Universal AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (F = M x A) - (by Dejobaan) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    -.- no gamecenter achivements... well that was a big disappointment... can't you add like 10 achievements or something? for some reason, I hate playing games that don't have achivements.. :( pls add this asap :)?

2. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Loving this game. Great arcade fun. The menus are bright, interesting, and stylish. The mechanics are tight, and the music is upbeat. The gameplay itself is immediate and rewarding. A fun ride. In comparison to cinema it's a feel good popcorn movie.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've bought a ton of apps this week, but held off on some titles including this one...

So... Should I buy this?

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This game is good. But somehow, it doesn't amaze me that much. I find it not to be that immersive (for example, I'm blown away by Waking Mars). But production is flawless. Definitely a great game. I'm just not really hooked.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This game is better on iPad - more immersive on one. It's still good on iPhone, but I'm going to switch to playing on the iPad. I'm still not really blown away by it, but it is enjoyable and each run is short enough that it's a good pick up and play game. Plus lots of levels to unlock. So, yeah, I think I'd recommend it.

6. Slimey

Slimey Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I would appreciate it even more if it had 3rd person camera like one older falling game for iOS (can't remember it's name)

7. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Continuing to really enjoy this game. Worked out that spectators and protesters are only on some levels and it's indicated in the level descriptions. Got the spray paint going now too!!!

Loads of levels to keep me busy!!!

8. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    > With the hope of NOT inflaming the always flammatory touch versus tilt debacle

Too late. I'm on the side of nose controls. Or possibly smell controls.

> is there any hope of touch controls for those of us who do believe that Aaaaa's tilt controls are wonderful, but can never quite get used to any kind of tilt mechanics (Pizza vs. Skeletons and Space Tripper be durned)?

I tell you what -- I don't have much reputation left in the industry...

[​IMG]

...but what I do have left, I will stake on the proposition that you will become enamored of the tilt controls. So much so that you'll want to throw your fingers away. If I'm wrong, next time I see you, beer is on me!

> -.- no gamecenter achivements... well that was a big disappointment... can't you add like 10 achievements or something? for some reason, I hate playing games that don't have achivements..

Man, if that's a big disappointment, you are going to hate when the Cheerios run out tomorrow morning. :) Okay -- we do not have achievements planned out at the mo, but I will make you a deal: if we add them, drop me a note as we do, and I will add the "Dylan Mannen and Mark Twain Fantastic Sensual Achievement." (No kidding!)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dejobaan posted and i like his post. LOL.

So, I am getting this NOW.

10. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Also: a big thanks to those of you posting your kudos for the game! We worked super hard to polish it, and I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. :D

I've never read a TouchArcade thread from the developer's perspective. It's interesting to see our baby squozen out into the real world and meeting everyone.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Any plans to add randomized levels at some point or at least randomized placement of the glass panes so it isn't all about memorizing some single ideal path through a level?

12. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    hahaha xD that sounds awesome :p if I hear any plans for adding Achievements, I'll make sure to send you a note :p

13. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    > Any plans to add randomized levels at some point or at least randomized placement of the glass panes so it isn't all about memorizing some single ideal path through a level?

Hadn't thought about that for the iOS version. Though on memorizing: my hope was that you'd actually try different paths out and eventually optimize your route. Sometimes, the scoring plates lie.

14. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Sometimes? More like almost everytime haha, they're very devious ;)

Seriously though, I love this game.

15. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I figured the higher scoring plates were generally on riskier routes. Randomizing may makes sense in some levels, less sense in others, etc. I like how the fans and protesters are randomized tho :)

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I didnt know the subtle magic this game does to me that i love it so much. Then i realized... This isnt so different from a running game. In a sense, it is actually a running game! See sig.

I am high. Everything is well.

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As I'm almost considering taking the plunge, how do these spectators/protesters work? Are they on the ground or actually hanging out on the building? Do you need to bump into them or just the moment you see them on screen hit the correct button?

18. liquidized

liquidized New Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Bronx, NY
    There was a PC version of this years ago, if I'm not mistaken.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you check out the promotional video, they mentioned a brief history of how this game came about, including the original which was on the PC. :)

20. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Spectators/Protestors: As you fall, there will be catwalks with people on them. If blue, they are fans and if red they are protestors. As you approach they will flash. You have to tap the corresponding red or blue button and fall near them to be "seen".

Many levels do not have this mechanic and there are levels where it is the central mechanic. Very well mixed in IMHO.