Abortion Simulator (by Kierun Studios) [Rejected by Apple]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kierun Studios, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Abortion can save life believe it or not, its important to give women the right to perform one if the kid is unwanted (rape or else). This game is a bit scandalous but isn't scandalous at the same time. It brings awareness yes but it's really disturbing at the same time.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Well said.
    Not to mention several medical indications that can make one a necessity.

Frankly, I'm appalled only by the attitudes displayed here by fellow TA'lers. As an atheist myself, most by the guy who pulled the "this would even creep out atheists" card. How about no?
    It's abortion, so what? It's 2017, not 1017. And not bloody Ireland either.

The devs have my deepest respect, gratitude and sympathy for tackling such a topic.

And that's all I'm going to say here.

3. tobie_!

tobie_! Active Member

Jul 18, 2009
    creative director
    berlin, germany
    Word!

4. Rip73™

Rip73™ New Member

Apr 29, 2017
    #24 Rip73™, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    The whole nation of Ireland might well be equally as appalled by the attitude displayed in that.
    Pretty sure perpetuating one stereotype while decrying another doesn’t really make for a cognizant counter point.

5. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    As much as I'm against abortion I'm rooting for birth control,because our planet is already quite saturated.
    I pulled this card just because atheists don't judge from "ancient religion"point of view,to many of them such acts seem normal just because the living being is incapable of feeling anything while dying so it must be okay,even if it is done due to such wish and not due to need to save woman's life.

I'm against taking lives of unarmed innocent people,both in real life and in video games,if they show it in a very realistic manner,that's it.

Even acts in games that depict killing innocent people disgust me (play KOTOR as a dark sided character,as an instance),I'm not talking about killing goombas in Mario or civilians in GTA,because those acts in these games are depicted in a comical way,none of these characters have any feelings or emotions.

To the developers:

As I said,I would not be against this "game" if such acts would be shown as something that is not a good thing to do,as a moral lesson and not like:"kill as many of them as you can to get the high score!"

6. Kierun Studios

Kierun Studios Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Game Development
    Mumbai
    Update

Rejection emails came through.

Thank you all for your criticism/support. We also don't wish to release it on any non-'age restricted platform'.

This app is officially 'aborted'.

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I'm shocked.

8. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    sad... :(

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I think that's the point! #Remember, these are the same guys who made Shower Buddy!
    Anyway, I knew this would get deep-sixed! As it should be........ #