Universal AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (F = M x A) - (by Dejobaan) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    That just might seal the deal!

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Didn't make it to 11 last nite but just picked this up this morning. Will give it a go on my commuter train this AM.

3. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Finally a version of the game I can play! The tilt control is spot on, and a lot easier for me than with mouse. Brilliant port, and the definitive version as far as I'm concern.

4. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #64 GregB, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    Game is SO good!!! Def play with headphones at least for a bit to enjoy the music and menu sounds. Levels are varied. Love the cars going up and down the buildings - reminds me of Bladerunner.

Question: I unlocked the Glove but have yet to see any fans or protestors. Do they only appear in later levels?

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes:

With the hope of NOT inflaming the always flammatory touch versus tilt debacle, is there any hope of touch controls for those of us who do believe that Aaaaa's tilt controls are wonderful, but can never quite get used to any kind of tilt mechanics (Pizza vs. Skeletons and Space Tripper be durned)?

(I am well aware that many games are simply made for and intended to be enjoyed with tilt controls, but I've also learned that even in these cases, touch can be a smart move for devs, even if the devs themselves find such controls wholly unfeasible, as many players might not. Kinda the same debate as porting to iPhone from iPad, that even if the devs themselves can't see the game being properly enjoyed on such a small screen, many players might, and the increase in sales and attention might be worth the effort.)

6. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Bought this for iPhone 4s last night and played a few levels, looks and plays great! Controls are wonderful although I realized it is best to play this game with your phone leveled (as if it is sitting on a table or something).

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Alright, I think I'll give this a shot. TA review and others are convincing me.

8. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Kinda sad I bought this. Ill give it more tries soon, but just do not like it so far.

9. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Is there calibration for the tilt controls? Anyone had a go with the tilting on the iPad?

10. OwlchemyLabs

OwlchemyLabs Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Game Studio
    Boston, MA
    There's calibration :)
    Each time you play a level, when you tap to begin, the angle that your device is currently oriented to is used as the 'zero point'.

There's sensitivity adjustment :)
    In the setup page, you can adjust the Accelerometer sensitivity to your liking

There's even look controls! :)
    Enable look speed in the setup screen and enjoy dragging on the screen with any finger to look in any direction!

Also, Hi. One of the developers here. :)

11. Reese015

Reese015 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic, already one of my top favorites. Only complaint: performance could be slightly better on iPhone 4. It's by no means problematic but this is the type of game that really needs a damn slick framerate to feel right.

12. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Can anyone confirm that it runs smoothly on 3GS?? If that so, I'll buy

13. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Only minor niggle is I would like a Fly Again option after successfully completing a level. There is Try Again after a crash, but if I land I have to go back to the level select and pick the level again to try to improve my score (just one more try!).

14. OwlchemyLabs

OwlchemyLabs Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Game Studio
    Boston, MA
    I can confirm the buttery smooth 3gs performance, but then again, I was the one optimizing performance on it so I can't be trusted :)

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've only just started it, but after 4 levels, so far I'd say it's just OK. I'm having buyers regret and thinking I should have gone with my gut instinct after seeing the video. At the moment, at least, it definitely feels like a lesser 99 cent game that costs $2.99. Maybe it will grow on me, though. I guess I'll find out.

16. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    Ok. Lets say I believe you just like I would believe anyone who was not involved in development of this game. ;) ...You got my 3$

17. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    It gets better after the first few levels in my opinion, those are more introductory levels. It's a little more crazy later on (you will die more), then add the wave/flipoff/spraypaint buttons to the mix and it really takes alot of concentraion to score high and not splat against a building.

18. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    > Maybe it will grow on me, though. I guess I'll find out.

I hope you stick with it; we had a lot of fun creating it, and I think the complexity builds slowly but surely.

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    With the hope of NOT inflaming the always flammatory touch versus tilt debacle, is there any hope of touch controls for those of us who do believe that Aaaaa's tilt controls are wonderful, but can never quite get used to any kind of tilt mechanics (Pizza vs. Skeletons and Space Tripper be durned)?

(I am well aware that many games are simply made for and intended to be enjoyed with tilt controls, but I've also learned that even in these cases, touch can be a smart move for devs, even if the devs themselves find such controls wholly unfeasible, as many players might not. Kinda the same debate as porting to iPhone from iPad, that even if the devs themselves can't see the game being properly enjoyed on such a small screen, many players might, and the increase in sales and attention might be worth the effort.)

20. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Has anyone discovered any stunts other than "Threading the Needle"?