A way to solve the 9 page limit?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jordancoolj, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Hi, i'm new to the touch arcade forum so go easy on me...
    hi, i have yet to reach the 9 page limit so this isnt a problem for me but on the iphone games part of the forum, people are moaning that to many people start threads about the 9 page limit and how they arn't happy with it.

i was wondering if it is possible to create an app that stores apps on it, as in, you go into the app and you find a list of all of your aps that cant fit onto the homepages, from thee you just touch the app you ant and it will come up.
    i dont know if that is too crazy or it can be done but it ould solve alot of peoples problems and stop lots of moaning!

if nobody on the app store can do it, surely apple could come out with something like it on a later software uptade or something, kinda like a folder for all of the apps that wont fit on the 9 homepages.
    does anyone have any feedback on the idea?:)

2. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Obviously it's going to be like that. Don't know when.

With jailbroken iPhone it's possible to do this already, but it looks quite rough (as all the jailbroken stuff) and not so attractive.

3. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008

I don't know what jailbroken iPhone you have been looking at but the springboards of all jailbroken iPhones i have seen are the cleanest and most attractive springboards there are. Don't talk down on Jailbreak simply because you don't have the heart to do it. The iPhone/ iPodtouch is not a sacred item to everybody, some get it to experiment on it.

4. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I own an iPhone and an iPod Touch that I'm not using anymore.

All the jailbroken devices I've seen looks so bad, but people have crap taste.

5. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    public servant
    nowhere near you!
    word on that. i've got a jailbroken iphone just so i could unlock it via software - but i hate the "underground" feeling of the stuff in jailbroken devices. gosh, if i couldn't hide cydia/installer icons, i would regret having it unlock via software...

it's like a bland linux compared to os x - almost the same, but way too different...

6. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I never messed with themes when I JBed, I tend to agree they looked amateurish.

Categories is one of the things I miss though and if I could JB the 2g I would do it just for that app alone. It's sad Apple hasn't implemented something like that already, not just for the 148 app limit but so we can organize apps better.

7. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    one thing I couldn't stand with categories though is that it takes a good while to load. When you first unlock your idevice, it doesn't have a folder in the middle of the screen for ten seconds! lol

8. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    There already is one. It's called 'Categories'.

9. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    Aye. Categories pretty much rocks. One of the primary reasons why I jailbroke my iPhone.

10. dominator

dominator Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    #10 dominator, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    Maybe we have a solution lol

Sakurina work on 5 column springboard and i'm one of the beta tester, and now its work very well

May apple take this for the next release :p

pic for proof

jailbreaked Iphone/iPod needed

the strange thing in the bottom right corner is mobile stack ;p

[​IMG]

ok it not solve the 9 age limit but you can add a lot of more icon with this, at this time its a litle buggy with moving icon but release soon :D no lag, no crash

11. grumpytreto

grumpytreto Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I think the themes make it look better. Heres mine
    [​IMG]

12. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Nice. I like that one, but it just makes me want to yell at Chronic dev for taking so long to get a 2G jailbreak. I know he's working, but I still want one, NOW!! :D/

13. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    What's that theme called?