iPad A question for gamers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by InhanceGames, Nov 14, 2008.

1. When you play a 3D iphone action or driving game, what is more important to you?

A. Cutting edge graphics with slightly choppy performance

B. Silky smooth performance with slightly muddy graphics.

Also, how important is the Application size (in Megabytes) to you? What do you consider to be an acceptable size range for a game? ie: 25-50 megs, 200-300 megs?

--Steve
    Inhance Games

2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    B.

Crash Nitro Kart is a perfect example of this. I find it easily playable, despite it's shitty graphics. That being said, don't cut back on the graphics if you don't have to!

Anything <100MB is fairly acceptable IMO... Anything larger will just crash my iPod just trying to install it

3. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    A. I definitely want a good-looking game. Size doesn't matter (not in that way). Obviously to make a game look great u'd need over 100MB, which i'd be happy with: 100< Size <200 MB...

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    In my opinion, you can't have choppy play in a dring game. Shouldn't have that in any game but especially a driving game.

I never look at the size of an app. If it means smooth play with great graphics, make it 200, 300, 500 mb's...I don't care! Of course, I have a 32gb Touch.... ;)

5. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    IMO you can't have choppy game play.. period. However, the bar keeps getting raised as far as graphics, so you need to do the best you can.

The file size doesn't matter to me if the game is good... not at all.

6. henr1kk

henr1kk Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Independent Game Designer and Developer
    Porto, Portugal
    I'd have to say B...
    I love me some good graphics but if the framerate and overall quality of the game is compromised, I'll pass!
    IMO, the most important thing right now, when it comes to iPhone/Touch gaming is controls and how well they're implemented!

I have a 16GB Touch so any game that goes over 500MB is a bit large!
    I'd say 500MB is the limit for me...

7. I agree with most others here. The graphics, of course, ought to be the best looking they can be. Saying that, choppy performance is NOT acceptable in a driving game if it interferes with gameplay. A slower framerate is acceptable so long as the game is responsive enough for you to turn when you want to etc.
    File size matters not with me, as along with Mr Charley, I own a 32GB Touch. However if the large size is due to fmv, then PLEASE include and option to skip it.

8. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    My favorite racer at the moment is Pole Position Remix which says alot about my choice, b please.

Gameplay is always, ALWAYS, more important than graphics. Maximum size doesn´t really matter.

9. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Smooth gameplay and animations are more important than graphics to me. For the size, I don't care. Use as much as you need.

10. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    NICE!

Do you know how to unlock everything?

11. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    B.
    As others have said, Gameplay is paramount. Otherwise you only have a tech demo people watch once, delete, and leave a bad review.