Universal A Ride into the Mountains

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by lekochen, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I cant imagine playing Angry Birds while tilting my ipad left and right. Just not for me.

I hope youll consider adding control options without tilt, especially with the amount of reactions you're getting regarding tilt+tap and drag.

2. bobehm

bobehm Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Forbidden Forest. It reminds me of that one.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Totally agree with you, tilt gameplay isn't for me either, unless it's a racing game, but even tho, I would still choose the alternative way

4. thesidewaystable

thesidewaystable Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    #24 thesidewaystable, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    I'm probably alone in this but tilts controls don't really bother me in a game like this .the graphics look beautifull do I am going to give this a try for only 69p (99)

Edit played through the first level and I have not been disappointed .everything about this game just makes me smile I know it's an outside choice but GOTW for me do far at least.

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I bought it but can't play it until I get home tonight from work. I'll let you know whether or not you're crazy around that time ;)

6. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    looks nice, i'll give it a try!

7. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Will this work on iPod touch 4?

8. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Thanks for going on about it! Sold! This game is amazing! I love the shadow of the Colossus vibe. Beautiful pixelated graphics. Strange to hear all of my Fellow gamers complaining about the difficulty of tilt controls they haven't even tried out yet. You're a gamerÂ… Stop complaining about difficulty and overcome the challenge. LOL Any control scheme can be done right if the developer gives the right attention to detail. This one IS done right!

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Yeah, I'll give this a shot as well in a little while.

10. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    I have played this game through about 10 levels and I completely love it! Tilting and aiming at the same time is challenging but not impossible to master. I think it portrays the difficulty of aiming on horseback very well. It should be difficult. But over the course of needing to be better during the more difficult challenges you'll find that you achieve a level of mastery that at first he would not have believed possible. Great job developer! This is the type of gaming experience that iOS needs more of!

11. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    Does this work on iPod touch 4?

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Similar to my thoughts as well. Nice little game. Controls are intuitive and work well. I found the side-scrolling portions more enjoyable than the top-down though. Think the game would actually have done better to stick with the single perspective and build on it.

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I like the looks of this one! Will check it out, but probably won't get a chance to play it for awhile, I'm so backed up with so many new games right now.

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Very interested in it, is it an endless game or is there a story with an end ?

15. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

#36 treasurestudio, Jul 23, 2013
    This is what makes the App Store an interesting place. Lovely game, feels like a breath of fresh air. Actually think the tilt controls work well and creates more of a feeling of riding a horse.

The simplicity to the graphics just add to the overall feel... great use of pixels with some nice little touches.

Gabrien already mentioned it but the game does have a little Ico/Shadow of the Colossus vibe running through it. Great stuff!

16. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus don't know what but instabuy and love it !

Such a great little gem !

17. JahkanTaka

JahkanTaka Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Yes, it runs smooth as butter on mine.

18. TheEvilRobot

Apr 4, 2013
    Awesome thanks :)

19. JoshW66

JoshW66 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    #40 JoshW66, Jul 23, 2013
    Yes, I think there's an almost zen-like mastery of the controls to be achieved that, like you say, must be close to what it's like to actually ride a horse and shoot (and it seems like this going for a zen-like mastery of skills is intentional on the developer's part) This game is brilliant in its combination of elements and beautiful in its pixelly portrayal of its world.