Abortion Simulator (by Kierun Studios) [Rejected by Apple]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kierun Studios, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kierun Studios

Kierun Studios Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Game Development
    Mumbai
    Ever wondered what really happens during an abortion.
    Abortion Simulator will put you right in the middle of the surgery room and let you perform various abortions. You'll handle abortions of pregnancies from few weeks to all the way 24+ week complex cases.
    Coming Soon to iOS and Android.

Attached Files:

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    On the list of "things that don't need simulating unless you're in training" this must be right up there.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Get ready for the first real controversial game that may lead to more strict gaming guidelines

4. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This is sick,makes me want to puke,would anybody in sane mind make such "game"?I think that this would creep out even atheists that don't judge this terrible act from religious point of view.

Anyway,wish you success with apple reviewing your game before releasing it into the AppStore :)

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

6. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Seriously? Comon dev get a fing life

7. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    This is disgusting flame bait. Go away this thread will disappear just like your pathetic fake app.

8. Grantlionheart

Sep 20, 2016
    Yes it creeps me out but the only group attribute you should be applying to athiests is lack of faith, anything else is incorrect. And as for whether the game should be banned, of course it should, but i would argue something like this out in the public would only push more people away from abortions because it would show them the reality of it. So with that said i kind of wish it wasnt banned.

9. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Not only that,mate.Notice that it has these childish graphics that all these doctor games for kids in the AppStore have,it really horrifies me,at least make it gloomy and dark,that would have been a better message.

10. johnthree

johnthree Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Before assuming this is "sick". Consider this game may be raising awareness, by educating us about the realities of an abortion. Which may in turn help someone who's pro-life, more seriously and deeply re-examine his or her stance.

11. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Can't wait to try this game out.

12. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    "Ever wonder what really happens during an abortion?"... no

13. Fish alan

Fish alan Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Are there achievements or leaderboards?

14. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Agreed. FUBAReason

15. Fish alan

Fish alan Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    All kidding and comments towards the appropriateness of such a title aside, I am curious to hear from the developer as to what exactly the motivation behind this project actually is. There are a lot of questions that deserve some sort of response. It is obviously a very polarizing subject and something that shouldn't be treated as a "game". This is a gaming forum and site, so posting it here is labelling it as precisely that. Further, it could be considered distasteful to mirror the style of a lot of kid friendly, cartoony games, especially when dealing with a topic like this.

I don't have kids but if I did, this is not how I would want them to learn about the topic. There is a part of me that wonders if we are all being pranked with this. If so, well done. But again, without hearing from the developer, I can't know that.

Regardless, I doubt that this will ever pass the Apple review process. I will be completely shocked if it does.

16. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    This.

17. Kierun Studios

Kierun Studios Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Game Development
    Mumbai
    Guys,

Just to clarify, Our intent with this Simulator was not to make fun of the sensitive topic of abortion or to steer your opinion about it in a particular direction.

Most people we surveyed, Abortion, was a black box to them. Pregnant women goes in a clinic, comes out with foetus aborted. Everything that happens in between, nobody could speak much about it.

Our intent with this simulator was to give a bird’s eye view of the process that happens in between.
    Become aware about
    * Chemical vs Surgical approaches.
    * How procedure varies based on further you are in the pregnancy.
    * How complexity varies based on weeks.

There are no scores, coins, leaderboards or achievements, because we saw it more as a simulator to just walk you through the process.

Also we have proper content rating in place to avoid kids downloading it.

KS.

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    KS thanks for the info
    I don't see any issue with it at all
    Abortion exists and while it is taboo I think people need a lot more education about the subject
    It's just like a lot of things these days people diss it etc and have zero knowledge of it
    And for those that are political whacks I'm not for or against it I think it's 100% up to the woman
    I have two kids so obviously me and my wife didn't choose that path but I would not criticize someone who did

19. amaurote

amaurote Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    abortion is sick. but this game is not.

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    why do people care so much about strangers making decisions that have zero effect on them?
    It's so stupid
    i don't care if my neighbor gets an abortion as long as they arent trying to come over and kill
    my kids
    I don't care if my neighbor sleeps with the same sex it has zero to do with my life and it's their choice
    I don't care if my neighbor chooses to do drugs as long as he is only harming himself and not others

This is a strange time to live
    such a self righteous society