Universal AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! (F = M x A) - (by Dejobaan) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    It has no other content than just the levels in the game. Are there any modes in the game?

A game doesn't need to have a ton of content to make it successful or fun. Do the awards say it won "Most Content of the Year for a Game"? No. Of course, the game looks amazing and it looks good but, Im just asking if there are more than just the levels.

2. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    You are my new favorite developer :D

3. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    You weren't fine with 0 levels? What's wrong with you? :p

4. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    This looks pretty cool...can't wait to hear some impressions.

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Haha you got me there :rolleyes:

6. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
  7. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Does it make pizza taste better?

Will it cure my cat's hair balls?

Does it unclog toilets?

C'mon - quit holding out on us. Spill the beans already.

8. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  9. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Nice trailer. Sick looking game. U guys are gonna be rich.

Game and menus look soooo polished. Will it polish my shoes?

10. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    > Does it make pizza taste better?

Yes, but not by altering the pizza -- have you had miracle fruit? It does that, but with meat.

> Will it cure my cat's hair balls?

I'm not sure you own a cat. I think you are trying to trip me up.

> Does it unclog toilets?

I was originally going to have the trailer be someone sitting on the toilet, playing the entire thing, so let's go with "yes."

> Will it polish my shoes?

No, but if you come to PAX East, I will polish your shoes, if you want. I figure a dose of humility on my part never hurts.

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Definitely enough content.

My three cats do not like you though. Maybe I can bring them to PAX East and you can shine their shoes.

I would post a pic of the kitties but I lack the technology. All I have is two iPhones and an iPad.

EDIT: Well, just one iPhone. My wife has the other iPhone and iPad. But I have all the games.

12. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    You have to remember that this game is completely 3D and most 3D games for this price don't give much content, because 3D is harder to do than 2D. Mission Europa, while a great game, is not nearly as polished, and the levels are somewhat randomized and reuse bits and pieces a lot. I see your point and would have been slightly happier if this game had been $1, but for what we are getting for the price is very reasonable. Heck, even $10 for the steam version is kind of a steal. I guess we'll just have to play the game to see for sure, huh?

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Wow, that sounds familiar. =)

14. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I absolutely love the previous games on my Mac.

Question: Can you only move to the sides and forward/back? What I mean is, can you rotate the character like in the desktop version or is that not available due to the platform? I think it would definitely be possible since the newer devices have the gyroscope but I could also see why this might not be done. Just wondering. Can't wait to get this.

15. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    > Can you only move to the sides and forward/back? What I mean is, can you rotate the character like in the desktop version or is that not available due to the platform? I think it would definitely be possible since the newer devices have the gyroscope but I could also see why this might not be done.

Either an interesting playability note or a boring one, depending on your perspective of game development: We'd actually gone through a number of iterations where you could control panning around the center. Drag your finger up and down to tilt your head. Drag right and left to roll around Earth normal. Hitting a building rolled you out of control for a while.

tl;dr: People hated us, so it's just lateral motion with no panning. :)

16. BirkusTheGreat

BirkusTheGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Holy crap. This game is amazing. The humor is great, the levels are stylish, the gameplay is addicting, the music is interesting. Wow. Way better than expected

17. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Yeah, I agree. $3 is so little but in the AppStore it seems like way more than just $3. I am currently on the fence as I will wait for more impressions. You can never trust the AppStore reviews.

18. dejobaan

dejobaan Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I've just finished off the trailer. Based on this thread, I added a bit to demonstrate mechanics. I hope this gives folks some idea about what the game looks/plays like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSSVX7j7efY

I'm going to sleep. Whew. :)

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Frontpage review is up.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This game has some of the best tilt controls since Tilt to Live SD/HD. Excellent work by Owlchemy Labs in translating Dejobaan's gem to iOS.