iPad A Shot in the Dark

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jawslover, Feb 15, 2009.

1. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    It looks really interesting, apparently the whole game is auditory.
    Shoot zombies by tapping the side of the screen that you can hear them on.
    A Shot in the Dark

2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    hard to see the game itself on those screenshots...

3. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ahahaha, priceless. :D

I'm gonna TOFTT on this game, because the concept seems really interesting...

4. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    #4 No Hero, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    yeah, it's very interesting. Tell us what u think about it

Edit: Damn i read the description... I would def. want to do it when in the dark at max volume... haha ;)

5. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    I saw this on the newest apps page, but was really confused as to why there was no screenshots of gameplay. Anyway, I think im set with the zombieville game. All auditory doesn't seem like it would interest me.

6. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    the dev is LOLriffic?

7. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    That's what i just did. ;)

I am a person that really likes new ideas in games and i like this one pretty much. The idea itself is not absolutely new, but there are not many games that only (and i mean ONLY) work with an audio component. This one is the first on the iDevice (as far as i know) and in fact i only know of one other game that works that way ('In the Pit' - a XNA Game on Xbox360). So what's interesting about the game? As i said, it mainly uses your auditory skills (combined with reaction and intuition) and completely lacks any visual component. That means there are mainly two target audiences, i guess: Real Hardcoregamers that want to try out any new stuff that they can get their hands on and blind people. If there ever will be a lite version everybody should check this thing out, but until then i guess the public will pretty much ignore this thing. The Sounds are well done (i mean that really is the only thing you could **** up in this kind of game ;)) and after a short while you can work out the 'aiming' pretty well.

If anybody still is interested in this i can only give the following tip: Get your headphones (obviously works better with those instead of the speakers), turn of the light, close your eyes and begin the hunt... ;)