saying many people haven't even heard bout torchlight until this whole issue came up s please do yourself a favour and stop posting here because you have forever ruined the sanctity of TA with your poor thought out post and the very fact that your are still defending thieves means you are just that selfish. I'm actually still surprised why Eli hasnt IP banned you yet, so consider yourself lucky and please just stop posting here unless you have solid proof that what EGLS did wasn't wrong. Oh and good luck finding that proof ;)

14. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I for sure never heard of TL or Runic before, but thanks to all this crazyness im really curious about this games and gonna get'em as soon as I can!

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

TL was 3.74 usd yesterday on steam. I think it's still with some discount.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The game's a necessity for fans of action-RPGs/dungeon crawlers. Currently on sale on Steam. Need to replay it before the sequel is out!

17. metalslime

metalslime Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Torchlight is an awesome game! I'd highly recommend it to anyone that hasn't played it yet. Only $8.99 on Steam too. It'll prep you up for Torchlight II coming soon.

18. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Damn now I want it even more, need to get home now! Stupid job and stupid real life getting in the way of my enjoyment!

Also interested in FATE. Good and well deserved publicity for Runic Games came out of all this cr ap.

19. talimorrigan

talimorrigan Member

Jul 18, 2012

Oh, ok. My apologies, you are right, oxford dictionary, thesaurus, other people and me are wrong. I'll send an e-mail to the company behind oxford dictionary to delete their outrageously erroneous definition of racism, and include yours instead.

[​IMG]

20. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Just when I thought the thread couldn't go further downhill...