A Trail....

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Shunmaru, May 18, 2016.

1. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Ha, Thanks man!
    Hope you'll like the end product :D

Awesome, I'll add you to the beta testers list :D
    I'll post the main room/hub screen here, would love to have your opinion on it's visual part.

2. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    We are going ahead with the water color theme ^^
    For the last theme, we'll do an amalgamation of all the other themes as a finale.
    Less than a fortnight remain for the release, guys!

We are planning to run a promotional offer where if you beat our set level, you get the game for free. It's still an in progress idea, let me know if you guys like it or have any suggestions! :D

3. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    the trailer is actually good ! I like the music and the art design are really good ! I am very interested in it ! I would like to beta test this game if possible !

4. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016

Hey Thanks!
    Would add you to the beta testers list ^^

5. Alesso.pisa

Alesso.pisa Well-Known Member

#25 Alesso.pisa, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Amazing

I just found out about this game, and I just want to say that it looks really really cool. I have been a great fan of 2D platformer games for a while, and this one really cought my eye. I really like the idea of the game, and how at the end you get to see the full level almost like a painting. The gameplay feature of the game I really like it. I cant wait for this game to come out, I will 100% download it. I just have one small recomendation that might be hard to add (IDK I am not a creator). The one thing that I feel would make this game even greater is an editor tool... I know it might be hard to add, but I think It would be worth it... One comparison would be Geometry Dash, it has become really succesfull, and I think one of the reasons for it is the editor option. Anyway do as you want, it is your game after all... Eather way I am downloading it when it comes out :D

Keep it up! :rolleyes:
    (And sorry for any grammar mistakes, and or misunderstandings I might had created... English is not my first language)

And BTW about your post about the main charachter/blob I really like the pink one the most, although it could be great if you added all of them and let the player decide! (Again I dont know if this is hard...) Anyway, Good Luck!

6. Grideos

Grideos New Member

Aug 16, 2015
    This is amazing!

So I just noticed this game, and I was shocked about how good it looked.. This is an insta-purchase, and I will maybe try to make some videos of this game ;)
    (Sorry for necropsying :( )

7. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Hey guys,

I apologise for the inactivity, been busy with the polish and bug fixing.

We have added and expanded on the narrative aspects of the game. We are personally excited with what we have finally achieved.

We are sorting out some parts of the the marketing aspect of the game. I'll post more info regarding the release date soon, alongside the latest assets and the narrative direction sneak peek.

Thanks for your interest and patience guys :D

8. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    In Response

We are not planning on adding any power ups to the game. In order to keep the game fresh and the difficulty lively, we have different in game elements.

I'll be talking about them in depth here, every alternate day :)

Hey Alesso, thanks for you appreciaion, means a lot :D

Speaking about level editor, we have been busy past few days crafting a good narrative experience for the players. Level editor wasn't a part of the original vision, however it does have potential. I'll see with our team regarding its viability and see if we can fit it in too.

Will keep you posted if any updates on that. Also regarding the box style, we are trying our best to put in as much as content as viable, so maybe we might add em all ;)

Haha thanks a lot and we would love if you could create some videos once you get the game/test build.

We will try to showcase them as much as we can :D

If you guys have any questions regarding the game do let me know. I apologise for the release delay. Hard at work to get the game out ^^

9. Chief Logan

Chief Logan Well-Known Member

deleted post

10. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    #30 Shunmaru, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Hey Guys,

Long time no see. It's been some time and I apologize for the drop in communication. Long story short, we ran into some issues with our publisher and had to stop working on the game for a while. Now with everything resolved and the game near finished I would love to show you guys how the game has been coming up.

This is a small trailer from a slightly older build. Currently we are adding more polish and different modes in order to make the end content more satisfying. We'll be be sending out invites for beta testing soon, so let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for your patience guys, we are planning to release it by mid August.
    I hope y'all enjoy the game when it comes out!

11. Dropout_Games

Dropout_Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 6, 2015
  12. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Thanks a lot :)

I am sharing some in game screenies for you guys, Will post more later!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ElijahLee

ElijahLee New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    Interested! I am a game reviewer. please add me to beta test. My email is [email protected]

14. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Is this out yet? Cause on the front page it says August 2016??

15. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Sure added :)
    Will notify you when the beta testing begins.

Hey, it was initially supposed to be that, however we are now releasing it on August 2017.
    You can sign up for beta testing if you want!

16. Neverswim

Neverswim Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2017
    gameplayer
    Beijing, China
    really cool! count me in when the test begins! keep eyes on this

17. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    #37 Shunmaru, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Hey thanks! Will do.

Update for you guys, we are adding some new modes for the final release

- Exhibition
    - Survival
    - Snapshot

Also here are some screenies :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will show the new designed room/main menu in the next share :D

18. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Here is quick look at the main menu aka the Room. We are adding in more effects to nail down the ambience.
    Here is a look at the day night cycle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    #39 Shunmaru, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Thanks!

Btw guys, here is a song from the game.
    We have around 8 tracks, one for each chapter plus the room.
    Give it a listen and lemme know if you like it!

20. Shunmaru

Shunmaru Active Member

Apr 20, 2016
    #40 Shunmaru, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Level Elements

Guys here is a quick look at all the various level elements we have. They help us keep the game fresh and challenging.

1) Falling Drops: The player must avoid the drops that fall down as you near them.

[​IMG]

2) Invisible Platforms: In some levels you'll come across invisible platforms. They are a sequence of of platforms that turn invisible as you near them. You must remember the pattern they turn invisible in order to avoid colliding. They'll be physically present, just invisible.

[​IMG]

3) Tank Top Black Hole: One of the more interesting element. Black Holes that transports you to different areas of the levels, they allow us to by really creative with the level design. It applies more of a puzzle approach to the levels as you must figure out which hole is leading you where. Which to go in and which to avoid, the blackholes also have their own pull field. The levels are designed in a way to compliment that.

[​IMG]

4) Lava: Lava is an element in the game that interacts with the size property. You can traverse them normally in smaller size but if you're bigger than a certain threshold you sink in.

[​IMG]

5) Steam: Steam fills in the area directly above lava and it interacts with the jump property and gravity. Both are tweaked to allow longer more floatier jumps covering a bigger arc. Thus it allows you to make jump not possible normally. Lava and steam are always together and thus you must manage both on the go.

[​IMG]