A Preschool Adventure coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by IceTempleGames, Sep 25, 2010.

1. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    #1 IceTempleGames, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    IceTempleGames is thrilled to announce a new game for kids to be released sometime in October!

"A preschool adventure" is a game for kids filled with tons of educational activities. Some of these include:

-Math (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division)
    -Matching
    -Haunted Search
    -Draw
    -Logic
    -Learn Colors
    -Coloring Book
    -Making Cakes and Cookies
    -Alphabet
    -Counting
    -Grouping
    -Animals

Here is a sneak peak:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments regarding our app would be greatly appreciated!

2. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    We would really appreciate comments/reccomendations for our app. We take your ideas and thoughts and implement them in our app, you're opinion comes first

3. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    well i dont think its the correct forum :)
    most of the people here are without kids

4. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    Telling us how well you think it looks from the screenshots would be helpful as well...

Do you think it looks attractive?
    Do you think kids would be interested?
    Do you like the artwork of the game?

Anything really would be helpful to us, even if you have no kids

5. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    Well yes its does look cool and of course kids will love it
    i wish i could have such a colorful and nice looking app when i was a kid
    and good luck!

6. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    Thats more like it! We have invested a ton of time on this app so we really hope it does well.

Any other comments?

7. semibored

semibored Member

Sep 22, 2010
    #7 semibored, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    It may be hard to receive the proper feedback on forums with a large demographic of people without kids. Have you considered possibly posting on forums for mothers or parents?

In any case, aesthetically speaking, it does look nice. The only thing I could mention is that many edutainment games for children seem to have voice-overs for instructions and encouragement. You may want to consider adding that or possibly some humorous sound effects/music.

8. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    We have indeed added voice overs to help the kids understand whats happening. We also have a lot of very calm and cute music playing in the background, and many sound effects throughout.

Are there any parents here at all? If yes, would something like this bring to the attention of you and your kid(s)?

If there are others who have no interest in this app, could you let us know if your relatives, siblings, etc could have interest in it based on the apps that they previously bought? It would be very helpful to us to know this because in the end it all comes down to if that user is interested in it or not

9. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Why is it called adventure? What adventure aspects are there? When I think of that title it makes me think of something like Jump Start Learning Adventure jumpstart.com which is done extremely well. My 5 year old loves it.

Your screenshots aren't very convincing of a good preschool iPhone/iPod game. There are a TON of pre-school geared games in the app store with similar screenshots that were just bad to the point where my 5 year old tried it for 20 seconds and was done.

Are you putting effort into the graphics or are they just images you can press on to get sounds and a small animation? Excuse my rudeness but 90% of the kids learning games on the app store now are charging money for moving images and the games looked like they were made in an hour.

I'm sure you are putting more time into it and I hope you bring out a good product just think about it.

If you want another Beta Tester, I will gladly get my kids input for you.

10. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    @Twick,

We will be investing a lot more money on graphics, this is only early stages of our game

Could you guys let me know which screenshot style you prefer the most?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    By the way, any other name recommendations??

12. BigBananApps

BigBananApps Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    One thing I can say for sure. Where it says find the monkey, make sure it also says it with voice. I have see games get killed for not doing this. The kids in the age your targeting can not read monkey.

Cheers

13. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010
    Yup, there will definitely be voice for that. Theres voices mostly throughout the whole game.

Or do you think we should get rid of the voices and target a higher age group?

And any name recommendations? We are still having trouble with that?

14. WillothyTech

WillothyTech New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    It's looks really nice!! Very kid friendly, and can't wait to get this for my kid! I think she'll love it!

15. IceTempleGames

Sep 25, 2010

Thanks! We really appreciate the feedback.